Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 30th April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    What science is that, bullshysics ?
    Even Scientologists aren't stupid enough to recognise that claim as science.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Lots of debating back and forth...using "pshytcology?!" ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    ways to kill selling lootrights (none of it is surefire tho)
    1. you should be in team when the boss dies.
    2. you should be in team when the boss is first aggro'd.
    3. dont allow players to loot if they joined team after the boss died.
    4. loot should rot quicker, maybe 3-5m instead of 25-30.

people will still find ways to sell loot, they will even sell the spot in team. but these would still help force people to actively play their characters.
    Way to limit teams with end game loot to enf/doc/crat/sol...unless I suppose team someone and just let them wait at entrance/portal until boss dead then come loot.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

single team instances can be done with infinite amount of prof combinations, doc is maybe the only essential one out of those 4. and for raids, there are raidbots that are quite active.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    single team instances can be done with infinite amount of prof combinations, doc is maybe the only essential one out of those 4. and for raids, there are raidbots that are quite active.
    Could probably do a lot without doc too. A combination of adv, trader and mp heals could keep a soldier tank alive during many encounters.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Could probably do a lot without doc too. A combination of adv, trader and mp heals could keep a soldier tank alive during many encounters.
    I'm rather interested in seeing how well MP healing could possibly be boosted.

Healing Staff for 12%
    20% from Kenfi-10
    Soothing Spirits 10
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

has it been almost 7 years since this post? how long has it been since we've seen non 1 roomed content being added?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...t=new+graphics

The last booster was 4 years ago, the engine was to start almost 7 years ago. Blast from the past!
    Last edited by Montelukast; May 23rd, 2014 at 06:11:52.
    Hells Heroes
    Montelukast 220 Doctor - Redsonjah 220 Enforcer - Blackgammon2 220 Engineer
    Hellsheroes 220 Nano-Tech - Tinykungfu 220 Martial Artist - Dayvidian 220 Soldier
    Allomancer 213 Keeper - Captplanet 217 Meta-Physicist - Mrspeed 200 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I'm sorry but to earn a significant reward for doing pvp, I feel that you should pvp. The xp reward on pvp missions were added to help pvpers level, not pvmers. I'm not punishing pvmers any more than I am punishing pvpers by having them do pvm content to level.
    I am on board all the way, 100% with this change. I just signed up for TL7 BS so I could PvP and get a reward (as a bonus). Like 10 minutes have gone by and BS has not started, am I not doing the mission correctly, no PvP is happening and I am not getting any reward?

Hmm, while I wait, I guess I could go do the one PvM elite daily where I run around and tag the Clan guys...you know, the PvM that does not actually require any PvM.

Or maybe I should log one of my non-TL7 toons, see if I can get BS thingy to work on one of those guys. Sounds like a plan.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I think conceptually it's a bad idea, through the hundreds of threads/posts from new and old players about Bat Station either hunting greenies or title farming or spawn camping. Those negatives would only get highlighted more if you throw in an xp reward. Heck I could even see multi logged 2 toons 1 mech 1 turret or 1 anti personel and 1 anti tank turret, and just spawn/cap point camp for xp. Would be worth a few kills each for easy almost afk xp. Not saying this is an exploit but I am sure you can see how this could get out of hand.
    It's pretty much a non-issue. Pvm (ost/kite/lootrights) is much worse. The idea is to encourage pvp.

Lets say someone is spawncamping a greenie. Omagad!!! Then...*dun dun dun* lets say a agent sneaks up on the guy and throw a CH on the greenie after the alpha, and then the agent pop both snareperks and let the greenie finish the job. Pretty entertaining hm? The idea is to encourage pvp, but let players choose themself how to do it. No point to express contempt for the way players choose to behave and pvp. You're too idealistic imo. Cheap tactics doesn't matter that much and duels isn't any better.

What do you think about how Taraloot is obtained btw?

Atm, players obviously obtain it in a unintended way with no opposition at all. Fix that and egpal/lootselling in a integral manner instead. I am pretty sure credmafia (it is indeed organized crime) have representatives that tries to influence devs to make patches that favors their criminal activity. With much support from honorgreedy vets aswell btw. Some people wants playergaps which I think doesn't help ao.

Quote Originally Posted by Montelukast View Post
    has it been almost 7 years since this post? how long has it been since we've seen non 1 roomed content being added?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...t=new+graphics

The last booster was 4 years ago, the engine was to start almost 7 years ago. Blast from the past!
    Nobody talks about the new expansion Lindelu mentioned in her first post. *rubs it in*
    Last edited by leetlover; May 23rd, 2014 at 10:45:38.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

about new graphic engine - it may not occured to everyone, but as they started work with this "new" engine, it was 2 years old, and it was 5 years ago. 7 years in graphic departament is at least HUGEEEEEEEE gap betwean quality. So, afterall, this new engine will be quite old, if they will actually make it in newxt years (I doubt it).

Its like in war and war machine invention - your enemy is flying on jets, and you are suppose to be happy to chase them in ballon
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Lets be brutally honest here: PVP missions from the neutral "secret" bar in Borealis were meant to be pvp missions. Sadly, most of these missions aren't even close to being pvp and doesn't encourage pvp. You can tab towers in a tower field without pvping. I have had players yelling at me when I attacked them in the notum miner area, which was designed to be a pvp area.
    I'm sorry but to earn a significant reward for doing pvp, I feel that you should pvp. The xp reward on pvp missions were added to help pvpers level, not pvmers. I'm not punishing pvmers any more than I am punishing pvpers by having them do pvm content to level.

Doing a battlestation round to get the maximum reward for a pvp daily is not a punishment. I have pvped with plenty of completely gimped characters in the battlestation. You can still be of use if you play smart, cap points and mech up when it gets too rough. If you don't care about pvp ranks and reputation, does it really matter if you die a few times? I mean you don't even get resurrection sickness in the battlestations.
    Update: Success! I finally got an invite to BS on my fixer. It lasted only a few minutes (so quicker than tower tabbing daily), I did die a few gruesome deaths (I even got to shout out an obligatory, epeen-stroking "yo man, you suck the sweat from atrox cabbage"). Sadly, for some reason, clan decided to let omni 4-cap and win 500 to like 15. So, all in all, I got more VP than I would have doing the tower daily, got my xp reward all at the expense of some silly "deaths". This PvMer approves of the new "pvp" daily (not really a new daily, just more of a new approach). Gogo FC. Not exactly sure a real PvPer would think the same, but that is for them to weigh in on.

Now to try it on my TL3-TL6 toons...onward and upward!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    Texas Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Now to try it on my TL3-TL6 toons...onward and upward!
    imo, bs should be 220 only (and maybe tl5/tl6) and more integrated to NW. Can add alternative methods 4 ofab.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    imo, bs should be 220 only (and maybe tl5/tl6)...
    I cannot imagine why. While I am now firmly camped in the PvMer genre, I used to participate in and enjoy PvP, even though I was never very good at it. I did this on all TL of toons and, since BS used to run at lower levels...due to higher population, novelty, etc., it was something to be enjoyed by all, despite no missions or anything like that.

Can add alternative methods 4 ofab.
    We already have that, you can buy it from someone else. Of course, I know how much a certain someone hates it when i sit on my a** and let someone else play the game for me (yes, I know, I have to earn the credits right....erm, right?).
    Last edited by Liamboru; May 23rd, 2014 at 14:02:27.

Walker
    Texas Ranger

I cannot imagine why.
    pvp-orienated players have little intrest in bs at other lvlranges. it's pointless and likely spread players too much.

We already have that,
    not pvm'able.

I think it is lame 2 sell power in a subscriptionbased game.

Additional Update: On second BS try (also TL7), noooooo, bugged BS, no PvP (or reward), deserter flag...this does suck the sweat from an Atrox cabbage!

pvp-orienated players have little intrest in bs at other lvlranges. it's pointless and likely spread players too much.

not pvm'able.

I think it is lame 2 sell power in a subscriptionbased game.
    Like I said, I am a pvmer now and I was probably never "pvp-oriented", only a casual player who liked to do it, nearly every day, on multiple toons, at all TL...again, I was never good at it, it just appealed to me. Sometimes BS was the only PvP at hand, even when population was much higher than it is now.

Not pvm'able or just slow as FC development cycle?

Agreed on the selling point, my comment(s) are in response to what appears to be inconsistency in what gets nerfed and what does not.

Walker
    Texas Ranger

Like I said, I am a pvmer now and I was probably never "pvp-oriented", only a casual player who liked to do it, nearly every day, on multiple toons, at all TL...again, I was never good at it, it just appealed to me. Sometimes BS was the only PvP at hand, even when population was much higher than it is now.
    Another way could be to have 'downtime' on bs to create congreations when they 'open'.

Lets be brutally honest here: PVP missions from the neutral "secret" bar in Borealis were meant to be pvp missions. Sadly, most of these missions aren't even close to being pvp and doesn't encourage pvp.
    I HATE PVP. So yes I didn't do it and I won't. Period. So to be brutally honest: I raised a lot of my chars doing the not-so secret bar notum towers. And you took that away after, well, years ? So I feel realy disappointed. You broke part of my daily game routine.

Another way could be to have 'downtime' on bs to create congreations when they 'open'.
    In theory, a good idea.
    Problem is, AO already has about 12h of "downtime".
    People in those time zones would be excluded from BS altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Asperine View Post
    I HATE PVP. So yes I didn't do it and I won't. Period. So to be brutally honest: I raised a lot of my chars doing the not-so secret bar notum towers. And you took that away after, well, years ? So I feel realy disappointed. You broke part of my daily game routine.
    I don't hate PVP at all.
    But many of my toons aren't perked or geared for it and sometimes I play during off-hours when BS doesn't run.
    So yes, I liked to have the option of the daily towers/notum miners missions.
    If the missions were fine for 4 years, it makes no sense to remove them now.

Worst part, in the absence of any kind of marketing, froobs are the only source of potential new customers for AO.
    But as predicted, froobs can still do the towers/notum miners missions and get absolutely nothing from them - not even a warning in the quest dialogue.

Strong work FC!
    We don't need no stinkin' new players, capitalism is so overrated!
    Let's just keep AO a college programming project!
    Last edited by Grandpa; May 24th, 2014 at 01:14:19.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

The level of neglect and mismanagement shown to this game is approaching the level of comically bad. It is like they choose the wrong avenue on purpose. They fix non-problems, break stuff because one person doesn't think it should work that way, consistently second guess themselves, and seem perpetually distracted.

Here is a novel approach: Try to create an update that has people excited and maybe even heralding your efforts on the forums. I know it sounds inconceivable but it is possible to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Worst part, in the absence of any kind of marketing, froobs are the only source of potential new customers for AO.
    But as predicted, froobs can still do the towers/notum miners missions and get absolutely nothing from them - not even a warning in the quest
    Fr00bs also accrue VP alongside Paid players.

Being a former 200 fr00b myself, the VP I had upon upgrading was significant, and were it not for the generosity of a notorious ganker friend of the same profession, they would doubtless have been used to purchase the LE items I required.

Whether for items or credits, having a source of VP is independently useful to any fr00b contemplating an upgrade. Indeed, gaining a locked-out currency is itself a lure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    capitalism is so overrated!
    You certainly seem to think so, at least in the context of AO
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast