Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 30th April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    I hope the update next Saturday is kitten videos at least those are entertaining.
    confirmed: BIG UPDATE IS COMMING ON LIVE SERVER: funny kittens videos (available for $12 in US and 39 euros in Europe)

p.s.: for UK, you will need to send us some bank account statements to check if you eligible for kittens since it will be around £96.79 per month)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    I hope the update next Saturday is kitten videos at least those are entertaining.
    gonna bet it wont even mention daily nerfs.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    gonna bet it wont even mention daily nerfs.
    True, but I expect some more lies, semi interesting stories about "how I pretended to be working for last months", and maybe even what I am going to nerf in AO to make gaming experience more frustrating for new players...

However after changing BS mission and allowing John Smith to give my level 16 froob mission to "see if Tarasque is OK" no amount of stupidity will surprise me
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

I must admit, I resubscribed, and it was absolute comedic gold to read this month:

"Yeah, I wanted to work on beta engine but uh...vacation...so...cya guys next month if none of my current interviews come through with an offer."

Absolute. ****ing. Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    True, but I expect some more lies, semi interesting stories about "how I pretended to be working for last months", and maybe even what I am going to nerf in AO to make gaming experience more frustrating for new players...

However after changing BS mission and allowing John Smith to give my level 16 froob mission to "see if Tarasque is OK" no amount of stupidity will surprise me
    At this point, I actually support more vacations for our Devs:

Every update the same thing:

- nothing players have ask for gets implemented
    - no bug that needs fixing gets actually fixed
    - instead, always something not needed, ignorant, sloppy, or plain aggravating is implemented

So, if they are on another vacation, at least they can't muck anything up or piss anyone off!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

I don't think it is so much 'pvm'ers vs pvp'ers'. Both relates to eachother. I am sure many level 200 pvp-twinks would enjoy if it was som fun pvm-content for their level and vice versa.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    The level of neglect and mismanagement shown to this game is approaching the level of comically bad. It is like they choose the wrong avenue on purpose. They fix non-problems, break stuff because one person doesn't think it should work that way, consistently second guess themselves, and seem perpetually distracted.

Here is a novel approach: Try to create an update that has people excited and maybe even heralding your efforts on the forums. I know it sounds inconceivable but it is possible to make it happen.
    Agreed. As much as i absolutely love AO, it seem that they intentionally take the wrong step on every occasion possible, as you said.

Damn love/hate relasionship, why cant it just be all love with AO!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    At this point, I actually support more vacations for our Devs:

Every update the same thing:

- instead, always something not needed, ignorant, sloppy, or plain aggravating is implemented

So, if they are on another vacation, at least they can't muck anything up or piss anyone off!
    You need specific, what was done by who.

One employe was reading forums full time. Actually, after reading it for last 14 months, he gets clue about this game (anarchy online) and he is ready to download install. Unfortunatelly, page of AO is sooo outdated, that he needs to get a clue how to revieve it, thus he needs to spend more time on forums to read what players want.

Second employee was testing beta engine of World of Planes for Android platform. Actually, he thinks, after over 700 hours of gaming experience, it could be implemented into AO, especially, when it comes to aerial experience with Yalmaha XL. Speaking of Yalmaha, after all hours of testings, 50% of Ao employees wants to introduce new expansion pack, with Yamaha Fighting Vehicle, to brinhg AO to whole new level, and to caught new players - enthusiasts of aerial dog fights.

So, by this complete statemnt, of what 100% of FC employees did last few month, we know where we are hading.

Head of AO was on vacation, so he know nothing new, except in summer it can be hot, and at winter may be cold.
    Last edited by Pomidor; May 27th, 2014 at 09:27:40.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rustytools View Post
    so...cya guys next month if none of my current interviews come through with an offer."
    considering the rate of gd changes lately, this is sad but true i feel. And i dont know if i would act differently if i was in their shoes either, trying to keep a game alive thats on its deathbed already.
    Last edited by EmperorOfMAnkind; May 27th, 2014 at 13:09:59.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Yeah, fix bugs. Deathanimationbug might be a funny bug, but still...
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Anyone else got the feeling that everything is just to prepare AO going fully f2p when engine *eventually* hits live?

- Need quick levels? Hey, we got XP cans in store!
    - Not fast nuff for axp? We got the whole stuff as nano!
    - Still too slow on levels? Hey, we got heckler juice! Yummy!

- Oh wait? You're lvl 200 and lack tokens? Here, a 2k package for ya. Buy 2 if ya can, the 4k board will hit the store at some point!
    - Awww... lvl 200, 4k tokens and no faction? We have em in 3 flavours! Man, you could also travel safely in SL if ya buy the opposite faction packs. Who cares? Research is XP and not affected by faction!

- Aww.. you're 220/30/70, evened out faction, with a 4k board and forgot the garden keys? Here, all the basic keys for a small exchange in RL creds. We *may* add the sanc keys later. You know, we're a small dev team that will take a while to implement..

/rant
    Last edited by Tikra; May 28th, 2014 at 19:01:04. Reason: numbers and me.. never fail to fail

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Anyone else got the feeling that everything is just to prepare AO going fully f2p when engine *eventually* hits live?
    /rant

The item store will never make up for the loss of multiple paid subs per player. The population is just too small, and there's nothing in the works (that we know about, anyway) that is going to result in a permanent population increase, so I really don't expect for them to ever go fully f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    The item store will never make up for the loss of multiple paid subs per player. The population is just too small, and there's nothing in the works (that we know about, anyway) that is going to result in a permanent population increase, so I really don't expect for them to ever go fully f2p.
    The item store lost them more subs than money it gained I would bet. The items in the store should really target the froobs players, not the people already paying. Valve did a long talk on f2p. Their income goes up by giving away the games and having an item store.

I could make anarchy online extremely profitable and not come off as greedy... why can't funcom?
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

There are a lot of items they could have in the Item Store that would sell well. Here are some examples. Again this is about selling well and bring in money so the game can go F2P.

Idea #1
    ---------
    Vacuum Packed set of five QL100 LE Type ##
    Cost 600 points

Vacuum Packed set of five QL200 LE Type ##
    Cost 1200 points

Vacuum Packed set of five QL300 LE Type ##
    Cost 2400 points

Have items for every LE Type. This would take away a grind for LE Types if wanted to spend the cash. This is an item that people would use as it would allow them to get on with game play and not have to farm a crap load of types over and over.

Idea #2
    ---------
    Complete one Research Line for Level #
    Cost
    -L1 100
    -L2 200
    -L3 300
    -L4 400
    -L5 500
    -L6 1000
    -L7 1200
    -L8 1800
    -L9 2400
    -L10 3600

Pretty simple and explains itself. Use the Item and completes a selected research of the given level. So consider that 7 level 10's would cost 25200 points or 210$.

If the above is to much then consider this

Idea #3
    ---------
    Unlock XP/SK Research XP Caps
    Cost 4800

Use this to remove your XP/SK caps and it only cost you 40$. Not instant power but would sure make research easier.

These are quick and dirty items with low cost. Those with multiple subs I am sure would rather spend 20-30 bucks on items that actually help them than on sub fees for 2 to 3 accounts.

Just ideas I have for making the Item Store bring in more money. But AO could be F2P and not really be selling power. Everything I suggested is achievable with time/grinding. People would be paying to skip the grind. I am sure there are a lot of people that would do just that.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Having played AO since 9 or 10 years ago being on and off for the last 5 years and seing subscription type mmo's vs f2p with either pay to win or pay to take the assle outta farming, I'd say that AO at the moment needs more population, not the on and off switch I have seen for the last 2 weeks or so since I came back and the solution at the moment resides in either:

- Going totally f2p with the kind of items that were proposed on the previous comment *wp Lheann, I'd totally see it going pretty well*

- Making one of the 3 paid expansions free *either AI or LE depending on whichever would bring the less ammount of stuff/power to the free community vs paid*

-Or even revamping some of the old school encounters so that the difficulty scales up well to the current endgame comunity with different versions of their current loot tables without bringing power versus the current items endgame peeps use.

Personally I'd choose the first or the second.. or even a mix of both with the 3rd as a consequence.

PS: bring on the hate train, this is just my opinion hehe
    If you knew all that i know and only that, you'd know more than i do.

Boruto 220/27/70 Patroxius 220/23/xx Detrax 170/16/42 Rebimbas 150/20/42 Fodilhao 74/7/14

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    There are a lot of items they could have in the Item Store that would sell well. Here are some examples. Again this is about selling well and bring in money so the game can go F2P.
    I understand what you suggest and it would make sense for "normal" companies.
    But FC cannot even secure their item shop!
    Remember the thousands of dollars in token packages and breed changes that are still floating around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Yes, AO needs more people.
    But F2P would get us just some lowbie trolls that would all quit after TotW.

FC doesn't advertise this game - nobody knows about AO anymore!
    FC doesn't understand the problems new players face here - nonexistent or outdated documentation, cheater's economy, dead LFT, fractured progression, etc.
    The glorious NPE is just an improved Noob Island with better graphics but it will not help with any of the fundamental issues.

As it is, F2P is not a financially viable model for AO.
    Last edited by Grandpa; May 29th, 2014 at 16:48:49.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Just give up ppl! Ain't noone reading. And if they did read, they'd never implement any of your ideas. And even if they would suddenly want to, they have no resources to do so.

since forums are dead anyways...

FunCom readed somwhere that most up-to-time games are gaining profit from micro transactions. So FC figured out, if they basic transaction for gaming is 20USD, they will put "micro" for 5, for everything
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

TL;DR. such whine. wow.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

You know, fc, that you can run regexp scripts on your logs, right?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast