Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 30th April 2014

Statics, RK missions, dailies, dynas, quests, and random SL stuff. I cannot tell you the last time I have had a team while leveling a toon from 100-200 or so.

This is not to say I don't get offers! I rarely turn on /anon and it happens now that even in PW you will get tells asking if you are in a kite team. That this crap has infested RK is bothersome, but I guess it has been that way for a while.

I don't see those missions doing that much good in Inferno, but if you dropped several of them (solo / team / protect / kill / whatever) in the zones that people currently bypass by OST or kiting their way through it might do some good.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    I don't see those missions doing that much good in Inferno, but if you dropped several of them (solo / team / protect / kill / whatever) in the zones that people currently bypass by OST or kiting their way through it might do some good.
    Yeah, I really do hope the new missions will be presented in every zone, or atleast Ely->Scheol->Ado->Pen->Inf (I left out Nasc since those levels go by fast enough as it is)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I am still unsure if I want to make this mission type hard core mode and that dying while participating in this defense, will make you fail the mission. Maybe we will make one hard and easy mode.
    Maybe make getting the xp-reward easy (key disappears), but phatz-reward the heavy part.

How about lvl-ranges btw? I think it would be cool if it was most rewarding if 170-200 teamed, 201-215 and 215-220.

Apart from that I think the sl-mobs are boring. Lox-mobs are more fun 2 fight.

There are plenty of alternative ways to level up and with these new missions we are working on, there will be even more.
    plz also work on populating tl7 bs.

Shortening gaps between players will be good while adding more nice things 2 vetshop.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 30th, 2014 at 20:22:44.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

On another note, I hate shadowlands and wished they made new rk-missions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    I'd better focus on changes aimed on overall Shadowlands improvements such as Scheol changes, that might raise interest of mid-level players,
    I don't think it would mean much unless they make us benefit best from leveling within our own level-range. Players will always take the shortest route to 'get to the cheeze', so you'd probably see highbies in lowbie-zones. I also think doing stuff within same level is more fun.

It's easy to fix - just change xp level ranges of players and make them much shorter.
    For example - you can get xp with team mates 10 levels above or below you.
    That will solve alot of problems: content usage, twinking knowledge (need to have up-to-date setup to be competive), will increase overall level of healers, attackers and pullers, and so on. And it won't touch PvP level ranges.

Of course it might generate tons of emo and many people will be upset, but in the end they'll chill (as always tho) and adapt to new requirements.
    Last edited by Artyomis; Apr 30th, 2014 at 20:49:06.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

I'm not saying that I can't fix it, I'm just saying it will make a lot of people upset. I have a design document somewhere. Where I had designed heckler instances where NTs could kite... solo. And nerfing level ranges of the hecklers to match the zones they are in. So that the correct level players fight the hecklers in the zones they should. Lastly make hecklers and spirits fear high level players to prevent outside tanking. We could also change the teaming level ranges.
    Yes to all of this.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

The biggest problem I have with changing this is that it would make a lot of players angry. No matter how much time we spend on making Shadowlands the best leveling experience in the history of the gaming, it can't compare to sitting on your a** and doing nothing while someone else levels you.
    Just add hecklerjuice and testrobot to vetshop, done.

The reason kitejobs is popular is also cause it yields a far greater xp-rate than doing it like chuck norris. fix that?

It's easy to fix - just change xp level ranges of players and make them much shorter.
    That will solve alot of problems: content usage, twinking knowledge (need to have up-to-date setup to be competive), will increase overall level of healers, attackers and pullers, and so on. And it won't touch PvP level ranges.

Of course it might generate tons of emo and many people will be upset, but in the end they'll chill (as always tho) and adapt to new requirements.
    Yes, that sounds like a great idea. Limit the already dwindling population so that they have an even harder time levelling! Genius!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yes, that sounds like a great idea. Limit the already dwindling population so that they have an even harder time levelling! Genius!
    Nah, lets make new "auto-ding-220" items buyable for VPs and instance with boss similar to 12-man with full db1/2/3/beast drop, as far as super AI general with 50% chance to pop that drops 7x supple and 7x strong, so players will be able to get endgame 220 toon in 15 minutes.

That will surely motivate everyone to play for several years, or to participate in PvP as cannon meat that instadies.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

The biggest problem I have with changing this is that it would make a lot of players angry. No matter how much time we spend on making Shadowlands the best leveling experience in the history of the gaming, it can't compare to sitting on your a** and doing nothing while someone else levels you.
    And people take kite hill over leveling in Scheol. The new SL missions in Scheol would be a good alt path for XP. Missions in Scheol period would be a good idea. Get from 100-130 in Scheol without using OST teams and/or kiting. If you are still sane we will talk. Scheol begs for attention. If you are not going to bring the new missions into Scheol you are missing a huge chance to make people happy.

As far as kitting removal. Just make them angry and move on. If you fix things like missions in Scheol and oh you know maybe fix research to allow for more than 5% per kill people would not feel the need to sit on the hill quite so much. Leveling and getting research done at those levels sucks. So yes being kited is more fun and much faster.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Nah, lets make new "auto-ding-220" items buyable for VPs and instance with boss similar to 12-man with full db1/2/3/beast drop, as far as super AI general with 50% chance to pop that drops 7x supple and 7x strong, so players will be able to get endgame 220 toon in 15 minutes.

That will surely motivate everyone to play for several years, or to participate in PvP as cannon meat that instadies.
    How is not making levelling even harder synonymous with being given a fully decked out 220? Or are you not aware that this is an MMO and that teaming with people is a huge part of it?

Oh wait I just realised who I'm talking to. Sorry, I'll leave you to your 40 Cities.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

As part of this initiative, we would also investigate if we could base the xp reward amount on the mission level and not the level of the mission roller so that the old inferno missions would be less wait and more play.
    1. The winning option not only mentioned a new SL mission type but also some investigation into adjustments for the current SL missions. Have you guys had a chance to take a look at the old/current SL missions and see if you're able to change it to Easy/Medium/Hard with reward scaled on character level versus the level of the mission roller?

2. Would you guys consider taking a look at the locations for the Adonis missions and see if you can make the mission entrances a tad bit more friendly for players at that level (i.e. some locations that are as convenient as the Penumbra and Inferno options).

3. Any chance you guys will consider making those missions carry over to Scheol or is it intentional that there isn't a SL mission option (of any type) from the pre-ado gardens?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 30th, 2014 at 21:37:17.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Here is an idea for a Vet Shop Item.

Cost: 200 Vet Points
    Name: Heir Loom Auto Leveler
    Flags: NODROP UNIQUE

On Use:
    Level character(self) one level.

Description:
    Created for the serious veterans of RK. This item will allow you to level a toon to the desired level. Single level increments allow the user to level to any specific level they desire. Have fun creating your twinks.

Now that would be a great vet item and anyone that has 200+ veteran points has been around long enough and given FC enough money to deserve this item.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Dont get it, New sl mission for xp won poll...and you talk about hardcore. Makes real sense, if so just set xp reward on collector, hardcore enough,,
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

For reference, I'll post a link to my previous rely to this question:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=523

Short story: There is no sensible way I can make sure that you don't complete them at the same time. The way these missions are played, was not how it was designed or intended to be played. Completing the Battlestation 1 time per day should not hand you 3 rewards at the same time. The only way for me to fix this problem without spending a lot of resources on it was to remove the possibility of completing this mission more than once per day (Which was the way it was initially designed anyway.)

Edit: I also don't intend to "make up for the lost" xp. There are plenty of alternative ways to level up and with these new missions we are working on, there will be even more.
    Well if your game wasnt deadish as it is now i could understand your logic but when you wait 30 min+ to see 1 bs start and run (without bug like when there is less than 2 in 1 side) i can understand people try to find alternative to that
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Good idea for veteran players.
    Bad idea for new players.

No new player can afford an "up-to-date setup".
    It's not even clear what an "up-to-date setup" is - how is it decided and who is deciding it?
    With mandatory inspect, you can imagine how "up-to-date" is going to be interpreted and how it would affect a new player's ability to get teams.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

How I read it .. new SL missions inferno.. the game is already top end heavy, fill the Elly heck problem, fill the void on RK for froob and paid players alike, why waste time and resources on this instead of working on the balance, and beta engine that we have been waiting for far too long, and take a look at subscription prices for monthly renewals this needs addressing also. My mind boggles on funcom thought process.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Good idea for veteran players.
    Bad idea for new players.

No new player can afford an "up-to-date setup".
    It's not even clear what an "up-to-date setup" is - how is it decided and who is deciding it?
    With mandatory inspect, you can imagine how "up-to-date" is going to be interpreted and how it would affect a new player's ability to get teams.
    Best possible symbiants atainable with all know twinking gear and full set of max QL CC/CSS and best weapons... ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

... snip ...

And the goal in this area is to complete the mission, not to survive for as long as possible. As this is a means of leveling, it will not be designed purely for elite players. Well, unless we end up making the hard core mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    So if I understand, this is a Single-Team instance, not a battle between multiple teams to see who does more damage? Also, not PvP?

Best of luck with all the mechanics working for you during development, testing etc.

Emma
    Yes, this is correct. The missions will be pure pvm/pve. No competition, one single team per instance. "The opposite side" will be redeeemed/unredeemed monsters. Neutrals will be able to chose which side they decide to help.
    Thank you for your reply ... I am one of those Neutrals.

I would also agree with other posts in that these new missions would be a good idea for leveling for Scheol, Adonis, and Pen. And I would hope that you hold to your intention that they "will not be designed purely for elite players".

Looking forward to seeing these on Test-Live.

Emma

I am really fed up with "monthly lies updates".

I have serious doubts that Genele (and FC) knows what they are doing and have ANY experience in managing projects !
    Look back at past 6 - 12 "monthly lies updates".
    Then answer the following questions:

How many of anounced changes has already been delivered ? (even stupid ones)
    How many of anounced changes has been postponed and why? (give new deadlines)
    How many of anounced changes has been abandoned and why? (hopefully the stupid ones)

UPDATE YOUR SCHEDULED PLANS AND INFORM COMMUNITY ABOUT IT ! (would be nice if you somehow managed to give specific dealines rather than "soon" ...)

We all know than AO has very limited resources and only few people are working on it (most of them probably part time).

Now to the final question:
    What is the point in making even more empty promisses and starting new projects and changes if you are unable to manage and complete majority (if not all) of already started/anounced?
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast