Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Offline

Right, well, barring some holo ads and some video screens that need to be completed my Clan/Neutral city is complete. During play I'll be adding in my Bazaar that I've already made so the buildings will be grouped differently but for the moment I wanted to showcase the new stuff.

lots more photos and WIP shots on my project page:
    http://www.matakishi.com/anarcarchyofflinebuild.htm

Oh, and Infectors too

Now that is an impressive body of work! I've been modeling for a long time and your output is amazing. Those leets are priceless. The Whom-Pah is great.

Looks like you have AMS. (Advanced Modeler Syndrome) That's when you see something, a plastic scrap, a lid, a rock, anything and everything and think: "H'mm, I bet that would make a great ..."
    Last edited by Literary; Aug 19th, 2014 at 15:44:29.

If FunCom would license this, you can just shut up and take my money ffs...
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Well, I don't think I can afford a license so the public version will probably not have any reference to Rubi-Ka in it, but we'll see, stranger things have happened

Here's a quick Omni-Tek outpost which just about brings the building part of the project to a conclusion (although I have some SL Xan buildings to make still). Obviously I'll be adding stuff as time goes on but for now the focus is going to be on getting the rules and equipment cards into a presentable format. I unveil the final game this October at a wargames event and have a good few people eager to try it out (thankfully).

More photos on the project page: http://www.matakishi.com/anarcarchyofflinebuild.htm
    Even more in my G+ album: https://plus.google.com/photos/10265...97295468772129

I've moved onto more general stuff now.

Video screens.

Here's a very quick video to show them working:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Eto4yXYj8

My night club, the green robot, incorporates a Bluetooth speaker so i can stream music and sound effects to the table top.

Video showing sound and lights:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4eq...Q6yJ66nNRE_Plw

This is my Unicorn Shuttle

Crashed ship for a mission objective (and sandworms)

I'm currrently making a pair of Bronto Burger stands, more to come.

matakishi, one word, stunning.

You don't know it, but you're in fact a visual librarian documenting AO so in the future when Skynet has destroyed the world and they find your art in a sealed basement in a post-apocalyptic future, they can recreate AO as it once was!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Fantastic stuff!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Can I come over to your house and we can play good guys vs bad guys?

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Can I come over to your house and we can play good guys vs bad guys?
    You have to be the bad guys, I only play Omni

We had our first try out of the rules yesterday before the big reveal at a show in two weeks.
    There were four of us which seems the optimum number of players and we played the assassination mission

The game lasted four turns with an eventual win to the good guys (Omni) when my Fixer took down the target. Both the Clan Crat and Soldier were killed by the Omni Enforcer in fairly spectacular ways.
    In no particular order, here are some pics from the game. There are many more in a gallery here:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10265...17823401130017

I made some very small adjustments to the rules (just the Soldier's starting nanos) after the game. Everyone said they had a good time. There was one other AO player present who said the game captured the feel of AO well and liked the ways the professions interacted (which was a relief) and two experienced tabletop gamers but AO novices who had no trouble picking up the nuances of their professions.

All-in-all, a good beginning.

As one of the players of Matakishi's game, I just wanted to chime and say how much fun it was and how faithful the game and the professions are to the feel and spirit of the game...especially in pvp!! I look forward to seeing my in-game shade (Quetzalcoatl) take to the field next time!!

Also...bureaucrats are awesome!!

This as absolutely fantastic!
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat

The internet has voted and the results have come in.

You're awesome.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Extremely awesome. Yup.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

This is all very awesome stuff! Well done
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

I've compiled the photos and added a short narrative of the game here:
    http://www.matakishi.com/anarchyofflinegames.htm

This was our second game which we played yesterday. It's designed to be my 'NPE' with an open table and few mobs to emphasise the need for teamwork.

My team lost because I was a rubbish Doctor
    Full write up with many photos here:
    http://www.matakishi.com/Anarchy%20O...eval%20019.jpg

I'm loving this. Don't suppose you're gunna do a ruleset write-up at some point? I'd love to see how it all works.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

The rules will be available before Christmas. They may need to be presented in a more 'generic' format to avoid mention of Funcom stuff in the background material but the rules themselves will be unchanged.

Did anyone else think "this would make a cool videogame" when reading the Data Retrieval mission? Imagine AO as a turn-based strategy game. I wish I had millions of dollars to buy the IP and develop it. Anyways, super great work and I hope to be able to play some version of this someday.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast