Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Hi everybody,
    Time for an update on all things Anarchy Online.

This month we patched live with several important bug and exploit fixes. We are aware that the Nano-Technician nuke still has an issue, but that has been fixed internally and the fix will be patched the next time we patch Testlive.

We have made more systems changes to the 18.7 update this month. There is now a nano crystal to upload to Martial Artist Zazen stance. The Zazen stance will not debuff the Martial Arts skill, but instead debuff the Crit Chance and Damage of Martial Artist while increasing the Heal Multiplier and reducing Nano Cost. Martial artists will be able to enter the Zazen Stance every 30seconds, however, cancelling the Zazen Stance will set the Martial Artist’s Nano to 1. The Lost Eden expansion will be a requirement to upload the Zazen Stance. All Martial artist heals will be updated to heal more if the Martial artist is in the Zazen stance. The Martial artist heals will no longer place the Martial Artist in an extended nano recharge.

Traders will no longer be able to skill drain themselves and their opponents will no longer be drained for more than the trader gets in return. The trader will on the other hand be able to enjoy a line cooldown instead of a long recharge when executing skill drains which will leave him open to cast other nano programs faster.

Following the system used in the other live games, we have begun to automate the seasonal events in the game. In the 18.7 branch, we have placed out all seasonal spawns in the game world and we will start testing on the closed beta in the upcoming weeks to ensure the automated system works as intended. The Closed Beta server was patched last week, and we in the process of inviting more people onto the server.

A Pumpkin on a Stick indicator will be spawned in areas where the Griefing Uncle-Pumpkin Heads can be found after this change, which will make it easier to find their spawns. A Ganking Uncle Pumpkin-Head with a slow spawn timer will appear in the SBC Site Alpha Romeo areas and will have a 100% chance to drop the oldschool phats we added to the Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads last year. We plan to have 18.7 out on the Live dimension before Halloween this year.

Speaking of which, we are aiming to patch Testlive with the huge 18.7 patch during the summer. I can't tell you the exact date yet, but we are very close to finishing everything and having it all go through testing.

Once we have determined an actual patch date, we will announce it.

Thanks for listening,
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi everybody,

We are aware that the Nano-Technician nuke still has an issue, but that has been fixed internally and the fix will be patched the next time we patch Testlive.

Thanks for listening,
    Joel
    Are you putting anything in place to stop the abuse of this mechanic in the meantime ?

Mark

!st page?
    Hello Nusquam, are the changes that you proposed in Feb 28 coming alive? I think no one likes the idea to lose the ability to be private on the toon gear.
    Last edited by lordcabro; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 17:16:49.
    Look at the Hat!

Last!

How long will those drain cooldowns be anyway?
    Last edited by Ekarona; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 17:06:23.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

"fix will be patched the next time we patch Testlive."

ETA next year to live?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Okay

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Great changes! Now fix the multiboxing and I will return.

Posting for posts sake.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Traders will no longer be able to skill drain themselves and their opponents will no longer be drained for more than the trader gets in return. The trader will on the other hand be able to enjoy a line cooldown instead of a long recharge when executing skill drains which will leave him open to cast other nano programs faster.
    Well, you can't solo on a Trader anymore, was nice while it lasted.

"Hey let's nerf Traders debuffing ability while leaving the already massive hole in their defences with no compromise!"

Well done. 10/10.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 19:37:49.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

The trader recharge change sounds nice. I'm playing my trader right now and was just thinking how annoying the drain recharge is at the start of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Well, you can't solo on a Trader anymore, was nice while it lasted.

"Hey let's nerf Traders debuffing ability while leaving the already massive hole in their defences with no compromise!"

Well done. 10/10.
    Raggy what am I missing?

Right now I just drained myself (divest/plunder) then used a health and nano recharger kit to remove it. That was some weird bug added in when those recharges got put into the mix.. we weren't able to do that before (pre-drain on ourselves). So isn't this just fixing a bug? Besides that, it sounded to me like he was saying that the 4s recharge we have when we cast divest/plunder drains on mobs will be a line cooldown and won't prevent us from then immediately start casting other nanos. This seems like a nice quality of life improvement. The piece about the opponent not being drained for more than we get sounds to me like we won't drain the opponent for 325 and get 275. We'll drain for 275 and get 275. I really don't see anything wrong with that, it technically makes sense.

You don't like it so I know you interpreted his statements differently. What did you take from his statements?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 19:38:11.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The trader recharge change sounds nice. I'm playing my trader right now and was just thinking how annoying the drain recharge is at the start of a fight.
    Despite the fact we now have lost a whopping 400 AAD because we don't gain the 150 AAO per drain and we also get 50 less weapon skills per drain.

Unless I am somehow mistaken and have read what has been written in this update completely wrong.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Last!

How long will those drain cooldowns be anyway?
    Lol, it doesn't matter for GMI hunting..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Despite the fact we now have lost a whopping 400 AAD because we don't gain the 150 AAO per drain and we also get 50 less weapon skills per drain.

Unless I am somehow mistaken and have read what has been written in this update completely wrong.
    I happen to be on my trader atm and I've been gone for awhile so please help me get to what you're saying.

This is our drain description: Lowers all attacking and nano skills of the target by 325 points, transferring 275 points back to the caster.

So with the change, I'm thinking that means that instead of the target getting -325 they'll get -275 which is the same value we already get. He didnt mention any change to the reduction in aao on the target or the -15 critincrease but I'm guessing you are assuming that is being wiped out?

Nusquam or any Dev.. can we get clarification on whether the AAO and CriticalIcrease values on the drains are being removed or not?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 17:31:52.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Raggy what am I missing?

Right now I just drained myself (divest/plunder) then used a health and nano recharger kit to remove it. That was some weird bug added in when those recharges got put into the mix.. we weren't able to do that before (pre-drain on ourselves). So isn't this just fixing a bug? Besides that, it sounded to me like he was saying that the 4s recharge we have when we cast divest/plunder drains on mobs will be a line cooldown and won't prevent us from then immediately start casting other nanos. This seems like a nice quality of life improvement. The piece about the opponent not being drained for more than we get sounds to me like we won't drain the opponent for 325 and get 275. We'll drain for 275 and get 275. I really don't see anything wrong with that, it technically makes sense.

You don't like it so I know you interpreted his statements differently. What did you take from his statements?
    We've always been able to pre-drain, the old Virus removal kits did the same job as the new nanokits. So that's already a huge minus.

(These things: https://aoitems.com/item/204139/)
    (I'm remembering incorrectly apparently)

And he said that we won't drain for anything other than the benefits we gain. So we lose theoretically:

-150AAO on target.
    -50 Weapon Skills per drain.

While you're right about QoL for cooldowns, the potential loss is frankly astounding considering our already lacklustre and sketchy defensive capabilities.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 17:44:48.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

We've always been able to pre-drain, the old Virus removal kits did the same job as the new nanokits. So that's already a huge minus.

I never used them but honestly it sorta seems like cheating to pre-drain on yourself. The whole concept is that you are stealing points from an opponent (mob or player) not doing some sort of magic trick with your own toon. I sitll think that's a valid move on FC's part.. but we can agree to disagree on that one.

And he said that we won't drain for anything other than the benefits we gain. So we lose theoretically:

-150AAO on target.
    -50 Weapon Skills per drain.
    I guess this is the part I'm not clear on. The target will be drained for 50 less.. yep, that part I got. But in regards to the change to AAO (and the CritIncrease -15, let's not forget that), I'm not sure that his statement meant what you're saying. You could be right, but I've read funcom communications enough to know that we probably are better asking for clarification on that point. Sometimes what they say and what they mean are 2 different things.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 18:05:19.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Lol, it doesn't matter for GMI hunting..
    Hey I do occasionally blitz some missions for chests when I fell bored!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    This is wrong on many levels..

The gain was always 275 .. no aao even.
    https://aoitems.com/item/275032/ - What we gain.
    https://aoitems.com/item/275030/ - What we drain.

Traders will no longer be able to skill drain themselves and their opponents will no longer be drained for more than the trader gets in return.
    We drain for -150 AAO, we do not GAIN the 150 AAO, thus with this change, we will lose 300 AAD, not counting the -50 from both drains to make it 400AAD. See?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Cushty, lalalalala

That GPH thing is cool, maybe like an up to date tara, but in a worse PF, and with more mayhem =)
    Last edited by Spead; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 11:46:09.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Lol, can't believe im reading this.

These things remove both positive and negative effect on anyone using them, while HaN recharges only remove the negative.

If you read the fine text on that item it will say:

Note: To avoid an exploit the Transfer from trader Nanos will also be removed. (This is the positive effect on the Trader.)

We drain for -150 AAO, we do not GAIN the 150 AAO, thus with this change, we will lose 300 AAD, not counting the -50 from both drains to make it 400AAD. See?
    Gotcha, you use the funny RK2 wording.
    Last edited by Metafizis; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 17:42:57.
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

is this all u can say ?

the second post this year and the 6the in last 12 month and 16 since start from ur side....

Last edited by Brampfine; Jun 4th, 2014 at 21:27:33.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast