Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Also graffiti should avertise em that they are train safe in totw ! *i did a toon just for traning there*

Also! there are lots of newbies that needs help around! Even if ppls do their best to discourage newbies in many ways! Just for an example i've been at 2 mountains with 2 newbies, for all the time a tl7 player sitted near us keep whining against the game, cause pvp isnt happening as it used to be months ago!.

I can't understand such conduct, instead of sitting and depressing newbies you should:

1) Start to be more usefull with newbies, that dosent means giving em creds or items, but helping them through quests, equipping, levelling and maybe giving them an org.

2) Stop to speculate like many of us are doing into GMI, price there are totally crazy.

You always point funcom as responsable of the game declining, and for a good part certainly they are, but there's also a big responability of the players community, Pvp havent been ruined by FC.
    Last edited by drakio; Jun 11th, 2014 at 20:23:56.
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post

Noob island leads you into the subway, SL starting area into Nasc garden keys.
    Tell me, where does the game point you at after that?
    I'd just like to point out that this is a very valid comment.

I remember back in 2006 how I was frustrated when I reached level 60 because I had absolutely no idea about where to go next. And if the player is not really social then they have no idea about the next step.

Same goes for foremans, I had no idea about cyborgs.

As for cyborgs, the only good alternative I know of are team missions. (Froob content anyway, but most players start out as froobs)

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    I remember back in 2006 how I was frustrated when I reached level 60 because I had absolutely no idea about where to go next.
    I did hackers, borgs, ely hecks, rk-team-missions, ado hecks, pen-missions, inf-hecks. DING!
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

First of all all the new "great " changes should some of them be killed ....why would u remove super nice old school player cities and give us theese s*** dumps of so called instanced cities that are crap.....why remove old titles ...when those old school pvp titles were like something that drove old school pvpers to stick to the game ...ego and such ...why would u let people explaoit and use 3rd party tools when u can simple ban 2-3 ppl 10 tops using that stuff and save other 40-50 subscriptions ...instead u keep those 10 sploiters but loose a lot more ....new engine ...ill belive it when ill see it goying live ...but hey ...look at it this way ...how do you guys want new players to come and play a game when the gmi is like super expensive ...and that begun with funcom removing the s10 bountys ...150 bs basicly was killed ....and the creds in the new begining platers shrunk to basicly nothing ...money flow ...there is no more money flow ...WE DO NOT HAVE A STRONG FROOB COMMUNITY THAT DOES RK MISHES ANYME....that translates less and less liquid curency ingame ...the credits that u guys want releced on the marcket never gonna be released as the accounts that host those credits are frozen...not payd or perma closed ...new gmi ...reall nerfed everything really now there is a speculation never seen before in ao ...new players have no chance what so ever to aquire decent eqippment at lower levels and let us be honest ...how can they ...when even s10 does not drop creds anymore ...and how can a stipped toon with ****ty ql 150-200 implants cause that is what he can afford and maybe get some predator armour kill s10 pocket bosses ...sure he tries spammin ooc or stuff ...but again ...lft is empty guys ...there are times and gmts where there are virtualy no players in oa or if there are 3 players they are afk ...so give us ur ideea of a change that will actualy give us something back ...we dont want ugly instanced cities ...we want old cities ...we want old pvp titles and pvp ...sure /duel can still exist but we want old school pvp ...give us a way to get creds at lower levels ...give the gmi a new boost ...prices goying high cause of speculation and inflation...no liquid cash anymore ...drop % is nerfed to a minimum ...there is basicly no reason what so ever other then pure nostalgy to even consider paying for this game

Quote Originally Posted by Anothergimp View Post
    First of all all the new "great " changes should some of them be killed ....why would u remove super nice old school player cities and give us theese s*** dumps of so called instanced cities that are crap.....why remove old titles ...when those old school pvp titles were like something that drove old school pvpers to stick to the game ...ego and such ...why would u let people explaoit and use 3rd party tools when u can simple ban 2-3 ppl 10 tops using that stuff and save other 40-50 subscriptions ...instead u keep those 10 sploiters but loose a lot more ....new engine ...ill belive it when ill see it goying live ...but hey ...look at it this way ...how do you guys want new players to come and play a game when the gmi is like super expensive ...and that begun with funcom removing the s10 bountys ...150 bs basicly was killed ....and the creds in the new begining platers shrunk to basicly nothing ...money flow ...there is no more money flow ...WE DO NOT HAVE A STRONG FROOB COMMUNITY THAT DOES RK MISHES ANYME....that translates less and less liquid curency ingame ...the credits that u guys want releced on the marcket never gonna be released as the accounts that host those credits are frozen...not payd or perma closed ...new gmi ...reall nerfed everything really now there is a speculation never seen before in ao ...new players have no chance what so ever to aquire decent eqippment at lower levels and let us be honest ...how can they ...when even s10 does not drop creds anymore ...and how can a stipped toon with ****ty ql 150-200 implants cause that is what he can afford and maybe get some predator armour kill s10 pocket bosses ...sure he tries spammin ooc or stuff ...but again ...lft is empty guys ...there are times and gmts where there are virtualy no players in oa or if there are 3 players they are afk ...so give us ur ideea of a change that will actualy give us something back ...we dont want ugly instanced cities ...we want old cities ...we want old pvp titles and pvp ...sure /duel can still exist but we want old school pvp ...give us a way to get creds at lower levels ...give the gmi a new boost ...prices goying high cause of speculation and inflation...no liquid cash anymore ...drop % is nerfed to a minimum ...there is basicly no reason what so ever other then pure nostalgy to even consider paying for this game
    You don't speak with the voice of the community when you ask for non-instanced cities to be returned. The reason cities were instanced is because players asked for it.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

part of the community ..maybe not the voice of the entire community but on behalf of some yes ...regular cityes not only were more interesting but allso offered a pvp/tower war strategic point to organize /win a tower war

I don't understand why people praise old titles so much, all they did is promote even more backyard hugging and Xv1 ganking.

The only people who are pro old titles are those who don't really remember what pvp was like back then and gimps who farmed them in backyards off their orgmates in order to compensate for never being good enough to get them legit in the first place.

Old titles would make sense in open pvp, not in areas where anyone can bail to a safe spot in less than a second after attacking someone Xv1 where the attackee had no chance to fight back because the attackers weren't open to attack to begin with. It's a severely flawed pvp mechanic that always favors the attacker, if they're smart.

Regarding old cities, I don't get what was so beautiful. Whompas were a commodity people miss, as for the rest everything is pretty much the same. Actually getting people from outside the city's owner org in became a lot more practical (no more asking for fgrid or flying forever).

Just as a general observation, there was large popular support for removing the old title system because of its inherent flaws.

This is the reaction to the changes:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=519013
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I don't understand why people praise old titles so much,
    At their worst, they were still better then todays kill counter.
    That and it makes PvP a thrill.

Inb4 Negative nancy fixer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

"They were better", very constructive and well thought up reply! Kill counters are pointless however old titles didn't make pvp a thrill, like I wrote before they just promoted unsportsmanlike behavior. There's no thrill in that. You would know if you had actually experienced it instead of just reading about it on the forums.

Old titles made pvp as thrilling as brazil's victory last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    "They were better", very constructive and well thought up reply! Kill counters are pointless however old titles didn't make pvp a thrill, like I wrote before they just promoted unsportsmanlike behavior. There's no thrill in that. You would know if you had actually experienced it instead of just reading about it on the forums.

Old titles made pvp as thrilling as brazil's victory last night.

And then ofc you would remember defarming titles so you didn't get Xvs1

Couple things I noticed while reading this thread and again when reading the last couple updates to refresh my memory on some issues.
    The biggest one would be WHY do people spend so much time arguing and re-arguing why this or that change (the trader drain changes in this thread for example) coming in 18.7 will be awful/great/make me rage-quit or whatever? This patch will entail MANY changes to MANY classes, and unless you are in the beta you have NO idea what the full details of those changes will be. We have no idea how other changes they possibly haven't even announced yet will affect those changes and how it will all balance out. None of the updates gave anywhere NEAR enough facts to form any kind of picture from. Getting angry when you cant possibly have enough info to know if you should BE angry just seems...well...silly.
    The truth is, it is not your game. It is not my game. It is Funcom's game. You don't have to like every change they make and undoubtedly wont. Some will be good. Some will suck (tho funcom does tend toward the latter at times), That is MMO reality and has been since they were first made. No change they make will drive me away even after 11 years. There is simply no other game like it out there. I know, Ive played almost all of them. So lighten up and enjoy this unique and special game while you still can and stop worrying about changes that haven't even been playtested yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dethshade2 View Post
    Couple things I noticed while reading this thread and again when reading the last couple updates to refresh my memory on some issues.
    The biggest one would be WHY do people spend so much time arguing and re-arguing why this or that change (the trader drain changes in this thread for example) coming in 18.7 will be awful/great/make me rage-quit or whatever? This patch will entail MANY changes to MANY classes, and unless you are in the beta you have NO idea what the full details of those changes will be. We have no idea how other changes they possibly haven't even announced yet will affect those changes and how it will all balance out. None of the updates gave anywhere NEAR enough facts to form any kind of picture from. Getting angry when you cant possibly have enough info to know if you should BE angry just seems...well...silly.
    The truth is, it is not your game. It is not my game. It is Funcom's game. You don't have to like every change they make and undoubtedly wont. Some will be good. Some will suck (tho funcom does tend toward the latter at times), That is MMO reality and has been since they were first made. No change they make will drive me away even after 11 years. There is simply no other game like it out there. I know, Ive played almost all of them. So lighten up and enjoy this unique and special game while you still can and stop worrying about changes that haven't even been playtested yet.
    Simple: They're not paying to play this game, they're paying for the privilege to rant about it on the forums. Either that, or there's not enough drama in the world already. Maybe both.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

LOL good point. Maybe FC needs to put an item in the itemshop to allow just that. *Mongo's Rant: Allows one angry post on the forums...not usable by nanomages as no one listens to them anyway...*

Would sell for sure

I take it you never played SWG and went thru CU, NGE, or C6CD. Developers can make 1 too many changes.
    "INVICTUS"

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

I did indeed play SWG and went thru the pain. I did say some changes would suck did I not? I didn't get angry over them though

*edit*Changing one game system into what was basically a completely different game system mid-run turned out to be a very very bad decision for SWG. I simply continued my search for the next AO (which of course doesn't exist) and landed back here eventually lol
    Last edited by dethshade2; Jun 16th, 2014 at 15:59:04.

I did indeed play SWG and went thru the pain. I did say some changes would suck did I not? I didn't get angry over them though

*edit*Changing one game system into what was basically a completely different game system mid-run turned out to be a very very bad decision for SWG. I simply continued my search for the next AO (which of course doesn't exist) and landed back here eventually lol
    Changing gaming systems, I would imagine your talking here about the NGE. And your right, it was a very large mistake.

However, CU (what SOE called the Combat Upgrade) and C6CD (SOE called it Chapter 6, I called it Chapter 6 Combat Downgrade) were straight combat/specials/items/tanking abilities revamps and both of these as well cost close to the aprox. same percentages of Playerbase as the NGE, 70%. Altho the CU was coming back a bit the players thought but Rubenfield said in his blog that 10,000 people per/mo were de-subbing and that is what caused the NGE.

Seen this happen in the F2P Changes over at STO as well. They changed combat, Nerfed ev1 to high heaven, and lost sub numbers accordingly.

There is a risk.
    "INVICTUS"

Absolutely! And I wasn't suggesting that giving a heated opinion (while something I myself wouldn't do as a believer that if I am stressing over my De-stress activity I am doing it wrong) is not appropriate occasionally. I was simply pointing out that getting worked up over a proposed change when you don't know how it will fit in with other changes and don't even have full details of how the change will actually be implemented is kinda pointless.
    For instance, the change regarding trader drains not giving more skills/ar/whatever than they drain for anymore is a good example. Taken in context of how drains work on live atm and how other skills interact with them and how mobs work it seems like a big nerf. And it may end up being so. However, what if the actual change were that you simply gained what current drains take from the mob? Or if he was only referring to the skills themselves and not the other parts of the drain? What if they plan to tone down mob AR a bit as part of the changes to make it new player friendly? How will deflect and other changes factor in to a trader's defensive skill set? How will all this interact with changes in other classes tool-set? How will deflect and other changes affect mob behavior and difficulty?
    Without all that information, which we wont have till the changes actually hit test and we can see them in action, how can we even determine if traders have BEEN nerfed rather than simply altered? And with FC track record how do we even know any of this will ever SEE test? Thus my point of how being upset at any announcements at this point seems silly?

2 ways to look at negative posts. One is the useless rant you discuss above and the next is passion about the game from it's playerbase. Teesquared and I (after he got Producer status on SWG) had that discussion a couple of times. Remember all the Wall of Text rants on CU, NGE, and C6CD? Think of what would of happened if SOE actually paid attention to them. T2 did, and "changed" his development plans several times during his tenure but then, he had the other 3 "changes" to learn from in the past. At closure, SOE said that SWG was actually growing in sub numbers but they had no idea why. T2 however did.

Your right again, Funcom can do what they want with 'their" game. However, if they keep telling the base that "it's their game" and "not yours", people tend to believe that, de-sub, and move on. After that happens and the AAA dev servers go the way of the dinosaur all you have left is half finished EMU servers and a notion of might have been on both parts, devs and players.

Maybe Funcom ought to be glad they have people passionate enough to make "Wall of Text rants" and even.... gasp.... listen to them a bit. But again, 2 ways of looking at the same thing, I guess.
    Last edited by Esquire; Jun 17th, 2014 at 03:15:00.
    "INVICTUS"

(The Martial artist heals will no longer place the Martial Artist in an extended nano recharge)

Would the above statement mean that even if the MA is NOT in Zazen stance, our healing recharge time with be lowered?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast