Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Lol, can't believe im reading this.

These things remove both positive and negative effect on anyone using them, while HaN recharges only remove the negative.

If you read the fine text on that item it will say:

Note: To avoid an exploit the Transfer from trader Nanos will also be removed. (This is the positive effect on the Trader.)
    Oh, so it does, maybe I'm just remembering it wrong then. I've been pre-draining for years, must have been using something else.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Oh, so it does, maybe I'm just remembering it wrong then. I've been pre-draining for years, must have been using something else.
    Do tell !
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Posting for posts sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalz View Post
    Quoting for Quotes sake.
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Time for an update on all things Anarchy Online.

We are aware that the Nano-Technician nuke still has an issue, but that has been fixed internally and the fix will be patched the next time we patch Testlive.

OK - so:

When will this be fixed (your sentence is too vague)?
    Will it be fixed with a patch prior to the next routine schedule (again, timeline please)?
    What will you do in the interim?
    Since the GD has stated in writing this is not an exploit use of a game bug - does that mean it goes unchecked until the next patch? Will there be another statement by the leadership at AO?

I think we should get a direct answer about this issue.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Traders will no longer be able to skill drain themselves and their opponents will no longer be drained for more than the trader gets in return. The trader will on the other hand be able to enjoy a line cooldown instead of a long recharge when executing skill drains which will leave him open to cast other nano programs faster.
    Will that include the change of 15s debuff time on target, and 10m buff time on Trader ?

A Ganking Uncle Pumpkin-Head with a slow spawn timer will appear in the SBC Site Alpha Romeo areas and will have a 100% chance to drop the oldschool phats we added to the Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads last year. We plan to have 18.7 out on the Live dimension before Halloween this year.
    I forsee much ganking, griefing, and tears.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Speaking of which, we are aiming to patch Testlive with the huge 18.7 patch during the summer. I can't tell you the exact date yet, but we are very close to finishing everything and having it all go through testing.

Once we have determined an actual patch date, we will announce it.
    Man I hope one day a FC employee writes a tell-all memoir about the new engine. Would probably have to be an ex-employee, maybe a disgruntled one, and maybe on their deathbed. To be clear I'm not mad that it's taking so long, I would just love some juicy details about all those missed predictions.

I read somewhere that the secret to writing a great book was to make the reader say "HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY GET WORSE?" over and over until there is finally some resolution at the last minute. It seems like the drama of the new engine could easily fit that mold.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    OK - so:

When will this be fixed (your sentence is too vague)?
    Worst case scenario, therefore *realistic* :

Speaking of which, we are aiming to patch Testlive with the huge 18.7 patch during the summer.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Hi everybody,
    Time for an update on all things Anarchy Online.

We have made more systems changes to the 18.7 update this month. There is now a nano crystal to upload to Martial Artist Zazen stance. The Zazen stance will not debuff the Martial Arts skill, but instead debuff the Crit Chance and Damage of Martial Artist while increasing the Heal Multiplier and reducing Nano Cost. Martial artists will be able to enter the Zazen Stance every 30seconds, however, cancelling the Zazen Stance will set the Martial Artist’s Nano to 1.
    Hmm this sounds like a brand new nano made for MA's.

Customary question would be where is the brand new nano for MP Herk pet? Is that still going to happen? I mean it's sort of been on the back burner for a while now.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Has Genele been fired finaly ?
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Has Genele been fired finaly ?
    They are alternating writing updates... So no no one who plays the game actively isn't hired yet.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

What is actually included in 18.7? Is that just the NPE/minor balance changes? Or does that include engine as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    What is actually included in 18.7? Is that just the NPE/minor balance changes? Or does that include engine as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    As mentioned previously, the 18.7 branch is getting really close to a Testlive state and when patched to Testlive, everyone will get to see the new ICC HQ, the new player experience, the shop changes and various systems changes that have been made in this branch. As a reminder, the new engine client will remain accessible exclusively to the participants in the closed beta, even though we patch out 18.7 to the Live dimension.

- Genele
    Think that'll give you the answer

TL;DR version:

"We're working on it, no ETA".

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    TL;DR version:

"We're working on it, no ETA".
    qft, sadly. so nt dd fix will hit test sometime in the summer maybe. yay. that means hit live maybe 2016? or 17? until then, we'll just reduce tl7 nw to planting cts. how about we reduce the monthly cost of ao by 1/6th until then? it's only fair. i pay for ao, nw, sl, ai, lox and xan. since nw is practically unusable, i shouldn't be required to pay for it.

but its nice to see that fc even classifies it as an issue. by fc standards, that is, what, a once in a century sorta thing? I mean, not one official word on that its an exploit and will be penalized means that it's legal to do as long as its possible, right? because in that case i will dedust my nt and go forth and try my very best to demotivate as many players as i can from playing this game until the fix hits live sometime in the future. with a little bit of good fortune the fix won't even be necessary then.

also, what is the "huge" 18.7 patch about? still all that crap you posted in the beloved February update? oh you clever people at fc, you know if you just wait long enough, we won't even remember all those insults any more! or will we remember when they hit live? who knows!
    Last edited by Xootch; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 23:12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    also, what is the "huge" 18.7 patch about? still all that crap you posted in the beloved February update? oh you clever people at fc, you know if you just wait long enough, we won't even remember all those insults any more! or will we remember when they hit live? who knows!
    Yes, I expect it to be that crappy February update.
    Gotta keep pissing people off, because that's good for business!

funcom nv (FUNCOM:Oslo)
    Operating Profit/Net Income (annual)

2007: -6.73M
    2008: -26.71M
    2009: -10.8M
    2010: -0.6M
    2011: -16.3M
    2012: -62.2M
    2013: -4.5M

Losses for the last 7 years, hopeless...
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Nice job on getting Zazen done... but why wasn't it tested on beta first?

But Grandpa, by those figures you posted last year was their 2nd best in those 7 because they only lost 4.5 milz!

Wow some MA love? Will I actually be motivated to play the toon I rolled back in 2001 that has languished in the pit of FC Profession Hatred since the great LE MA Nerf of wayback days gone by?

And to the MP poster. I do feel your pain as I also have FCs most hated prof. It wasn't till I leveled an engy and a crat, the other "pet" classes, that I saw how utterly lol the MP prof is for anyone new to AO. Or just anyone in General <3

But look at the MA prof and how FC has treated us over the last 6 years. For example for the biggest LULZ you could ever have as an AO player ...

Go and compare the DB quest nanos of all the other profs and make sure to save MA set of DB nanos till last. Then when ready to lyfao read the set of "uber" MA nanos we get from DB quest compared to other profs who get literally profession changing nanos.

MA got FC lulz.

So it's nice to get a bone thrown our way, and more healing has long been an MA need. Hopefully FC will not pick some ridiculous value that completely nerfs MA DD and Crit tho and strikes a nice balance like a good MA should
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

what are you talking about? ma is fine. l2p.

Once we have determined an actual patch date, we will announce it.

Thanks for listening,
    Joel
    I'm sorry. Did you actually say something? More waiting?
    That's nothing new.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

This trader nerf is simply not appropriate for 220 traders.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast