Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Xootch, NW is free now, they changed that years ago...
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Peltiperse View Post
    Great changes! Now fix the multiboxing and I will return.
    Why fix multiboxing? These Guys Keep AO alive... AO is with these guys in the profit area - without them they make a deficit... and ao will die.

Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014
    I'm sad that i can't read how was your vacation :/ You drink some Caipirinha? *irony off*
    Is that all, what you can tell us and where is Genele (fired?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Yes, I expect it to be that crappy February update.
    Gotta keep pissing people off, because that's good for business!

funcom nv (FUNCOM:Oslo)
    Operating Profit/Net Income (annual)

2007: -6.73M
    2008: -26.71M
    2009: -10.8M
    2010: -0.6M
    2011: -16.3M
    2012: -62.2M
    2013: -4.5M

Losses for the last 7 years, hopeless...
    It's a wonder that Funcom exist...
    Last edited by Alves; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 08:46:48.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

[QUOTE=Alves;6181947]Why fix multiboxing? These Guys Keep AO alive... AO is with these guys in the profit area - without them they make a deficit... and ao will die.

look up the differense betvine mulitlogging and multiboxing before u ask stupid questions.

that goes for many players that dont have a clue about this problem.

Well, I'll give positive points for publicly recognizing the nt bug. That's already a huge step.

I still believe you should declare that nt (I'm a nt) "bug" a sploit and have regexp scripts running on the logs to spot people regularly landing huge dmg. Ofc, don't advertise the max dmg you'll use and since it was declared not a sploit, no retroactive banning should occur.

Good news on that 18.7 being in the pipe. Zazen stance thingy and the rest looks to be good changes too.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

I have a question, whats the status on getting AO onto steam?

I remember that you guys had some of the coders working on getting it integrated with the steam overlay and all, is this finished, and your just waiting for 18.7 to push it to steam? Or is steam now a no go?

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    I have a question, whats the status on getting AO onto steam?

I remember that you guys had some of the coders working on getting it integrated with the steam overlay and all, is this finished, and your just waiting for 18.7 to push it to steam? Or is steam now a no go?
    New engine... So it's quite a while till that point.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    funcom nv (FUNCOM:Oslo)
    Operating Profit/Net Income (annual)

2007: -6.73M
    2008: -26.71M
    2009: -10.8M
    2010: -0.6M
    2011: -16.3M
    2012: -62.2M
    2013: -4.5M

Losses for the last 7 years, hopeless...
    Before or after tax? Because they get (or at least used to get) funding from the Norwegian government for being an innovative norwegian game developer.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Traders will no longer be able to skill drain themselves and their opponents will no longer be drained for more than the trader gets in return.
    Oh my. I mean... oh myyyyy! It took 10 years to fix that sh** and I am glad you did that. I fighted so many traders so many times and tweaked my chars (for example my 200 sol with 2,450 AR) and always laughted mad I can get drained to 300 AR or even less.

And - it means they can no longer pre-drain in decon/pre duel??? That would be awesome. My 150 enf is invencible now vs traders
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Oh my. I mean... oh myyyyy! It took 10 years to fix that sh** and I am glad you did that. I fighted so many traders so many times and tweaked my chars (for example my 200 sol with 2,450 AR) and always laughted mad I can get drained to 300 AR or even less.

And - it means they can no longer pre-drain in decon/pre duel??? That would be awesome. My 150 enf is invencible now vs traders
    Yeah its great now that the class has been utterly butchered. Looks like Traders are now the only class in the game that cannot solo any endgame dynas and such. All because of a few pvp gimps who don't know what NR is.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

so u wont admit nerfing triple bs cuz of a couple exploiters nobody gives 2 s.hts about was a big huge mistake and reverse it?

ok then. way to kill your community guys..
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

So the trader drain change means that traders will have less weapon skills to twink with? Meaning what could be done in the past, could possibly me non do-able after this patch?
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yeah its great now that the class has been utterly butchered. Looks like Traders are now the only class in the game that cannot solo any endgame dynas and such. All because of a few pvp gimps who don't know what NR is.
    Scary spider isn't endgame ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Themanwhonukes View Post
    So the trader drain change means that traders will have less weapon skills to twink with? Meaning what could be done in the past, could possibly me non do-able after this patch?
    Looks like all drain gains are same, only debuff values are lowered, now every pistolero, soldier and shade will still perk you with a single drain, but it looks like you will be able to chain drain + some other nano, depending on how much they reduce the 4/5s recharge on divest/plunder.

Seems they wanting to make traders less overpowered at lower levels, but this change wont help much to that.. will nerf tl7 some.. if the aao drain will be taken out, then it will nerf tl7 whole lot..
    Last edited by Metafizis; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 11:23:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Before or after tax? Because they get (or at least used to get) funding from the Norwegian government for being an innovative norwegian game developer.
    I believe it's before tax.

Here's some sites with 'em:
    http://investing.businessweek.com/re...cker=FUNCOM:NO
    http://www.4-traders.com/FUNCOM-NV-1413152/financials/

It's a wonder they're still going as well, unless we see the numbers given by the Norwegian government.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 14:33:44.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Failure. FC isn't even trying anymore. Another month of abysmal news and full of apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Time for an update on all things Anarchy Online.

Traders will no longer be able to skill drain themselves and their opponents will no longer be drained for more than the trader gets in return. The trader will on the other hand be able to enjoy a line cooldown instead of a long recharge when executing skill drains which will leave him open to cast other nano programs faster.

Thanks for listening,
    Joel
    Well, you can't solo on a Trader anymore, was nice while it lasted.

"Hey let's nerf Traders debuffing ability while leaving the already massive hole in their defences with no compromise!"

Well done. 10/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The trader recharge change sounds nice. I'm playing my trader right now and was just thinking how annoying the drain recharge is at the start of a fight.

Raggy what am I missing?

Right now I just drained myself (divest/plunder) then used a health and nano recharger kit to remove it. That was some weird bug added in when those recharges got put into the mix.. we weren't able to do that before (pre-drain on ourselves). So isn't this just fixing a bug? Besides that, it sounded to me like he was saying that the 4s recharge we have when we cast divest/plunder drains on mobs will be a line cooldown and won't prevent us from then immediately start casting other nanos. This seems like a nice quality of life improvement. The piece about the opponent not being drained for more than we get sounds to me like we won't drain the opponent for 325 and get 275. We'll drain for 275 and get 275. I really don't see anything wrong with that, it technically makes sense.

You don't like it so I know you interpreted his statements differently. What did you take from his statements?
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I happen to be on my trader atm and I've been gone for awhile so please help me get to what you're saying.

This is our drain description: Lowers all attacking and nano skills of the target by 325 points, transferring 275 points back to the caster.

So with the change, I'm thinking that means that instead of the target getting -325 they'll get -275 which is the same value we already get. He didnt mention any change to the reduction in aao on the target or the -15 critincrease but I'm guessing you are assuming that is being wiped out?

Nusquam or any Dev.. can we get clarification on whether the AAO and CriticalIcrease values on the drains are being removed or not?
    Yes, and while you are at it please let us know if the duration of the debuff. chance to land it on the first try, etc. has had any adjustments.

Or, are the changes to Trader drains noted in the monthly update the Only changes?

Emma

p.s. Is this new MA nano on Beta or Test Live yet?

you are *&^^%#$%^ and you know this.

My 150 Enf has 2570/2900 NR selfed w/o NR perks (which means I also have 17900hp and 12k AC + absorbs ect. but Any trader will own me if he predrains himself in PVP/BS situation.

My 200 eng has 1700 NR + defs and I am drainable as **** for any trader same lvl.

My 200 sold has NONE NR because, oh wait...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    you are *&^^%#$%^ and you know this.

My 150 Enf has 2570/2900 NR selfed w/o NR perks (which means I also have 17900hp and 12k AC + absorbs ect. but Any trader will own me if he predrains himself in PVP/BS situation.

My 200 eng has 1700 NR + defs and I am drainable as **** for any trader same lvl.

My 200 sold has NONE NR because, oh wait...
    So you're telling me, that your Enfo, is fighting against traders with 2313/2610 PM/SI at 150? Our first drain is a 90% check, the other is a 130% check.

Stop talking out of your ass.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 17:07:33.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I have been noticing a growing trend in these monthly updates in which the devs interact with the community. As of late, probably around the time Genele took over, the update would be posted and that would be it. No follow up questions being answered, no clarification on vague updates/statements.

Whether there is a new rule instated/general feeling of the devs to interact less with the community due to previous devs saying things and never delivering or them just being trolled to death by their reply is anyone's guess.

You can also say "devs dont read the forums" which I think is untrue, but I do understand how one might feel that they dont. Some people ask really good legitimate questions that I wish were answered, but they fall by the wayside and when the patch comes and then the player is left standing there going "WTF why didn't they listen to me!"

I would also like to say that for the most part, nothing crazy new and exciting will be coming out for the next 1-2 years. I feel as far as live goes, live will get various updates, bug fixes, exploits, maybe a change to a thing or two while the engine and balance are still under development. Not until NPE, balance, engine and Steam release are done will we see anything "new" being developed that will make people want to play again.

So you're telling me, that your Enfo, is fighting against traders with 2313/2610 PM/SI at 150? Our first drain is a 90% check, the other is a 130% check.

Stop talking out of your ass.
    That's not how nano land rates work, and we both know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    That's not how nano land rates work, and we both know it.
    I find it extremely hard to believe that any Trader at 150 is landing anything on an Enf with 2.5-2.9k NR.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast