Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    So you're telling me, that your Enfo, is fighting against traders with 2313/2610 PM/SI at 150? Our first drain is a 90% check, the other is a 130% check.

Stop talking out of your ass.
    ..its 150%, the plunder..

Dont mind Pomidor, he doesn't acknowledge the fact that endgame traders run 2.3k-2.5k AR if not drained up.. lol even docs evade that ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcabro View Post
    !st page?
    Hello Nusquam, are the changes that you proposed in Feb 28 coming alive? I think no one likes the idea to lose the ability to be private on the toon gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I have been noticing a growing trend in these monthly updates in which the devs interact with the community. As of late, probably around the time Genele took over, the update would be posted and that would be it. No follow up questions being answered, no clarification on vague updates/statements.

Whether there is a new rule instated/general feeling of the devs to interact less with the community due to previous devs saying things and never delivering or them just being trolled to death by their reply is anyone's guess.

You can also say "devs dont read the forums" which I think is untrue, but I do understand how one might feel that they dont. Some people ask really good legitimate questions that I wish were answered, but they fall by the wayside and when the patch comes and then the player is left standing there going "WTF why didn't they listen to me!"

I would also like to say that for the most part, nothing crazy new and exciting will be coming out for the next 1-2 years. I feel as far as live goes, live will get various updates, bug fixes, exploits, maybe a change to a thing or two while the engine and balance are still under development. Not until NPE, balance, engine and Steam release are done will we see anything "new" being developed that will make people want to play again.
    Yes, so what happened with the "required" open inspection? Did anyone listen, has the requirement been reversed? Clearly the community does not want open inspections?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Yes, so what happened with the "required" open inspection? Did anyone listen, has the requirement been reversed? Clearly the community does not want open inspections?

Emma
    What do you mean by 'clearly the community does not want open inspections'? I want it... and I'm part of the community. In the same thread where people listed having a problem with open inspect, many others stated they wanted it or had no interest one way or the other.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    What do you mean by 'clearly the community does not want open inspections'? I want it... and I'm part of the community. In the same thread where people listed having a problem with open inspect, many others stated they wanted it or had no interest one way or the other.
    Excuse me ...

As I recall there were many more people posting that they had a problem with it than those that posted they thought it was a good idea. I don't count posts of indifference. And no, I did not go thru with my ledger and actually score each post ... just my impression from reading thru those pages of posts that I did take the time to read.

In any case, my question was to the Dev's ... what is the status, did you listen?

Emma

Excuse me ...

As I recall there were many more people posting that they had a problem with it than those that posted they thought it was a good idea. I don't count posts of indifference. And no, I did not go thru with my ledger and actually score each post ... just my impression from reading thru those pages of posts that I did take the time to read.

In any case, my question was to the Dev's ... what is the status, did you listen?

Emma
    Did you account for the well-known fact that people usually don't bother reporting back unless they're unsatisfied with something? Of course we're going to see a lot more complaints about a change than support messages. This would be the case if they announced they were to reverse the aforementioned change as well.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Did you account for the well-known fact that people usually don't bother reporting back unless they're unsatisfied with something? Of course we're going to see a lot more complaints about a change than support messages. This would be the case if they announced they were to reverse the aforementioned change as well.
    The real question is; did YOU account for the well-known fact that most people playing the game don't even use the forums ? Most people I have talked to ingame are negative to the idea of inspect being opened up.

Traderjill may be part of the community, but she is not the only representative of the community. And I will not have her speak on my behalf.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Editing my post because I am annoyed enough with Funcom.. not going to argue with players.

Emma- Was just pointing out that the entire community or not even the majority are up in arms about the change. Hope you get an answer.

Jihanna- Please reread my post. I, in no way, stated I represented the community.. I simply said I was a member of it.

If anyone has any concerns, let me know.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 19:11:21.
    You can find me at:

I cant say i've heard that much objection to open inspect from the folks I know...Certainly not enough to make anyone lose their mind over it at least.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The Closed Beta server was patched last week, and we in the process of inviting more people onto the server.

Joel
    Hmm ok, Dont you think this boat has sailed. Your selection for the current population on beta upset alot of people that had missed out due to your selection process. Some of these I know to have left, considering how empty the servers are im betting that the people I know to have left for that reason are not the only people who left for that reason. (Just to note the beta selection process or not being in the beta didnt bother me at all.) Combined with people leaving over pricing and price inequality across payment methods and with mb and the state of the market and what ever other reasons people have left for...

The servers are so dead, (This does bother me alot) It wouldnt suprise me if the server is as populated as it was pre merge which would be kinda bad considering it's 2 servers population in one. It seems to be getting more and more empty as each month progresses. Im actually scared there wont be anyone left to play the proper server during testing and upon release. How empty are you trying to make the servers? Can you give a current number of people actively on the beta? Im hoping everyone is secretly on the beta and will be back once beta testing finishes but something tells me thats probably not the case. I know the testing has to be done but either stop making changes you know is going to turn people away or dont **** the current playerbase for testers. (Personally I'd prefer the first option)

Emma
    I too was under the impression most were against the change from both what I read in the forums and from people Ive spoken to about it although over the months since, there has been a number of other things that people disliked. It seems there has been plenty of other stuff to take the focus off open inspect as people seem to have been riled for a few reasons.

Not saying that open inspect was the worst thing for everybody but it definately seemed a majority were against compared with for.

I still think this is just catering to specific players requests so it can be used as a tool for discrimination based on gear.

Jihnna(<- fixed it for ya)- Please reread my post. I, in no way, stated I represented the community.. I simply said I was a member of it.
    By promoting the side which is all for the inspect-function to be opened up, you automagically place yourself in a position where you portray yourself as being a representative of the community.

My point about most players not caring about these forums still stands though.

On the topic of inspect becoming open or not, I've come to the point where I don't care personally. Most players I have talked to ingame do not want it, there have also been a few that DOES want it. Of course... the people I have interacted with are only a fragment of the games population, so there is no way I or anyone else knows what the real majority of the players want. In the end it doesn't matter, FC makes any and every decision. We'll just have to live with whatever they decide.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    By promoting the side which is all for the inspect-function to be opened up, you automagically place yourself in a position where you portray yourself as being a representative of the community.
    That's the worst strawman I've ever heard. Your forum PvP is weak. Try at least sticking to what the other person actually said, and not making stuff up to fit your agenda.

What? My concern was regarding you saying you won't have me speaking on your behalf AS IF I was trying to speak on anyone's behalf besides myself.

Do I need to put a disclaimer after every post stating that my opinion is my own? I though that was common sense.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Before or after tax? Because they get (or at least used to get) funding from the Norwegian government for being an innovative norwegian game developer.
    True, Norway is swimming in cash, and FunCom has resubmitted and corrected several annual reports over the years. I got these numbers directly from the official annual reports listed on various stock trading sites. Today I found some older data on Morningstar.com and it looks like FunCom has actually not made a net profit since 2004.

Either way, I trust Okokrim has checked the numbers for accuracy.

With no profits in at least 7 years and a market share of less than 2% (couldn't find an actual number for this, because every list stopped at 2% without Funcom being on it) they really, really, really cannot afford upsetting any more customers.
    Yet with every update they piss off a few more.

Now Jill, be honest here!
    Even you didn't want mandatory inspect for the reason FunCom is going to implemented it.
    I clearly remember you just wanted to be nosey, not "catch cheaters" for FunCom.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Give me a tree time ticking daily xp reward for BS daily please.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

So many negative changes that even usual FC supporters have gone quiet. The first elections on content were a step forward, though it was shadowed by so many disliked proposed changes. Now Devs have gone quiet, not surprising since so many people have gone personal on them.
    Personally I think is time to change that attitude, do share ur dislikes. But do so respecting other people, keep in mind that Devs ultimately want the Game to thrive, and though is our duty to make them know what we don’t like or what we like, but let’s do it in a civilized way.
    I still strongly dislike the idea of an open inspection to anyone. At 220 not many choices of gear are available, but when making lower toons u may want to experiment with many choices of gears, choosing what fits more to your play style. Sometimes that takes lots of time and experimentation, is not fair just to make it easy for anyone to copy it.
    Look at the Hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Now Jill, be honest here!
    Even you didn't want mandatory inspect for the reason FunCom is going to implemented it.
    I clearly remember you just wanted to be nosey, not "catch cheaters" for FunCom.
    At no point have I been dishonest regarding my feelings on open inspect. What I see is an opportunity for me (a player of the game) to utilize something they were implementing to my own advantage. Their rationale for implementing it neither helps nor harms me.. but what they are implementing will have, I think, a positive effect on my teaming experience. I am therefore in support of the change. In fact, if you can recall, I even asked if they could further expand on their plans by making remote inspect possible via the LFT interface.

Yep, there are people against it. I'm not one of them. I'll let those against it speak for themselves as I do.
    You can find me at:

The real question is; did YOU account for the well-known fact that most people playing the game don't even use the forums ? Most people I have talked to ingame are negative to the idea of inspect being opened up.

Traderjill may be part of the community, but she is not the only representative of the community. And I will not have her speak on my behalf.
    I don't see any reason that there would be a correlation between the people who do or don't visit the forums on a regular basis, and those who chose to voice their opinions on the matter. However, if a player was going to seek out the forums, I find it more likely they'd do so because they want to complain, than to post something like "I totally agree with the latest changes".
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 20:48:05.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

At no point have I been dishonest regarding my feelings on open inspect. <snip>
    Yes, I know - you took me way too serious here.
    We went through that lengthy discussion, no need to regurgitate the whole thing.
    Point was, you want it for YOUR reasons, not FunCom's:

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    - We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.
    On a different note:
    If FunCom had any interest whatsoever in catching cheaters, they would go after the banks full of AI armor, token and breed change packages, the gold spammers and their suppliers, and the trillions of credits stored on armies of froobs.

But they don't.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

/INSPECT FORUMN
    /POST

next patche..you can /inspect peoples bank & inventory! ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    /INSPECT FORUMN
    /POST

next patche..you can /inspect peoples bank & inventory! ^_=
    Hot bars, when is hot bars inspection patch planned!?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast