Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    No they are not
    Yes they are.

I don't see any classes here that removes your "weapon".

Most Init debuffs doesn't really make any difference since people can use perks to alpha and special action.
    Lol. Blinds are -AAO, so anything with access to a blind or the Alchemist perk or any Opifex player. Know what else 'removes your weapon'? Fears and stuns, since you can't actually doing anything during them except stim. So I should add even more profs to that list.

But thanks for proving your lack of knowledge on the subject.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yes they are.

Lol. Blinds are -AAO, so anything with access to a blind or the Alchemist perk or any Opifex player. Know what else 'removes your weapon'? Fears and stuns, since you can't actually doing anything during them except stim. So I should add even more profs to that list.

But thanks for proving your lack of knowledge on the subject.
    Hehe you should write CC, when you refer to that type of skills. CC is not a debuff, its crowd control.

Opifex is a class okey, then i lack knowledge/logic thinking clearly. I wish you good luck with your illusion

Mongo Rage is overpowerd lets nurf Adventures = smart.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Jun 4th, 2014 at 19:36:33.

Mongo Rage is overpowerd lets nurf Adventures = smart.
    If mongo rage is OP, why nerf traders then ?

Not being able to predrain is the most silly thing, many professions have a decent opening attack, well trader had too, sort of, if you counted in IS buff, but now you cant even plunder yourself, and not like plunder likes to land with anyone with decent NR.. combine that with the line cooldown there will be even less traders around then there are now. We still dont know if these changes come with the 1min debuff 10 min buff changes because FC super cryptical as usual..

As for PvM Traderjill showed drains apparently arent necessary although I'm kind of sceptical on Alfreet Ellis, it hits hard..
    Last edited by Metafizis; Jun 4th, 2014 at 19:45:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    If mongo rage is OP, why nerf traders then ?
    Because MR debuff + trader debuff sucks.

Not being able to predrain is the most silly thing,
    Sounds like crying to me Go go Funcom

As for PvM Traderjill showed drains apparently arent necessary although I'm kind of sceptical on Alfreet Ellis, it hits hard..
    Bored.. have killed it twice now without using any drains at all. What I'm currently finding to be an interesting challenge is killing that 247 Bigot Pohihanepael even with drains. I get it to about half then do something stupid with my timing and go splat.

Edit: Killed it with drains, will try without drains when it repops.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 4th, 2014 at 21:01:00.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Not being able to predrain is the most silly thing
    Let me make sure I am using the term correctly when you say pre-drain.

Do you mean draining yourself and using a kit to remove the negative effect of drain, or do you mean draining a grey mob before going into a hot tower site?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Because MR debuff + trader debuff sucks.

Sounds like crying to me Go go Funcom
    How is this crying ? and you didn't even mention Health and nano rechargers.

Wait you dont even play AO, havent for 4 years.
    I know you like the trader nerfs since your main is soldier. QQ
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    In time all professions will be nerfed. PvM will become difficult, PvP will be different. You wont have OPed tool sets and tool sets that can be abused and de-buffs that last an absurd amount of time. AO is changing, slowly but surely. Some wont mind it, some will like it, some will hate and people will quit. This is the future of AO, deal with it or dont.
    I doubt that. If that would be the case, why make Shades stronger?

Having no other information from FC, this is what AO looks like to me:

FC: "We'll change X!"
    Player feedback, not read by FC: "Bad idea, don't change X, go fix bugs!"
    FC: "We'll fix Y!"
    Player feedback, not read by FC: "But it wasn't broken, go catch exploiters!"
    FC: "We'll nerf Z!"
    Players feedback, not read by FC "FFS, just work on the engine!"

Eventually...
    Players: "We quit!"
    FC: "We don't care if you quit!"

Never an update players have been asking for.
    No method to the madness, no grand vision where AO is going, all random crap!
    Just a college programming project that we all pay for.

This time it's the traders, last time it was the PVPers, before that the froobs and so on.
    I wonder whom they are going to piss off with the next update?

funcom nv (FUNCOM:Oslo)
    Q1 2014, Net Income: -0.624M
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Give me a tree time ticking daily xp reward for BS daily please.
    Why just 3? And for the love of gawd, add more stuff to vp-shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    It comes down to everything being easily achievable even in mediocre gear, therefore "pushing" yourself to have the most AR/DD doesn't mean sacrifices on other front (for the most part, yes there is still a suicide symb etc), so you can still maintain the status quo per se, but while yielding larger benefits to yourself and your fellow team mates or more.

If there was actually a reason to compromise in gear in order to satisfy situations, there would be more parity and balance among the professions, until such item comes along that completely wrecks it.
    Agree, endgamegear is too cookiecutter.

Should be more stuff with diferent skills. Not best AAD/AAO/HP in one item.
    Last edited by leetlover; Jun 4th, 2014 at 20:44:58.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

How is this crying ? and you didn't even mention Health and nano rechargers.

Wait you dont even play AO, havent for 4 years.
    I know you like the trader nerfs since your main is soldier. QQ
    Lol My friend, i played AO since 2001 i have played all classes to end game / end gear. I seen every thing. But i am sure you see me ingame with my MA soon (if i get time)

Traders need a logic fix and so does NT, how i see it, Funcom understand the logic on this matters.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Jun 4th, 2014 at 20:43:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    I submit that any good ideas are not only ignored, but actively put on a blacklist and locked in a chest in a dark room in a castle far away, probably somewhere in Transylvania.
    They probably stick them all in the CoH chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    They probably stick them all in the CoH chest.
    Nah, cause even the DEVs don't know how to open that one.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Nah, cause even the DEVs don't know how to open that one.
    Inside is the mysterious multi-box tool made by Guardian of Shadows.

It is called, "Box a trader". At least i hope for a multi box t-shirt i pay strait up.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Jun 4th, 2014 at 21:21:28.

It comes down to 1 thing, gear.
    Gone are the days when you had to make gear sacrifices in order to achieve something, now you can just slap on combined and still perform well.
    My Enf doesn't have great base AR, 2.8k only, but he's in eJathos + Ofab which I feel is tankier due to mods provided. But I could still tank generally just as fine if I swapped out all the eJathos for CC which would net me 270 base AR off the bat without even trying.

It comes down to everything being easily achievable even in mediocre gear, therefore "pushing" yourself to have the most AR/DD doesn't mean sacrifices on other front (for the most part, yes there is still a suicide symb etc), so you can still maintain the status quo per se, but while yielding larger benefits to yourself and your fellow team mates or more.

If there was actually a reason to compromise in gear in order to satisfy situations, there would be more parity and balance among the professions, until such item comes along that completely wrecks it.
    qft. been pointed out many many times. pretty much since ai came out. this is something that would require work. but i honestly think before that happens, coh chest will open.

The back side to having to have vastly different setups to do different stuff effectively is already apparent. Pvm'ers don't pvp more than they absolutely have to because their setups aren't as effective. Do we really want more of that? Do we have enough ppl to want them to isolate themselves even more from each other?
    Last edited by Phatkeep; Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:15:02.

The trader changes are pretty silly for a TL7 trader, shame FC being dumb again trying to fix one thing (lowbie trader drains), and breaking something else (tl7 traders). Worst part is lowbie trader will still drain your weapon far into OE, and your AR next to nothing so regular hits won't even hit, so pretty much solving nothing.

In other news, when are they going to make The Beast not immune to drains anymore? It's not like the -AAO on them are a big deal, the -crit is nice, but mostly I just want drains against him so I can actually cast my damn AC drains.
    Last edited by Brofist; Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:07:19.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Development on the engine is going well, and this month we reached another internal milestone;
    I put this, because this line has not been here for a while. And this one is exact from 2013, may.

You guys realise that 18.7 is under developement since 2 years?!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Failure. FC isn't even trying anymore. Another month of abysmal news and full of apathy.
    Pretty much sums it up.. nothing to see here.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

ok so let's just nerf nts ...ok ...too much damage and omni qq ...lets kill nt damage .....change game mechaniks for em ....but when it comes to multiboxers .....hey its ok ...3rd party tool usage and foobar+ lonely sploitin the hell outta it and makin clans mass quit is fine ....come on funcom ....nerf everything about the game u guys are doyin a great job ...have u ever thought that not all ppl are nolifers to pay for 100 accounts so that they use 3rd party programs to kill towers all day long ....when a clan does something to omni side ...funcom quickly changes game mekanics for em ...if omni sploits something that clearly violates the eula as 3rd party programs are bannable ...let it go cause he is omni ...

^ couldn't help but chuckle at that.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast