Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    that is exactly the point. i don't get that either.

@utopian: where has fc stated these things? I'm just curious, because i seem to miss these announcements on a regular basis despite frequent visits to the forums.

AOMH - that was in the update notes (the "see ncu of all players" - not a direct mention of the hack, but everyone knows what was being discussed)

MB - that was in a thread when the complaints started about it's use, the reasons explained about the ability for FC to be able to detect MBing vs Multi-logging by a FC current and FC past employee (iirc).

DM - in the thread a week or so ago when the video was put up of it being done at towers. Genele responded to a PM from a player and the player posted the response. The threads were then all deleted (not closed, completely deleted). I am sure copies of that post are still around.

That's kinda why I used those 3 examples - since they were complaints from both sides, recent issues, are 3 different game mechanic issues/problems and all had some sort of FC response.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

{edited by Bekrowe : Posting accusations are never allowed on the forums}
    And it's ridiculous to bann the multibox player... Only two people using these 3rd party tool in pvp... The most player using it for pve (only to get their stuff)...
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Jun 8th, 2014 at 18:27:17.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    {Edited by Bekrowe : Posting accusations are never allowed on the forums}
    This applies to multiple points of this, but I'll just post it once:

[Citation Needed]
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Jun 8th, 2014 at 18:28:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    {Edited by Bekrowe : Posting accusations are never allowed on the forums}
    Gotta say this, I've been hearing rumors about collusion for as long as I play.
    Heard it on RK2 and RK1, heard it from Omni and Clan.
    Its unique to AO really, you don't hear things like that in other games. Doesn't mean it's bogus.
    Not that I can prove it, but might just be that the corruption goes both ways.
    Its FC! Would anyone be very surprised if that's true?
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Jun 8th, 2014 at 18:28:56.

I think there are a lot of things that contribute to the conspiracy theories (which may or may not be correct). I play other MMO's but I rarely have to petition in any of them. Do other games use active players as GMs, forum moderators, event coordinators, etc? I'm thinking no and the fact that AO does is what has always caused people to suspect foul play on petition decisions and moderation.

Personally, my confidence in impartial treatment was shaken by two very specific incidents. In both cases, I submitted a petition (one was for harassment and the other to report a bug/explot). Each time I submitted the petitions, I had an AO player contact me on AOSpeak (different player each time) acknowledging their awareness of my petition (info they both claimed to have obtained from a GM friend). I found this semi-invasion of privacy to be both annoying and confusing but really didn't feel there was anything i could do to 'fix' it. I could send an email to customer service but I have not had good experiences using that form of communication. I could send a PM directly to staff, but I'd say that I've also not had good luck using that route.

This really also leads me to the subject someone spoke of earlier in this thread about people reporting wrongdoing by their friends. What is the point of reporting wrongdoing when you know for a fact that funcom is already aware of the problem and doing nothing about it? Should I report every person I have personally seen using that warping program? If so, what evidence could I even provide to prove it? It is currently easier for me to list off the names of friends that don't cheat than the ones that do. And even that list of friends that I believe don't cheat is probably inaccurate because some of them probably cheat and just don't want to hear my mouth about it so don't tell me.

This is the environment that has been bred by many years of inaction on the part of the company running the game. Some cheats have been in game so long that people don't even realize they're exploits. That is why you have people complaining about them removing the ability for traders to pre-drain on themselves. It is also why people are pissed off that the 3 battlestation daily cheat was removed. Same with the change to sk gain from garden/sanct keys.. the list is long of stuff that was in the game for a really long time and then removed because it was legitimately considered to be cheating.

Anyway /rant off.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 8th, 2014 at 01:45:35.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

If there's one thing I've been impressed of as of late is how fast of a response I get from a petition. 99.9% of the time I get a message within 5 minutes.
    Hells Heroes
    Montelukast 220 Doctor - Redsonjah 220 Enforcer - Blackgammon2 220 Engineer
    Hellsheroes 220 Nano-Tech - Tinykungfu 220 Martial Artist - Dayvidian 220 Soldier
    Allomancer 213 Keeper - Captplanet 217 Meta-Physicist - Mrspeed 200 Fixer

I dont believe you.

While I haven't been around anymore as one of the few traders (one hand worth of people, if that, who played tl7 traders actively in pvp...) yeah, I'll continue playing other games.

The whole self drain thing, while it wasn't meant to be used as it made it in game, it actually helped traders a lot in regards to being comparable to most other classes ( yeah we know a few others have it just as bad). Hell, a trader self-drain is like an Enforcers Rage, Mongo, Challenger. An Mp's Sacrificial Shielding, Etc. But okay, give in, wasn't intended anyway.

But now traders drain LESS? really? lol... actually play the game, fix things that need fixing, not destroy the low population tl7 classes even more.

On a good note, thanks for making it easier to continue playing other games instead and continuously ( weekly?) reminding why we don't play this game anymore. :P
    Vispa 220/30 Trader || Maravillosa 220/30 Enforcer || Ermosa 220/30 Fixer
    Sanadome 220/26 Nano Technician || Vispah 220/30 Adventurer || Salonter 220/30 Engineer
    Catarac 220/25 Agent ||Abejorro 216/21 Bureaucrat ||Chaparrito 170/24 Agent

Monthly update: What are you doing Funcom?

Lot of people leaving the game, not a single change to anything ingame, instead of stoping like a minute and start LISTENING players, sugestions, critics, points of view, Question, what are you all up to? Killing what is left? becouse it's the right way of doing it.
    MA's nano? Was this the monthly update? I dont quite remember to see this sugestion anywhere. Trader's drains? Wow what a huge accomplishment. Game gone quiet, lots of people leaving and you come with a new nano and a single nerf to trader drains.
    Funcom what are you doing? What was the "you decide" for? Since you dont even care with subscriber's sugestions and issues, why would you come with a "you decide" thread? Since when Funcom heard any player's sugestions and points of view? Really guys, stop for a minute and think.
    If you dont have a clue on what you doing, im sure most of players have ideas for this game, to help you guys, Funcom's crew just have to read people's posts and ideas. Hanging around with people ingame, listening and writing down complaints, etc.
    Last edited by Slynn; Jun 9th, 2014 at 09:19:31.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slynn View Post
    Monthly update: What are you doing Funcom?
    minute and start LISTENING players, .
    Because players have different option about what needs to be changed, its hard for them to listen to something that is not mono. That is why they can not listen to "all" the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    Because players have different option about what needs to be changed, its hard for them to listen to something that is not mono. That is why they can not listen to "all" the players.
    They could atleast try and do some minor marketing towards old subs to attempt to get activity up, but noo, marketing was put on hold 7 years ago awaiting new engine which will be out 2015 at the earliest.

I have seen on Youtube the video with the NTs spamming 800 K plus dmg to towers. No way Funcom can say this is a bug and happens rarely, those ppl clearly used it as an exploit.
    Are they banned yet?
    If not, FC policy on this is pretty sad..

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    They could atleast try and do some minor marketing towards old subs to attempt to get activity up, but noo, marketing was put on hold 7 years ago awaiting new engine which will be out 2015 at the earliest.
    There really is no point to trying to get old people to come back when the problems that made them leave in the first place are still there (and, in some cases, are a lot worse now).

Quote Originally Posted by charmant View Post
    I have seen on Youtube the video with the NTs spamming 800 K plus dmg to towers. No way Funcom can say this is a bug and happens rarely, those ppl clearly used it as an exploit.
    Are they banned yet?
    If not, FC policy on this is pretty sad..
    you can use it as much as you want
    noone will ban you
    working as intended
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    There really is no point to trying to get old people to come back when the problems that made them leave in the first place are still there (and, in some cases, are a lot worse now).
    Have to agree. But like Slynn above, I really wonder what the "big plan" is. Monthly updates either contain changes that infuriate people (inspect, BS change) or fix some ridiculous things like some helmet not showing on certain breed etc. It's like they pick some bug randomly and work on that so there's some progress to report. Latest plan (which the playersbase only has themselves to blame really) is to add new missions.

At the same time there's multibox/DM exploiters driving more and more people out of the game. Economy is broken thanks to GMI sploits. It's been 1.5 years since merge and online numbers are back at pre-merge level. If engine comes maybe at 2015, how many players are going to see it?

I... just don't get it. Do they think these things just magically disappear and people play despite them when the engine arrives? The ship is sinking and the crew is worried about the color of the chairs and getting more people onboard

AO is as close as it can be to abandonware and you're asking about a big plan, how silly.

Funcom's big plan for AO: Patch the game once or twice a year with nonsense, keep making promises about big changes coming, release an annual disappointment video of an engine with no apparent progress and 1% improvement in visuals.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Jun 9th, 2014 at 16:43:46.

I could post 50 different threads in game suggestions but it would be a waste of my time.

I just rolled a new MA and I'm having the most horrendous leveling experience. My problems have nothing to do with balancing and I'm not even talking about the empty LFT or anything of that sort but just the overall drop rates in this game.

First, there was the ridiculous farming of the MA books in ToTW. Now, I'm wanting to grab a few symbiants for her (at 73) and hitting my head against a brick wall on farming the pocketboss pattern. I had one A-B-C already, so I went out to Scheol and farmed D.

Here's a screenshot showing the options of what can drop.. and what actually dropped. This isn't an isolated incident. I've been farming/killing pocketbosses for as long as I've played the game and what happened today.. that's the norm. Actually, I'll correct that. The only place that I haven't had this type of experience is in inferno when farming key patterns. For some reason they seem to have a semi-reasonable drop rate and the drops are rather balanced across all parts (A-B-C-D). Everywhere else.. not at all.

And as a sidenote, something tells me this isn't the first time I've tried farming symbiants for this pattern. My AOIA also shows that I already had:

And not the same pb but when hunting a prevailing infantry foot symbiant:

Ok fine, didn't get what I needed on the first attempt so figured I'd just go farm another pattern. Before giving up, I killed the 4 bosses that drop the pattern a total of 9 times (not including that one off kill that got me the initial D piece). I obtained 5 pattern pieces (2 C's and 3 B's). Only 2 of those pieces actually came from one of the named mobs. I eventually ran out of space to hold all the monster parts and pearls.. I guess if the symbs I needed were for sale I probably could've earned the cash to buy it just from that.

This cannot possibly be working as intended. Ok, I know what some of you are thinking "Jill, stop your complaining and go make a set of implants.". That's what I'm about to do but honestly, it shouldn't take this much farming just to grab a couple symbiants. And I hate making implants because I get tired of running from shop to shop trying to find the right ql cluster.. that's on top of having to hunt down a set of basic implants. Apparently its too hard to just change the shops such that Basic shops only sell QL 50 clusters, Advanced only sell 100 cluster and Superior only sell QL 175. And let's be real.. at this point it wouldn't hurt anything to throw some QL 150, 175 and 200 basic implants right in the shops.

So here I am, annoyed and at a point where I'm starting to rationalize sitting my toon on kite hill when I really just want to reasonably gear my toon as I level and have fun using her profession specific toolset. I am not going to pretend I know the first thing about game development. What I will tell you is that I find it astonishing that I can farm a full set of betas and a full set of intelligent symbiants faster than I can get symbiants for a leveling toon. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm posting this in the monthly update thread because I'm seeing that you guys are trying to make changes that you think will benefit the game. You're working on the engine and the 18.7 update is coming Soon. But I just want to remind you that if you don't fix things like the problems I mentioned in this thread, people will still walk away from this game feeling like they are hitting their head against a brick wall. The game should be fun and the mechanics of the game should encourage people to play the game not afk their way through it.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 9th, 2014 at 21:21:18.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    So here I am, annoyed and at a point where I'm starting to rationalize sitting my toon on kite hill when I really just want to reasonably gear my toon as I level and have fun using her profession specific toolset.
    Yes, let the hate flow through you. Give in to the dark side.

Also, make sure that MA is on an account separate from your doc/enf, I'd like someone else to pocket for a change.

LFT is empty - either old players dont do teams, ujst pockets, and newones (if there are any), don't know about LFT feature... how the hell should know that? Game doesnt promt this feature after reaching level 5. And implementhing this would take like 1 hour at max? Seriously, FC should do that long time ago, but they don't care.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

basically everyoen want bs xp fix to original again ^_=..ding..ding ding lv 220!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast