Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Streaming!

This game is cooked and done. In the words of leonard cohen "everybody knows".

There is no way I am paying for 12 months of gametime for some newbie items unless they are leveling items and useful to my high level characters. Sure, you get a few months extra for your price, but the items are more of a slap in the face to veteran players. Great idea... failed execution.
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

I didn't get the mail either. What are the stats on the stuff?

EDIT: Found em. I don't get why people are upset about those. With the exception for the shoulderpads 1 abilities added there's really nothing good about em. While that can be nice on some low level twinks I see no reason to throw a fit over it.
    Last edited by Rurounin; Jun 25th, 2014 at 23:34:13.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Why, oh why do I have to travel to Spain this friday for a 3 day bachelor party...

Now I miss thiz :S...

Can you e-mail a summary of this all next Sunday? Make that Saturday so I can read it on the flight back :P
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Jun 26th, 2014 at 10:51:10. Reason: Read that you'll be recording it :D Yeah!

maybe they talk about the major nerf they did to nt's when streaming, and they should talk about if there is gonna happen anything great at all this summer, like balance patch or any other positive changes. people arent exactly happy anymore

Nah, they gonna announce a super-duper patch 1 day before all devs go on a vacation for 3 weeks. This patch will break even more ingame and will remain unfixed for said 3 weeks.

On a serious note... im pretty curious. Might aswell "just" be, that engine beta goes open for all current subscribers

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

To be honest, I never saw myself playing this game again but I had a weird feeling it was going to be gone forever soon. I'd sometimes check the forums to see if there had been any updates and really nothing has changed.

I resubbed last week, and I'm actually enjoying myself. If the engine is indeed really going to happen, then I'll be as giddy as a {edited by Bekrowe - Please find a better analogy}.
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Jun 26th, 2014 at 15:09:59.
    Sturmie "Sturmfaust" Smalls, 220 Enforcer. (Totally the Enforcer on Ninj00's Billboard)
    The Syndicate Join the Family.

First Enforcer on Rimor to declare war on Romania as a whole, not because of their beliefs, but simply because they're different.

Only the same thing... nothing new or special!!!! Same Event like every Year... Gridstream with 2 Dj's that playing only the same musik each year...

Yes- We will have an announcement during the stream that you will definitely want to hear!
    I think they announce the grafic engine, that is coming in the 4. quarter of the year after 7 years - the last action from funcom to keep the game alife [to get more money]...
    Last edited by Alves; Jun 27th, 2014 at 10:38:52.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Live streaming events... this is exactly what AO needs... Monthly. In your face questions asked and questions answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

What makes you think they won't ignore the relevant questions just like they do on the forums, in emails, ingame etc.

"Why isn't this fixed, why isn't this fixed..."

"Oh! What did I have for dinner!"

What tends to happen with these events in other games is that they can easily pick and choose the easy questions they want to answer because there's so much traffic and so many questions being asked they could never be expected to answer them all.

Thing is, those streams tend to have several hundred+ viewers which keep it that busy. I will be most interested in how this one pans out.

In fact, I might even tune in to watch for myself. I won't spam questions.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

That was abysmal. Why do neither of you seem to know how to play?

Awesome, this roleplaying business sure lived up to the expectations of an announcement I definitely wanted to hear!

Also I hear the beta is really fun to run around in.

Recap of the stream for those who didnt make it.
    1. Social armor in AO is neat
    2. New social armor coming soon
    3. You can run around in Newland Desert
    4. You dont need to know anything about AO to work with it.

That was.. well... was rather underwhelming. But pretty much in line with AO.. "we announce <stuff>" with a bold "soon (tm)" ... im not disappointed, i actually expected less

Quote Originally Posted by MRKz View Post
    Recap of the stream for those who didnt make it.
    1. Social armor in AO is neat
    2. New social armor coming soon
    3. You can run around in Newland Desert
    you forgot:
    1: subway pwns
    2: It aint training, it's kiting

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

So more social armor? Really?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

That went about as expected in terms of questions being answered.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Wait, what was the big announcement? More social armor? BAAHHahahahaha

The reasonable person in me thought that after so many years it might actually be the new engine patch coming to testlive, but you sure showed me FC! New social armor is WAY more than I could've ever expected!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast