Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anniversary Streaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Come on guys... Fat atrox in thong... and a clanner while at it..

You two are adorable as people, considering You (Tomium), are still rather AO inexperienced, TraderJill's suggestion is just awesome, do one major dungeon from the list each week, (or month depending on what time premits you). If you need help powerleveling let us know, we'll get you up to level for any content in the downtime. Maybe do community votes on what equipment to get for your "Tomium" enfo, share your newbie experience on live streams and get it going.

oh yeh. Welcome to Borealis!
    That's really an awesome idea... It can be a community project to help him get his toon through content, geared and leveled up. If its done right it can also serve as a sorta guide for others that might be struggling, as well.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

well its not easy for anyone to stream after they screwd up DM for nts and replaced it witht he worst nuke ever, it was the top of the iceberg of stupid things funcom has done, they totaly killed a profession.

funcom and the dev team arent much liked, and they arent gonna get much liked before they speak to us
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jun 27th, 2014 at 23:49:06.

Without getting into a massive argument...

There are quite a few of us RPers around, who all pay our fair share and have done for many years; many of us right from the get-go in the original beta.

The majority of people forget AO was designed as a game to last 4 years as a way to story tell through RP events; and was at its core an RP game, with PvM and PvP included, not the other way around.

Now I’m all for PvP and PvM development, contests, etc taking precedence over RP. I'm not stupid, i know these are more vital for the game to survive, but every now and then doing something for us RPers is nice, like this contest. They're just catering to a usually forgotten part of the AO community.

Don't see what all the fuss is about tbqh.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Without getting into a massive argument...

There are quite a few of us RPers around, who all pay our fair share and have done for many years; many of us right from the get-go in the original beta.

The majority of people forget AO was designed as a game to last 4 years as a way to story tell through RP events; and was at its core an RP game, with PvM and PvP included, not the other way around.

Now I’m all for PvP and PvM development, contests, etc taking precedence over RP. I'm not stupid, i know these are more vital for the game to survive, but every now and then doing something for us RPers is nice, like this contest. They're just catering to a usually forgotten part of the AO community.

Don't see what all the fuss is about tbqh.
    You're absolutely right, they should've just shut AO down 9 years ago!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    You're absolutely right, they should've just shut AO down 9 years ago!
    Hey..your "positiveness" does not fit this forum, and extremely bad timing today where every one is celebrating , put does negativeness on the street, at least today.

Lol, well I thought it was a neat contest announcement. Yes, I RP, oh noes! Seriously though guys, hit the bricks if all your going to do is bash every single thing that happens now, with out atleast trying to be constructive. Go ahead, flame away!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    *snip* Go ahead, flame away!
    At least the point of the malcontent was pointing out the obvious, what was yours? Circular logic.

Anyway, power-leveling the newbs won't teach them the game... the people I've seen power-leveled by their org/friends were always crippled when it came to "knowing" how to play their toon. They never fully learn the intricacies of their toolset, the mechanics of the game, or even how to play their character well in a team, just the way it is, oh, they'll "get it" eventually, but in my experience, they need teams at all levels. But great idea, get the people who run the show and teach them the game. lol

I give them credit for trying, and credit for their enthusiasm--true newbs are just so darned cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Also neither of them knew there was a level cap on Subway. Tomium seemed surprised when he found out and Sezmra got defensive and said "I know there's a level cap on Subway" but 2 minutes before she had been talking about how Subway is better when you don't "bring your 220 friends and gank it"
    I should be suprised and shocked, but frankly I'm not.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Is there a link somewhere to watch the announcement? I missed it ... tried finding in this thread as well, but no luck.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Is there a link somewhere to watch the announcement? I missed it ... tried finding in this thread as well, but no luck.

Emma
    The announcement was a future forum-based contest with prizes being given to players based on the most detailed, creative and overall best character backstory. The backstory can be 500-1000 words. The official contest info is supposed to be posted on the forums next week, I believe.

Edit: The grand prize for best overall is a NPC in game telling the story.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The announcement was a future forum-based contest with prizes being given to players based on the most detailed, creative and overall best character backstory. The backstory can be 500-1000 words. The official contest info is supposed to be posted on the forums next week, I believe.

You being serious ya? That was the big announcement? Glad I didn't call in sick lol.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

I am sorry to say I was not very impressed with the stream, my reasons are the same as already been stated, it didn't seem the two individuals were very knowledgeable with the game

HOPEFULLY things will improve

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post

lol - i'm glad that i didnt reactivate my Account for that... that's ridiculous
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclotol View Post
    it didn't seem the two individuals were very knowledgeable with the game
    Considering one of them said they had played since the original closed beta I was very shocked at the lack of knowledge displayed and some of the comments.

I canceled other plans to attend/watch the stream event. What a waste of my time and now I have to make up for the canceled plans.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Considering one of them said they had played since the original closed beta I was very shocked at the lack of knowledge displayed and some of the comments.
    This may seem like stereotyping, but it's definitely a stereotype that I've seen play out over and over. She said she was quite involved with GSP. I've found that most people involved with GSP spend 90% of their time running silly dance scripts listening to someone else's Spotify playlist. I'm sure she could tell us how to get to all the various bars/party spots. She's probably even level 50, and got there years ago and then didn't kill a single other monster.

I wonder if she was the one that got to hire Tomium, they seem to mesh well. She's involved with the RP and GSP stuff, and he was just fawning over social outfits.

was there any discussion about the engine?
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Khrystanna View Post
    was there any discussion about the engine?
    The only comment made by the hosts was "oh we don't get to announce the big stuff like that haha" #(possible inside joke there) the verbal tone was lighthearted.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Come stream with us!

In celebration of Anarchy Online’s 13th Anniversary, we will be live streaming the game with you, the awesome community that makes AO so great!

The Details:

We will stream this Friday (that’s the 27th of June)
    Streaming starts at 2PM EST (click here for your time zone)
    • Yes- there WILL be prizes!
    • Yes- Sezmra and Tomium will be there!
    • Yes- It is open to everyone!
    • Yes- We will have an announcement during the stream that you will definitely want to hear!
    • Yes- You will get to ask questions!
    • Yes- We will be playing as well as talking!

How do you get in on this wonderfulness? Why, you join our Twitch stream, of course. We’ll take your questions (and answer them as we can) as well as interact with everyone who shows up.

Don’t miss it- this Friday!

If for some reason you can’t make it, don’t worry- we’ll record it and update this post with that link for you.

We’ll see you there!
    Can you post the "stream" somewhere that does not require joining your twitch tv?

Emma

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345