Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 2nd July, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm finding it tough to believe that someone from marketing reads over and approves the updates. If they do, it must not be anyone even remotely familiar with AO.
    Or the point of "Marketing"
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    hi Zee!
    Yo bro! Hope you're well, mate
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Genele said on IRC that she couldn't post her newsletter because there was noone from marketing to approve it O.o
    Hahahaha, 10/10 excuse I never saw it coming. Seriously though does genele expect anyone to believe that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Hahahaha, 10/10 excuse I never saw it coming. Seriously though does genele expect anyone to believe that ?
    I don't know why you wouldn't believe it?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

So are you telling me Marketing wears the big boy pants and makes all the decisions?
    "Let's have them post some old screenshots from the "engine" this month so they get off our backs, oh wait I'm going on vacation with the rest of the marketing crew." Marketing Agent #34 said.
    Hells Heroes
    Montelukast 220 Doctor - Redsonjah 220 Enforcer - Blackgammon2 220 Engineer
    Hellsheroes 220 Nano-Tech - Tinykungfu 220 Martial Artist - Dayvidian 220 Soldier
    Allomancer 213 Keeper - Captplanet 217 Meta-Physicist - Mrspeed 200 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Montelukast View Post
    So are you telling me Marketing wears the big boy pants and makes all the decisions?
    "Let's have them post some old screenshots from the "engine" this month so they get off our backs, oh wait I'm going on vacation with the rest of the marketing crew." Marketing Agent #34 said.
    The decisions? On what the devs are allowed to post, yes I would certainly think that is the case. If you want to deride people for taking a vacation, I think you should grow up a little.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

On the one hand, no i dont believe the excuse.
    Even if the entire department went on vacation, this is a *regularly scheduled* forum event, that anyone able to understand the complexity of a callender would be able to pre-plan for.
    I would hope (despite all proof to the contrary) that anyone smart enough to attain a marketing degree *CAN* understand how to use a callender.

On the other hand, this IS what a marketing department is for.
    Sort of.
    The Job of the Marketing department is to ensure that all publicly published images, writeups, forum posts, news etc etc. Spins the viewers opinions to the positive, to make thier product intresting and desirable to the paying public.

While i would usualy resort to name calling and comparing IQ's to that of ranch dressing, im feeling oddly charitable today and so i will simply say...

/Marketing Fail
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Because AO hasn't had any marketing ever since means jumped ship and even then he was doing all the marketing himself (or at least a big majority of it).

Do not try to blame the marketing team. That is impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no marketing team.

paf, it's not AO's marketing team, AO doesnt have their own marketing team. It's FunCom's marketing team.

As for why they started doing this I'm assuming it has something to do with delays and given timeframes that was not held to the public.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Aug 7th, 2014 at 18:45:32. Reason: unnecessary personal attack

Alolza!

But who needs dev update when we have epic update on testlive. Those patch notes speak more than any letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Knock off the personal attacks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Because AO hasn't had any marketing ever since means jumped ship and even then he was doing all the marketing himself (or at least a big majority of it).

Do not try to blame the marketing team. That is impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no marketing team.
    Oh, I see what the problem is. You're looking at marketing in a very narrow fashion, only taking in a single aspect. There are quite a lot of aspects to marketing, it's an umbrella concept that covers many, many things, not just whether or not there's an advertisement going round for a given product.
    The Red Brotherhood

Dear Valued citizens of Rubi Ka,

Please allow me to give you updates for this month:

- This month we have more whiners on the forums on how they are not happy regarding developments of AO
    - Some babies are crying, due to no news about graphic engine
    - Fanboys are defending and giving nonsense complements to FC

And some other dramas.

Thats its for this month, and thank you for reading.

Best Regards
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Dear Valued citizens of Rubi Ka,

Please allow me to give you updates for this month:

- This month we have more whiners on the forums on how they are not happy regarding developments of AO
    - Some babies are crying, due to no news about graphic engine
    - Fanboys are defending and giving nonsense complements to FC

And some other dramas.

Thats its for this month, and thank you for reading.

Best Regards
    You forgot to mention the former fanboy's dropping by to complain about AO that cried and stopped paying that think funcom cares.

and Several exploits were fixed. (which should read 'no exploits were hurt in this patch')
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Aug 7th, 2014 at 21:06:09.

Like it or not, of FC's various games, AO probably has the lowest priority. If we get a monthly statement it will be long after all the other FC games have had theirs vetted by marketing.

I'm not trying to bitch here but anyone who doesnt think FC just does the bare minimum to keep people paying their monthly dues is sadly mistaken. This game is never going to go anywhere anymore. Its a fact that even if we ever do get the new engine AO is just so obsolete its not worth wasting more money on because it will never have the 'wow factor' to attract new customers in any significant numbers, the best that can be hoped for is to bring back a small % of the old playerbase and maybe a few curious newbies.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

seems like we have Biggest patch since history of AO. All changes (well, most of them) were desired by players or are required to sort things out. What can I say... I love them, except change for OMHH - which, to be honest, is not bright.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    You forgot to mention the former fanboy's dropping by to complain about AO that cried and stopped paying that think funcom cares.
    I have to admit I may be one of those fanboy's crying so I will try to make a positive contribution.

Imagine the future! No not lasers in space, more like 27 of August this year.

• The quarterly report will be released.
    • Everything will be cash flow positive and The Secret World will be a smashing success because of the Tokyo issues being released.
    • Anarchy Online will have a deadline for the engine by then.
    • Lego Minifigures Online will be a success because of the recent movies
    • The Development Update has been posted for AO.
    • Funcom finally showing a stable upward trend after intense development of the TSW issues.
    • Funcom will start to design their new AAA MMO??? (That's a question based on one of the quarterly reports statements, not trying to start rumours.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Needing marketing sign off on a developer post seems perfectly reasonable to me. Anyone suggesting it's some kind of fabricated excuse needs to relax a little and trust a little more.

If there was any cause for complaint it would be at the Marketing people for not organising themselves sufficiently to ensure the post was ratified in time. That seems like a simple monthly process.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

I think at this point, anyone who's read the testlive patch notes knows full well why no one wants to make an announcement this month.

Anyone trying to defend those changes is going to become an internet meme.
    and not in a good way.
    I was "party A"

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast