Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 2nd July, 2014

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if open beta testing starts around the end of this year. I also wont be surprised if it doesn't (meaning it will be past December).

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    here it how it will goes:

After several internal testing we can assure that things are going in the right direction. We did some improvements here and there, and soon we will be able to deliver it to testlive.

Now we are focused on patch 18.7, which will provide NPE. As there is plenty work to do, we consider to lunch it within one month, and then - if everyting will work as intended - we will patch it to live servers.

Many players asked about new engine, so I can glady say that work is running as we want it to be and in few months, before Christmas, we should run open beta tests. We ecnountered - during internal tests - some problems, and they required our attentions, and thats why 2 of 3 people currenty working on Anarchy Online departament (the one is responsible for forums community and secod is guarding parklot, actually) had to work to figure out, why seven years old engine is not looking as good as modern games. Actually, we know it wont look any good, so we won't deliver it at all, but hey!, you saw some random video few years ago, and we know its superior to what was... only 13 years ago.

That being said, we have small delay caused by vacations. I was on beach, drinking light beer and was admiring smooth graphics of ocean...

Till next time, folks!
    You forgot the random prof nerf
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Wtf?

So new engine promised at 2010 is still not here? Development news? What a funny thing! Paying ppl who doesnt like to keep what they promise
    New engine n balance is not any near, right? :-) Why you just dont post something like "we took another vacation since we were tired of creating new excuses why we were unable to presend brand new and epic engine and why we didnt bother with balance patch"? I think many ppl would like to see that and they would accept it in peace, because they would see, that developers are at least a little honest people

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    On a serious note:

FunCom, please cut paymant in half, so I will resub all my 4 accounts - if this won't get old players back, atleast I will have fun doing content with my toons alone. It's to expansive right now, it really is.
    Naa years ago they offered 30 free days so you could see whats new, but since there is NOTHING new, they stopped to offer free visit to far-from-cheap game

Quote Originally Posted by Dexikcz View Post
    So new engine promised at 2010 is still not here? Development news? What a funny thing! Paying ppl who doesnt like to keep what they promise
    New engine n balance is not any near, right? :-) Why you just dont post something like "we took another vacation since we were tired of creating new excuses why we were unable to presend brand new and epic engine and why we didnt bother with balance patch"? I think many ppl would like to see that and they would accept it in peace, because they would see, that developers are at least a little honest people
    Very little on the forums are ever accepted "in peace".
    And a post like that would wreak havoc.

I think if Genele doesn't manage to post something in the next day or three, Joel might just jump in.

/pokingfun

It would probably be something along the lines of 'we found some exploits(fixed). 18.7 is ready for TL should be in the next 2 weeks.
    18.8 on beta kicked off with a bang as it melted all the testers' GPUs and we needed to replace them. Some delay expected.
    Fixing the bones on one of the models and its related animation caused an unexpected Div 0 in the CUDA cores.
    Sorry bout that.'

/pokingfun off
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

All of ao fc staff (what, 1-2 persons?) on holidays so no updates i'm guessing
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

No update for Yo!

Let them take a holiday. Working with sphagetti code is very demanding, rest is a musthave. often you can do more in 4 hours than you can do in 8 with code upon code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

TSW forum had the Devs tell us there would be no monthly letter because of holidays. Something clarifying that for AO would have been nice...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Genele said on IRC that she couldn't post her newsletter because there was noone from marketing to approve it O.o none of the AO devs are on vacation atm, or have been for most of July.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Not sure what folks are clamoring for, tbh. At this point monthly updates are merely flamebait anyway, so why bother?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Not sure what folks are clamoring for, tbh. At this point monthly updates are merely flamebait anyway, so why bother?
    So you're suggesting quarterly updates? Or do we just check the quarterly report to see if it's still cash flow positive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

I'm suggesting that there are better ways to occupy one's time than anxiously, vocally awaiting a few sentences sure to upset anyway.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I'm suggesting that there are better ways to occupy one's time than anxiously, vocally awaiting a few sentences sure to upset anyway.
    Maybe it's positive news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Genele said on IRC that she couldn't post her newsletter because there was noone from marketing to approve it O.o none of the AO devs are on vacation atm, or have been for most of July.
    A glimpse of how screwed up corp structure is in fc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyerdnt View Post
    I think if Genele doesn't manage to post something in the next day or three, Joel might just jump in.
    It's actually Joels turn to post this month, as they take turns on it...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    A glimpse of how screwed up corp structure is in fc.
    I'm finding it tough to believe that someone from marketing reads over and approves the updates. If they do, it must not be anyone even remotely familiar with AO.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm finding it tough to believe that someone from marketing reads over and approves the updates. If they do, it must not be anyone even remotely familiar with AO.
    They have heard of it, just never ever played it.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I bet this policy is in place to prevent things like the "engine video" disaster. Though every policy should be enforced loosely and given some managerial discretion, i.e. to recognize a company-wide vacation as a one-time exception.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

What's the policy for a Game Director/Community Managers from saying something about a postponed update?
    Hells Heroes
    Montelukast 220 Doctor - Redsonjah 220 Enforcer - Blackgammon2 220 Engineer
    Hellsheroes 220 Nano-Tech - Tinykungfu 220 Martial Artist - Dayvidian 220 Soldier
    Allomancer 213 Keeper - Captplanet 217 Meta-Physicist - Mrspeed 200 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Montelukast View Post
    What's the policy for a Game Director/Community Managers from saying something about a postponed update?
    Marketing have to approve that as well.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast