Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix the nanorecharge stuck !

Fix the nanorecharge stuck !

Too often, after casting any nano (any profession, no particular cast/recharge time, no particular target) you recharge would stuck at 0 sec left, preventing any new cast.
    While moving can't be enough according to your nanointerrupt level, the only way to get rid of this stuck is to JUMP at least 1 and sometimes 2 times in a row to free nanocasting cooldown !

When not annoyant, this bug can occur at very important times ... in the worse order i encountered :
    - doc/agt : at the moment you must cast a heal esp. on tank
    - enfo : exactly when you need to mongo/malice to save healer's ass
    - crat : when you need to mezz a boss during add pulltime !
    - etc ... <insert your critical moment>

The time needed to jump and get access to nanos again can be enough to wipe your team/raid.

I suspect the reason why it happens is because cooldown is serversided to prevent hacks, wich is a good thing. But in those case, i think the server may be "forget" to inform the client about "cooldown over", leaving client stucked as described. There, jumping is sending new infos to the server, requesting a refresh or something, and the "cooldown over" is endly send to client ...

Thanx to look into that !

ps : i confirm having a reliable connection/ISP, widely over decent computer, updated and well install gameclient. i'm also not the only one to encounter this.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Agreed.

My NT get this bug usually in Battlestation Decon buffing up and jumping is what i do to fix it, just like you mentioned.
    Annoying and timeconsuming.
    I don't experiance this during normal nano battle tho so it seems to be contained to buffing actions for NT's maybe?
    I'm the biggest! The best! Better than the rest!

NTs have complained about this for years. Most common cause of death when kiting Ely hecks for ingots back in the day.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

One of those bugs that refuse to show themselves in the presence of a BH
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

The game's code is so old and archaic, the bugs have achieved sentience.

And yes, this has annoyed me greatly over the years

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Ugh.. if i had a dollar for everytime that "stuck feature" got me killed....
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

bump fix this

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

The time i have seen this pop up the most (enfo) is when you start trying to cast another nano the exact time your recharge ends. When I am trying to build agro on a group of mobs on a raid and I am spamming imongo I see this a lot. If i wait half a second after the recharge is done I do not get this issue. Probably has a +/- 0.25 second window of the recharge time.

Really annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Ugh.. if i had a dollar for everytime that "stuck feature" got me killed....
    This...

and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
    The time i have seen this pop up the most (enfo) is when you start trying to cast another nano the exact time your recharge ends. When I am trying to build agro on a group of mobs on a raid and I am spamming imongo I see this a lot. If i wait half a second after the recharge is done I do not get this issue. Probably has a +/- 0.25 second window of the recharge time.

Really annoying.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Keldon View Post

Really annoying.
    Heyas,

i really cant confirm this: when on the NT and constantly spamming nukes, i haven't had this issue that often. I DO have it sometimes, but considered how many nukes i spam, i would have expected it to happen more than i am currently expiriencing it.

It may be related to the recharge of the nano, most nukes i am spamming are almost insta-cast, but the recharge is quite high (~2.5s to 4s). But then again, Mongo nano's have a quite high recharge as well...

Just my two cents

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

bumpz ^^

I would guess it probably is a server sync issue (why the small window at the end of recharge). Client thinks you have finished recharging, server says no, game hangs in a possible eternal computer argument.

If your on a 100% lag-free connection i would guess you wouldn't see this. My connection is pretty low lag but every so often I get a lag storm and it seems to happen more often in that time. I need to watch more often see if I can get a correlation.
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.

Are there specific nanos that you see this occur with more than others? For example, does it occur more often with Improved Mongo Crush! than Improved Element of Malice?

Does this occur more noticably in certain playfields? Does it happen just as much in Omni-Ent/Borealis/Old Athen as in the 12-man instance or Arid Rift?

Is it more frequent in crowded areas? During a raid, such as APF or Pandemonium, or in a 6-man team grinding inferno missions?

Thanks for the report, any more info you can give will help track this down. As Bugs noted, we have had a hard time tracking down this specific issue.

- BH Coordinator Nirvelle (aka Nerf)
    The Secret World Gameplay Designer "Nerf" Nirvelle

"I used to be a GM, then I took an Ur-Draug in the knee"

Former GM Nirvelle
    Former ARK Bug Hunter Director
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelle View Post
    Are there specific nanos that you see this occur with more than others?

almost all my nukes and debuffs that i chaincast on my mp. Happens everywhere, equally. It seems to happen more often on instacasts, like MIMQ is number 4 on my primary hotbar on my MP. If i rapidly tap 4 a buncha times it locks and then i cant cast for close to 30 seconds.

Extremely frustrating during PVP.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I use Imongo 90-95% of the time so it is what I see it on most of the time (due to exposure). I am mainly raiding 12 man, apf, and pande. I have seen it happen in 12 man a decent amount, but typically only when I am already having lag issues (why I think it might be a sync issue).

APF I have seen it a couple times on s35. S28 I can get more of a rhythm down so i am not trying to spam it right as recharge is done so I don't see this as often there.

Pande I have only seen it once or twice out of a pretty fair amount of pande raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelle View Post
    Are there specific nanos that you see this occur with more than others? For example, does it occur more often with Improved Mongo Crush! than Improved Element of Malice?

Does this occur more noticably in certain playfields? Does it happen just as much in Omni-Ent/Borealis/Old Athen as in the 12-man instance or Arid Rift?

Is it more frequent in crowded areas? During a raid, such as APF or Pandemonium, or in a 6-man team grinding inferno missions?

Thanks for the report, any more info you can give will help track this down. As Bugs noted, we have had a hard time tracking down this specific issue.

The times I see this the most is if I for some reason try to spam my heal (Bodily Invigoration.)

Under normal circumstances I normally press the hotbar button to fire of the heal a fraction of a second before the recharge bar is gone.

However, if I for whatever reason are busy keeping an eye on something else on the "battlefield" or trying to do damage I may opt for just spamming the heal key, rather than a single timed press of the key.

This often results in being stuck in recharge...

If you want to try and replicate it, I'd say spam hotbar button for some heal or whatever, while at the same time using the mouse to fire of DoT's, fling shots, bursts, perks.... whatever

@Nirvelle :

about the client state : after the bugging cast, stand a tiny grey vertical line on every nanos on shortcut bar(s) with "0 sec" written on all of them. the rest of client (chat, animation, weapon attack bars and all) is behaving normally, you can do anything but casting nanos. only way to get 100% rid of it : jump and move back/forth.

as people said i don't think that's related to a particular nano-line/type/name. may be it might come "a little more often" from short castime, but longer ones do it too so it's not an absolute criteria. about way that occurs, that might be related onto spamming exactly when previous nano charging is finishing, but i'm not 100% sure on that ...

imo all nanos can potentially trigger bug but we detect it on those of common use, logically.

about the server : imo it's not directly linked to server lag wave (= can happen in normal server respond time). please note i have this bug on very little raids (3-4 people) as much as wide ones (10+) and/or pvp events.
    about the client situation : i got a really reliable ISP/connection (all the time 800+ to 1500 Ko/sec with correct ping) and this bug occurs even with no lagtime my side. i encountered the bug dualing several clients as much as having just one running ; may be the more clients, the more often bug, but it could stand as statistical multiplier and not as provoking state.

so imo latency doesn't help on "repairing" the recharge state, but lag's not the bug source itself.

about the places : had this in pande, albtraum, RK playfield + AI raid (non instanced city), LoX boss room ... in fact pretty much anywhere public/private playfield !
    about the toons : i play mainly high level toons so idk if that happen at lower levels. the professions i encountered the most this bug were : enfo (mongo spam), doc (BI spam), crat (init debuff spam), fixer (root spam but i move/jump a lot in pvp so it often cancels the bug).

conclusion : wether this bug comes from cooldown system itself (i remember this was problematic when launched), wether it might (soz for inaccuracy, just thinking on keyboard) come from the confluency of spam at bad time (when a nano is finishing cast e.g.) + little lag client or server side (or both) ?

anyway the rate for me is happening 1-2 times per playing hour, sometimes more and sometimes not at all (...). mainly annoyant when not lethal (e.g. : bugged doc wtf O_o).

ps : someone said you can have this bug while still casting on the exact moment you're transported from buffroom to battlestation ; this is half wrong : this bug's different as you're neverending the previous cast. but the "manual fix" is the same : jump and move back & forth. if we could fix both bugs that would be amazing
    Last edited by bitnykk; Mar 21st, 2010 at 13:02:27.

I'm pretty sure it's not related to a particular nano, nor profession...

I just tried spam-clicking composite attribute nano on my shade, and I could replicate it just fine that way.

Thanks for all the replies, these will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not related to a particular nano, nor profession...
    It's always best to ask. There have been issues in the past that only occured on 'friendly' nanos with no offense check, and then some that only occured on 'hostile' nanos with an offense check.

Again, thanks for the replies, we'll get this looked into.

- Nirv/Nerf
    The Secret World Gameplay Designer "Nerf" Nirvelle

"I used to be a GM, then I took an Ur-Draug in the knee"

Former GM Nirvelle
    Former ARK Bug Hunter Director
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters

bump for a fix
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast