Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engy Damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    engi seems to work better on low AC mobs but inside SL its still behind a non-slacking hardcore shade.
    Amusingly enough AAD debuffing shades do a lot for pet damage on tough SL mobs, even on Beast i notice a big jump in pet crit rate/damage with Shades in the raid.

Still no word from the BigBurger engis, is that not a thing anymore/ever?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Amusingly enough AAD debuffing shades do a lot for pet damage on tough SL mobs, even on Beast i notice a big jump in pet crit rate/damage with Shades in the raid.
    Yeah, it really does depend on what you're doing. The less you have to switch targets, the better for pet damage.

Still no word from the BigBurger engis, is that not a thing anymore/ever?
    BigBurger's edge is low-AC/low-HP stuff, like aliens. High dmg shot and then it's dead and onto the next.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Major diffrence is shade heals by doing damage, engi can get in to a lot of trouble fast by tanking.Nail in cofffin for me are buffing times. When you log to kill dyna on shade, you are 300k damage per second capable in 5 seconds. On engi in 5 minutes, thats 1500k damage before engi has pets able to survive the encounter. Crat in comparison, can get carlo up and buffed in 10 seconds, then while perks execute your.CEO is ready.

Engi just takes ages to get ready, but once its ready, there is light, there is shine... So totaly depends on what you do.

Shade for speed, crat for class, engi is sex on wheels.
    Shade is how all profs should be for buffing.

I think the easy fix (edit: lol... the fix I WANT) is to give all pets ALL pet buffs permanently.

Masters bidding
    Isotos
    the snare resist
    whatever AR buff
    etc.
    then make the pets a lot faster to cast and we're starting to get into the same league as other classes.

I really like carlo - he's fast to get going and if you log off buffed on crat and with a shell in inv, then you can call carlo, Rclick pet, pop DMW and basically be fighting at 85% capacity in 3 seconds.. then as you said, buff pets while perks charging.

But to be fair, who takes an engi to kill dynas? I was with a 220 engi in an inf hard last night and he poxed to regular mobs... granted it might have been 2 spiders, but engies really don't have the same survival capability as say, crat, keeper, MA, shade, doc or advy for dyna farming.

Engi's can do great damage... but they are a lot like MA's, bring em to an AI raid, leave em logged out for anything in SL.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 1st, 2014 at 00:01:01. Reason: edited.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    But to be fair, who takes an engi to kill dynas?
    When it's their only capable 220. Shocking I know, but they exist.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    When it's their only capable 220. Shocking I know, but they exist.
    That's what friends are for. Well, they were, when people actually played this game.
    Because Race Yalm

What dynas? From time to time i like to hunt r-ka dynas and out of my 4 220s (shade, crat, nt and engi), engi is the best fro that - the highest dmg and lowest number of buttons to press. On big hp dynas i just send pets and alt-tab to www.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Inferno dynas would require a more active playstyle to solo on engi - they do enough damage that has to be healed/mitigated. Plus some of them stun. It's possible but it can be hectic. Engi was my first 220, I thought soloing was rather easy until I leveled a doc and a crat and I was amazed at how much easier it was.

Buffing times matter most when you're farming a static boss like Arachnis and you have to log out every 20 minutes. Engi is just painful to use in that situation.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Multipurpose engys ftw Can swap to dualpistols, grenade, remodulator and still be able to tradeskill most items ingame. Also all armor on engame engs with aitech3 is swappable if you got few items. Even on multipurpose eng dmg is ok. Just slap on some critgear, dualpistols and it doesnt even cost you much like the full cc+rbp ones.
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123