Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Soju's Multiboxing Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    I'm against multiboxing and I duallog/multilog alot manually, in fact, I do everythign manually, I dont even use keybinds etc
    I can somewhat understand being against 3rd party tools but how can you be against not sucking? Also great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I can somewhat understand being against 3rd party tools but how can you be against not sucking? Also great thread.
    I lol'd. And I'm in the office at 4AM on Saturday morning ready to bite someone's head off.

I dont quite understand your logic here... Keybinds only came ingame in a very late stage, people didnt 'suck' before they were implemented
    I prefer it the old way, not the lazy way, works just as fine, just takes a little more effort than what you guys do
    Keybinds were only brought ingame (imho) because of the pvpers, they complained they couldnt kill fast enough so....

Anyways, thats totally off-topic
    On topic, sure its Soju's guide, but Mutliboxing should be on the menu to be discussed
    It is a cheat, we who oppose know it, those that use it know it and funcom knows it
    But its obvious that FC will not act on it cause they need the income on a dying game, every paying customer is a paying customer and if they have to ban for using multibox, they'd tank their own income, therefor unable to act upon it, its nothing more than that
    I'm still opposed to it, as are many others
    Especially since it opens up a new gate to Killstealing, reminds me of Holy trinity
    its taking away the joy I used to have of, for example, inferno farming, mutual respect between players there, now, anyone just comes and steals my kill, doesnt even matter anymore that I play on my shade, a well known player, respected by many, always polite and helpful, yet KS all the way, clanners, neutrals, omni's, there's no respect anymore, and multiboxing just adds on that
    I'm just voicing my opinion, not looking to actually engage in a arguement with any of the people in here, mutliboxing wont get banned, nor are the people who use it, so nothig to be done about it
    Unless ofc FC does something like FPS games and use a kind of 'punkbuster' that scans for the 3rd party disallowed tools, something like that would at least filter out external tools from the cheat/exploit radar, dont even need to ban the users, just block the 3rd party tool

Just a reminder that multiboxing is possible and fairly easy without any 3rd party tools running on the computer that has the clients running and that most of the AAA titles allow it not just because of the extra income, but also because players should be free to play the way they want to (as long as it doesn't break the EULA, which multiboxing doesn't if you don't bind 1 key to more than 1 action per client). It's not "a cheat". It's not "illegal". It's just something that is currently giving other players an edge that you don't like and often don't understand well enough. Focus on the root cause though, not on the patchy solution.

I understand that some people feel they're negatively impacted by it, but the real problem is low population, not multiboxing. If we had a healthy population of at least 3-4 times what we have now, multiboxing would be made obsolete in terms of stealing dyna kills / other "farms" / pvp.

Those aiming at multiboxing bans are accidentally aiming to damage the game further. Aim to fix the low population issues and your MB-related problems are ALL fixed because you'll actually have teams for the things people are often forced to dual/triple/quad log or multibox.

That said, this topic should focus on the guide and I appreciate Soju's attempt at educating people to how this works. I hope he keeps helping those new to multiboxing as most people should be able to run at least two clients and make their life easier on today's often empty game team-wise. (If you can get teams for everything when you log on, by all means, do so! I wish I could).

</morningpost>
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

I dont quite understand your logic here...
    I know and it shows because...
    Keybinds only came ingame in a very late stage, people didnt 'suck' before they were implemented I prefer it the old way, not the lazy way, works just as fine, just takes a little more effort than what you guys do Keybinds were only brought ingame (imho) because of the pvpers, they complained they couldnt kill fast enough so....
    ...this part is 100% disinformation.

I know and it shows because... ...this part is 100% disinformation.
    Instead of 'pointing out the wrong', you could correct my 'mistake' perhaps... cause the way you're putting it now, you're still not making sense
    I dont even understand how I am wrong here.. Keybinds were not ingame when I started playing AO, they only came ingame 2010 or something? only a few years so far
    And I may not have read the posts that were made when they were implemented but I'm pretty sure that its because of the pvpers, as they're always the ones complaining
    Nevertheless, I aint gonna argue any further with you, you're a pvper and your org name says enough
    Latah

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    Instead of 'pointing out the wrong', you could correct my 'mistake' perhaps... cause the way you're putting it now, you're still not making sense
    I dont even understand how I am wrong here.. Keybinds were not ingame when I started playing AO, they only came ingame 2010 or something? only a few years so far
    As a left handed person I'm 100% certain that I wouldn't be playing this game at all if I couldn't keybind because the default settings are designed for right handed people which is something I never bothered adapting to. Keybinds weren't added in 2010, they were just broadened with a public announcement that made the public remember this thing exists and that it's actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    And I may not have read the posts that were made when they were implemented but I'm pretty sure that its because of the pvpers, as they're always the ones complaining
    Nevertheless, I aint gonna argue any further with you, you're a pvper and your org name says enough
    Latah
    Haters gonna hate.

Great guide soju by the way. Thanks for your help in-game as well with this. Many people have benefited from me learning how to do this and will continue to do so. With low population it makes it fun again to be able to help orgmates and friends with raids etc.

Question/problem I have is regarding toon names. I have 6 accounts and recently have been having issues with 1 account not following along consistently with the MB setup. This only started after making a set of s10 toons for farming and killing generals. The 2 of the names are very similar in spelling and I am wondering if this issue has occurred with you. If I try to type a command on the toon who isn't following the commands given by hotkey I tend to get repetitive letters being typed in text field.

If you have conquered this issue yourself please share as I am eager to maximize the output of the entire team and to not feel I have an afk team member.

Again thanks for the guide and help!

Ensure your label to window name is set correctly.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

It works intermittently, anyone else had this issue? WIll follow sometimes, will assist sometimes etc. really buggy part is when I try to reply to a tell on that toon and all the keys are double or triple typed. Wondering if its is an issue with toon names too closely related. one toon has luv other has luvvv and its one or the other that don't behave.

Under options>settings make sure "Window name match" is set to "Exact match"

Soju,

Thanks for the guide and scripts. Good place to start.

Can you talk about how you get assists to work with pets.. i seem to have some trouble with it. I'm running crat as main with engie secondary. Not sure what my final set up will be but looking to either crat/engie/doc or crat/soldier/doc.

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    Soju,

Thanks for the guide and scripts. Good place to start.

Can you talk about how you get assists to work with pets.. i seem to have some trouble with it. I'm running crat as main with engie secondary. Not sure what my final set up will be but looking to either crat/engie/doc or crat/soldier/doc.
    Tie a keybind to a /pet attack macro on your hotbar. That's what I do. Have that run after the character is already assisting and you shouldn't have much issue. Also useful is to have a /pet follow linked to your stop attack macro (in my case Esc), that will help avoid pets running off & being idiots a little (When it works ofc, which isn't always)
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

How bout some good videos soju? I for one would love to see how you handle beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptall2 View Post
    How bout some good videos soju? I for one would love to see how you handle beast.
    Here's one of AOPunk using it with the DM exploit at the beast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_lv...U1eBlyjadgMs4Q
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Here's one of AOPunk using it with the DM exploit at the beast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_lv...U1eBlyjadgMs4Q
    That has pretty much nothing to do with what Adeptall2 was requesting, though. Just some friends of Genele pwning Beast with the officially not an exploit bug that is technically an exploit anyway. Can't honestly compare Soju's stuff to this in any way, regardless of what you think about multiboxing in general.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    That has pretty much nothing to do with what Adeptall2 was requesting, though. Just some friends of Genele pwning Beast with the officially not an exploit bug that is technically an exploit anyway. Can't honestly compare Soju's stuff to this in any way, regardless of what you think about multiboxing in general.
    Yes I can, and I did.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

@Caloss2: You did so dishonestly (because the abused bug in there had NOTHING to do with multiboxing), which was my point. And you're free to do so.. but it doesn't particularly help your point. Good luck with it.

On Topic: Plenty of stuff to be seen on Soju's live stream and its past broadcasts section. It's interesting to a point, though not something I'd ever want to do myself.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 22nd, 2014 at 02:25:42.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @Caloss2: You did so dishonestly (because the abused bug in there had NOTHING to do with multiboxing), which was my point. And you're free to do so.. but it doesn't particularly help your point. Good luck with it.

On Topic: Plenty of stuff to be seen on Soju's live stream and its past broadcasts section. It's interesting to a point, though not something I'd ever want to do myself.
    Using the DM bug x5 with a multibox which you are asserting has nothing to do with multiboxing on a YT channel about Multiboxing ? Good luck with that.
    They are deliberately using multiboxing+5 exploits to farm beast for years = cheating/exploiting Or are we supposed to believe that that they didn't know taking down the beast in under 3 seconds was cheating, yet the second someone else used it to hurt their towers QQ-ing on an epic scale and DM gets "fixed"

What I find really interesting though is "friends of Genele"....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast