Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Soju's Multiboxing Guide

Multiboxing wasn't needed. Any 5 people with NT's could do it. If you don't get that (which again, was my point), it's on you.

Let's get back to on-topic stuff as MB isn't exploiting (as per FC's own words on this forum).
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 23rd, 2014 at 17:58:50.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Multiboxing wasn't needed. Any 5 people with NT's could do it. If you don't get that (which again, was my point), it's on you.

Let's get back to on-topic stuff as MB isn't exploiting (as per FC's own words on this forum).
    So now you're saying that what you meant to say was this? Rather than what your actually wrote.

And again I and plenty of other people are now curious about "friends of Genele"
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Actually to further this point any 2 NT's could do this with NBG/NS.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

@Psikie: True, but it doesn't look quite as impressive!
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

I can say I gave this a MB a shot. Honestly I can say I find it easier still to dual log and alt-tab. I say this not as a downfall to MB, its just that im an old dog and for each of my toons I have different quick link keybinds set up that I got used to over years of playing them. Learning new keybinds is more work than I want to do. For example L , M (fling, FA, burst, hotkeys) are setup to do different things on my enf, ma, shade melee toons that don't have ranged weapons. Using MB I would need to repurpose keys on all the toons I logged for MB.

Now if there is a way to use numpad keys I might give it another shot.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I can say I gave this a MB a shot. Honestly I can say I find it easier still to dual log and alt-tab. I say this not as a downfall to MB, its just that im an old dog and for each of my toons I have different quick link keybinds set up that I got used to over years of playing them. Learning new keybinds is more work than I want to do. For example L , M (fling, FA, burst, hotkeys) are setup to do different things on my enf, ma, shade melee toons that don't have ranged weapons. Using MB I would need to repurpose keys on all the toons I logged for MB.

Now if there is a way to use numpad keys I might give it another shot.
    Why would you repurpose keys for specials? Change all specials to 1 key and use that. One button lights off all chars all specials. And you dont even have to change keys on all toons. You can set a key in hotkeynet (for example E) and when you click that you send whatever and however many hotkeys you have set to whatever character windows.

For me I like the control I have to a degree with q and specials. So it feels a bit more natural that I press a specific number on the hotbar, just feels better. You end up using a few spots but really..you do have plenty if you incorp shift and use 1_* 2_* 3* and so on. Works better as I can focus on spefics whilst not just spamming one key.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Yea spamming 1 key makes fine control a little harder, I usually have 3-4 hotbars per toon by the time they are lvl 50. I did tinker with just making a new bar 5-6 and just bind to 1 key for both toons. It's the fine control I feel is lacking which I felt I had to still alt tab for things like making sure the correct targets were highlighted for debuffs or single taunts.

I don't ever log more than 2 toons so this MB probably isn't ever going to be for me, but knowledge is power and at least I know how to use it now.

Is the numpad not usable? If I turned numlock off would it be usable? Just curious now at this point.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

What do you need fine control of specials for? They just do damage. I'd much rather spam 1 button then multiple.

And you can bind numpad 0,1,3,7,9. At least in hotkeynet, not sure if in AO.

From what I understand, binding more than one action in one client in a single keystroke is against the EULA if done with HotKeyNet or similar tools, it's not against the EULA if you bind things to the same key within AO itself, though (F10 menu).

This means that binding Full Auto, Fling and Burst within AO to, for example, E is fine. You can then fire those specials on client 1 with whatever key you decide to map it to on HKN. Add a keybind on HKN that sends "E" to Client 2 and you're fine.
    Using one key for both clients would, however, not be okay from what I managed to read from the posts by FC in this regard.

That said, I'm not that much into multiboxing and I end up dual logging 99% of the time I play two toons. The remaining 1% is when I play my lowbie crat+engi and want to have an easier way to attack with all pets (using 1 key per client per action still).
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

What is the syntax to bind numpad? 0-9 = keyboard numbers not numpad numbers.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Dear fixers, this is why meep was nerfed; boxers like this. Just so you know if this your first time to the forums.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

AO Needs more Multiboxer to destroy it
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    AO Needs more Multiboxer to destroy it
    destroyed desert rider and made loot free for all during aniversary. Twinking 6x alts into dd setup and winning bosses over raid forces

Hey, you know that thing that killed pvp in AO and myabe AO itself ?You should make a guide on how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    destroyed desert rider and made loot free for all during aniversary. Twinking 6x alts into dd setup and winning bosses over raid forces
    An entire raid force taking on desert rider? What anniversary event were you at?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

There was one Rider showing that was rather sparse. I'd say about 30-40 people, but most were just there to collect from the present box.

I won loot solo. That's both really cool and really sad. :P
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast