Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proposed Changes for 18.7 for MA's

zazen is not good period.
    no changes for ma and we are better than with changes.

Are you all considering the hot addition as well? To me it seems that a non max level ma can get a lot of use out of it. Enter into zazen state, cast a heal, cancel zazen. You should get a huge upfront heal, followed by a strong (strongest game by a huge margin?) hot for 12 seconds. That should make you unkillable for anything you are hunting for the duration. After hot ends, you can then stim. Then if still needed enter zazen again repeat.

With how powerful the hot is, it seems a leveling ma that stayed in zazen state could get away with using significantly lower level heals with the hot addition to manage mana.

What is the amount of HP that the HoT gives at level 220?

Does it stop once you remove Zazen or does it stay a bit like the HD boost of MoK?
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

Dont forget about the Nano-Drain after Zazen , a nice high QL Stim is helpfull afterwards but still its a big bummer
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by FunTime View Post
    With how powerful the hot is, it seems a leveling ma that stayed in zazen state could get away with using significantly lower level heals with the hot addition to manage mana.
    The debuff part is simply too harsh, my pretty much untwinked level 200 MA ( speaking of leveling toons) has 1400'ish EC and Dodge putting her at 900 with the stance, on the add damage front i would be in the red on all but energy damage were i get to keep 87 points due to the hand-me-down energy aruls from my sold. With a negative crit rating that will put her damage well below a s7 pistol using doctor ( yes, that is a guestimate) and her healing would not be close to that of a doc ( i don't really care so much about the numbers on the heals but the cooldowns, you'll lose people in the CD, so you can't do the job reliably).

So my TL;DR judgement is: Offense and Defense crippled but still can't replace a doc, what's the point of it?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Precisely.

Zazen is meant to be played in a pure support setting. In a group setting, there will be more nano regain available, more nanocost available.

But based on HP per nano point cost while not in zazen it doesn't work currently.

/agree about MoK nanoskill requirement. 1500-1550 is totally reasonable.
    And who here rolled their MA and made the setup for support?
    I'm pretty sure that everyone here rolled their MA for dd, not healing. We have other alts for that.
    Why not give this thing to Advys and leave MA alone? Many of them are already set up for support
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Nobody answered my question though.

"What is the amount of HP that the HoT gives at level 220?

Does it stop once you remove Zazen or does it stay a bit like the HD boost of MoK? "
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

When you cast the nano it checks for zazen stance and that's it, so it stays on the target unchanged, your first question i can't answer since i don't have a toon on test.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Duc-Esteban View Post

The HOT portion cannot be improved by heal efficiency
    Matrix of Ka: Target Heal for 2338 to 2805. 6 times, once every 2.00s.
    Team Matrix of Ka: Target Heal for 922 to 1106. 6 times, once every 2.00s.

They stack. The hot only occurs when in Zazen state. With the 100% heal efficiency (and none other) that means your upfront heals will do.

Matrix of Ka: Target Heal for 3740 to 4480.
    Team Matrix of Ka:Target Heal for 3688 to 5610.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    I'm pretty sure that everyone here rolled their MA for dd, not healing. We have other alts for that.
    Why not give this thing to Advys and leave MA alone? Many of them are already set up for support
    My thoughts exactly..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Chars:
    Tyredrina
    Tyredrina2
    Trattnoob
    & misc

Nobody answered my question though.

Does it stop once you remove Zazen or does it stay a bit like the HD boost of MoK? "
    Please do take the time and at least try to the info yourself as it is readily available. Thats 15,429 healing on average over those 12 seconds.
    Last edited by Kazeran; Oct 7th, 2014 at 07:32:47.

Given the init/resists adjustment to mobs in the upcoming patch, and MA's capability for burst init debuffing, not to mention stuns, I could easily see MA becoming almost a necessary addition to endgame raiding to augment both healing support roles and damage mitigation roles.

From my experience on the test server, it's not easy to keep nano up while chaining Soul of rubi (obv MoK would be harder still), but I reckon it's easily possible with the reliance that is supposedly being built in to make nano regen a much more dedicated role.

It's obvious to me that some instances will require more than 1 doctor, unless the team is REALLY coordinated, and has a solid mix of secondary and tertiary damage mitigation measures at the ready... otherwise, most raids will have to settled for something along the lines of:

* primary mitigation (i.e. init debuffing, crat/shade/doctor)
    * secondary mitigation (i.e. Watch ward)
    * tertiary mitigation (i.e. reflects)
    * primary healing (i.e. doctor)
    * secondary/mixed secondary healing (i.e. zazen MA or 2+ advy)
    * nanoresist debuffing (NT/trader)
    * DPS (possibly covered already)
    * tank
    * CC (possibly covered already)

What's interesting, is that it seems pretty clear that the 4 man tank'n'spank setup won't fly... there just won't be enough mitigation to make things work with the increased damage dealing bosses will be doing paired with the lack of capability a crat will have to debuff a mob solo, paired with reduced HP on enfs.

Bare minimum I think most teams will look for EITHER reductions on resistance to make debuffing more efficient (i.e. NT), increased mitigation (WW, DVP, dedicated shade for 100% -1500 init procs), or significantly more healing capability, in which a second doc or zazen MA will be absolutely needed.

No matter what though, 18.7 is going to bring some serious shakeups to the 4 man dream team we've seen for so many years.

deleted
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 14th, 2014 at 23:53:23. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post

Why not give this thing to Advys and leave MA alone?
    Part 1, I would say it's a "support" OPTION for MAs when perhaps no doc around for team. I could see the MA being a great substitute with enfo using the new behe nanos with heal efficiency.

Part 2, advy's do have it. It's called tree morph form. Im surprised no one made that comparison yet.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Please do take the time and at least try to the info yourself as it is readily available. Thats 15,429 healing on average over those 12 seconds.
    Yeah sorry about that, i'm just coming back to the game and not familiar with the new databases.

That being said, that heal is really nice.

I guess one could go into the stance, cast it, then remove the stance nano and go on on their day?

Yeah sorry about that, i'm just coming back to the game and not familiar with the new databases.

That being said, that heal is really nice.

I guess one could go into the stance, cast it, then remove the stance nano and go on on their day?
    WARNING: Cancelling this nano formula will set the Martial Artist's Nano to 1 every second for 10 seconds.
    Not so much.

Nano cost values for heals need to be return to normal. Zezen needs to increase cost (+25) but give a ND buff (depends on your average MA ND). If the MA wants to make good use of Zezen they can swap some things to offset the nano cost if they don't they will have to deal with it.

Even if you your nano drops down to 0, you still get the HoT no? 2k HP every few seconds is still nice

only lasts 12 seconds.

It's not a sustainable way to play.

Solution is obvious and stated+restated several times.

So the rollback to 18.6 on the Testserver removed all balance changes including Zazen, yet i still have the (de)buff in my NCU. http://i.imgur.com/ttLfHbU.jpg
    Possible future change to Zaze? Ma debuff instead of Crit/Evades, this would open up many new options for a Healer.
    VV

Quote Originally Posted by Voyvovoy View Post
    So the rollback to 18.6 on the Testserver removed all balance changes including Zazen, yet i still have the (de)buff in my NCU. http://i.imgur.com/ttLfHbU.jpg
    Possible future change to Zaze? Ma debuff instead of Crit/Evades, this would open up many new options for a Healer.
    That is interesting.

It's still got the goddam nanocost backwards though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123