Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Testlive 18.7.0.17 Changes

hurray for debuffs!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

My thinking here is based on 2 things as the absolute core of what i am putting down here.

1) Can this be done quickly? 18.7 is the big start, its being tested right now. Anything we want done to our profession to improve it has to be something that one guy can hack together quickly. This is why i described the process of making the nano as much as described what it does. I see some effects that can, from my perspective, be taken apart like Legos, tweaked to do what we need and put it back together and run it. I imagined an idea that could at least give us something we really need, minimum effort on the developers from what i can see.

2)Will they like it? At the end of the day, we can talk ourselves until we turn blue, but the developers.are the ones who call the shots. They have made it plain that short duration debuffs are their direction. My thinking on debuffs is similar to X's, that the total effect isnt as much with the current debull lines, which initially, if you recall had such ludicrous cast times that if you needed that nano, you were already dead. To sum up, the entire debuff concept had such massive flaws in the beginning that everything has been a patch to it. Streamlining the whole process in a new, simpler design thst covers more bases and gives amore attractive options for MPs and the developers. The developers werent afraid of big numbers on our damage debuffs, but the scaling didnt quite make sense. Trim to one line, alter the scale of debuffing to react to this curve i have in mind that builds slowly and then towards the end rises drastically as the duration hits that sweet spot of 15 ish seconds the developers are aiming at for duration.

The developers have said they really dont like NSD. Ok, make a different line that does similar stuff but not quite. Nanodamage and healing eff are two of the big targets we are really after for debuffng. Ok, throw NSD out. Crezte a new line, hits those two points and only those two. You can still do other things, your nanoskills aren't wrecked. Scale it, like the other line, and as this line is both weaker and more powerful at the same time than NSD, balance needs to be carefully weighed. Make sure it can be used on mobs. I can recall a few encounters that would have gone better since NSD isnt the end all of debuffing.

Present something that both the developers and the MPs can agree on, and also something that can be done under the aegis of rule 1 above: can this be done quickly? I suspect it can, so i put this suggestion out to be considered again.

I really have to consider a lot of things here, so while stuff i think up may look unpalatable to some, the core idea is to compromise so all are at least satisfied, and to make it quick ro implement.

Here is my biggest gripe with all of this, from what i've read the devs dont want us to keep unmakes/dominates on TOP of no NSD. I have a HUGE problem with this considering they dont debuff as much as traders/shades can drain and transfer!!! So we have some watered down debuffs that don't even transfer any skills and it's being labelled for removal? WTF is that all about?

So is that supposed to be a fundamental shift in MP's to no longer primarily debuff nano skills? Considering traders debuff everything, if MP's only specialize in nano skill debuffs imo they should be 2x as effective in that regard on top of the fact we don't get any transfer for it. But maybe i'm crazy.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Oh gawd. Bad time to instal new computer. Gonna read it all soon(tm) and give my cents.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Here is my biggest gripe with all of this, from what i've read the devs dont want us to keep unmakes/dominates on TOP of no NSD. I have a HUGE problem with this considering they dont debuff as much as traders/shades can drain and transfer!!! So we have some watered down debuffs that don't even transfer any skills and it's being labelled for removal? WTF is that all about? So is that supposed to be a fundamental shift in MP's to no longer primarily debuff nano skills? Considering traders debuff everything, if MP's only specialize in nano skill debuffs imo they should be 2x as effective in that regard on top of the fact we don't get any transfer for it. But maybe i'm crazy.
    Hehe, this reply actually made me think, why not allow for an Mp Challenger like thing. A short and nanoskill centered that lasts a certain short amount of time in which we land "all" our nukes at the cost of not being able to use it for a decent lockout time after that. Then again that would probably more fit the NT as our nukes atleast at this moment and with coming changes arent that big.Aside from that little mindfart however i agree that the removal of unmakes/dominates is a very underestimated but also very important tool in the Mp repetoir. The way they have changed documented to come however the 150 debuff from MiMQ would be upgraded to 300. Which theoretically includes the Dominate. Now if that was the case then ur having a mini NSD, that might disallow the top nanos, but not the lower ones. Forcing an opponent to run on less power. The biggest problem however is the skill it takes to play an Mp. Weve always been relatively hard to play and it takes certain skill. With Sacrifical Shielding we lost out first bit of skill, because some used that as the only thing to cast and remain locked out for the rest of debuffs. If we loose variability that skill of playing goes further down the drain. Debuffs on an Mp have to stay a matter of quick thinking and right choosing. Mixing all nanoskilldebuffs together is mindnumbing and in the end boring.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910