Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arete quest list

Lightbulb Arete Quest List

This list is a brief guide to the quests in Arete.

Ingame Guide: In Chat type "/Aquest help". ( Aquest guide created by Justeli. It's great for fast info.)

For a detailed walkthrough look here at Blessedsilence's excellent guide:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...W-Starter-Isle

And Caloss2 has an excellent YouTube NPE series:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...k-of-Knowledge

Great ARETE MAPS!

http://b3sb4th.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3428

https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...Ka-update-v2-2

THIS LIST HAS SPOILERS

WANT TO SKIP ARETE? READ #19.

TIP: Are your team mates in different GS's? (instances) Have all team members go back in the shuttle where you start OR
    the Alien Ship (way SE from the beach) and reform team, then exit.

TIP: MAP: Press "P". Click the ! in upper left corner. Choose "Select Map/Saavick's" Drag corner to size it as you prefer. Much more detail then the default Map. Note in Arete it's not clear how good Saavick's map is but on mainland you'll be glad you did!

CUSTOM GUI: This one is very good: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...vetech-GUI-4-3 Most AO vets use it or AOU's

TALK TO EVERYONE WITH A BLUE NAME! Some will not respond for various reasons but quest/mission givers always have blue names.

The first nine quest givers are REQUIRED to get the ID Card that lets you leave Arete.
    Completing each mission then points you at the next one to be done.

Each has a Mission Marker showing as a yellow dot in your compass & an X on mini-map

MISSION & QUEST LIST:

1. Rex Larsson: (Start) Kill 5 bots then open a crate. Tip: stay up top killing bots until level 5. Much less pain, plus bots drop rings (which can be combined the make a better ring) armor (crap armor which is better then no armor) junk loot and the SHINY SWORD! (R-click sword to activate funny side quest) Note--the SHINY SWORD is a quest item and not a usable weapon.

2. Marcus Stone: Put out a fire w/ the extinguisher he gives you. There is an easy-to-target fire on top of the crates. Do his med quest too. Heal stims reward.

3. Flint Novak: he works for Fedex.... (go kill this, deliver that-- extra for overnight delivery) Kill 10 rats...er, spiders? No, it's bots again. Then deliver the bio analyzer that auto magically appears in your inventory to Alex.

4. Alex Gibbs: After hacking the FLYING spybot camera with the device she gives you, head to the office & plant bug in the potted plant. Do her trade-skill mission too. Junk Shop Terminal is behind her.

5. Stan Goodman: Wants you to steal something.

You'll need a lockpick which is sold in a Tech Supplies terminal--follow the mission marker to it.
    (But I'm at the lockpick marker & there's nothing here! Just a stupid ramp up... Doh!)

Okay, got the lockpick, (OW, stupid customer proof packaging! Oh, right click it) and following mission marker to the...nice doggy?

Okay, heading back down from the death respawn at the top and this time pressing "H"
    to turn on sneaking BEFORE I get to the doorway.

Note, the item you steal auto magically appears in inventory as soon as you open the chest.

When you turn it in He gets FOUR ITEMS BACK, not just one! Read what Stan says!

Update: The item is an "Antonio's Adaptation Factory". While Antonio does sell them you still need to do the steps in the quest to complete it.

6. Sara Greene: Wants her uber armor back (no you can't keep her armor, no really, YOU CAN NOT KEEP HER ARMOR!)
    which is under the deck on the dead thief--which is guarded by a Flea Boss. level 3 toons will probably die fast. level 6 should have no problems.

7. Vernon Godfray: Go hack a terminal. Social misfit. easy quest(s)

8. Doc Mason: Make an Implant. (Shades can't use implants. They get a pointer to Lady Sheila instead for their "spirits" quest.)

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!!!:

Follow the mission instructions EXACTLY. You will have to start over (yes, re-roll...or farm enough credits to bribe Vaughn Hammond) if you don't. Vets discovered this the hard way since his task is simple & easily shortcut.

*USE ONLY THE CLUSTERS SPECIFIED IN THE ORDER ASKED FOR!*

SHADES DO LADY SHEILA's QUEST INSTEAD.

9. Lorelei wants her pet bird, "Lolly" back. BUY THE COOKIE (From Lorelei), =TALK TO THE BIRD= Target Him (Yes, Lolly is a "Him") as he flies by and right click. He will drop to the ground. Click the hand icon & give him the bird! Erm, I mean cookie. Click the option "pick up the sleeping bird". "SLEEPING BIRD" NOW IN INVENTORY. COMBINE BIRD WITH CAGE (pick up bird then < shift + Rclick on cage> ), RETURN CAGE, DONE! 60 seconds to 3 minutes. OR you can chase Lolly & spam cage (target Lolly & Right click it) for 15 min if you really want to-- it does work sooner or later...usually later.

Lolly flies along the West shore in a loop from the GREEDY REET to the Bar and back. (60 sec? yes, really...if you run out of the bar and Lolly flies right into your face...OW! ) TA DA! You now are the proud owner of the required ID needed to exit Arete. Give the ID to NPC Vaughn Hammond who can be found on this same level over by the big ICC HQ sign.
    [COLOR=#FFFF00]

9.1 (Janos) is not required to get the ID card but you really really want to do this one.

Janos: Janos is inside the shuttle you just landed in-- Step on the blue dot on the ground to enter.

DO THIS ONE AFTER YOU GET TO LEVEL 5 AND GOING TO ICC!

(Yep, he has one of those annoying rules: "You must be this tall (Level 5) to get a straight answer from me.")

He wants you to deliver a package when you LEAVE Arete. Take it to RALPH who is in the Holodeck Building. It will be on the right as you leave the Arrival Hall-- hard to miss. You'll get a level & some credits. Then go talk to the other Blue names in that room.

These next five quest givers are vital but not required to leave. If you don't do them, your forehead is stamped with "GIMP"

10. Desmond Calistri: Time to plant your commie pinko imperialistic jackboots on the necks of Arete Workingmen!
    The quest is where you planted bug above. Shiny, very shiny BACK ARMOR reward.

11. Marco Spida:Buy Nanos (from the Nano Shop)-- your profession's starter nanos and a composite attributes nano

12. Remi Galois: PAID ONLY at the moment. I assume the reward will be either turned back on or obtained elsewhere for froobs.

Weapons Dealer Remi's Rocket Launcher test. Ranged & Melee & Specials Composite nanos reward. The Rocket Launcher Works now...and can be used for the mission. Update( as of July 2015): The scout mech does work again.

(Pssst: He sells weapons too...not very good ones mind you but still.)

13. Antonio Stacklund: Tradeskilling 4 times.

1. Upgrade weapon (you'll add about 1/3 more dmg & an extra special attack)

2. Make hud (+3 dmg all types & +10 Inits)

3. Make vest

4. Make Bracers.

First 2 are VITAL, latter 2 if needed. Note: Bracers add +3 poison dmg each--even for ranged!. turns you into a low level killing machine. The vest chest armor is the same one from the original newbie isle & was/is very good but with the revamped Sundance armor for paid players and new Newcomer's armor for everyone, it's lost some of its lustre.

14. Patrick Sun: Talk to him for 3 slot belt. You wont have to die...much. (I say we should be allowed to return the favor!), At the moment there is no ncu for sale in Arete but the lowest ncu drops from rats & bulls RARE!. When you leave Arete, get 3 free ncu 16's from Fia Lou in the Shopping Hall. Update: You can now get 3 ncu's (ncu 8's) from the Alien Team Mission as Emma noted

Rest are not vital but fun & useful.

15. Shady Guy: Car nano reward. OK it's not a Charon or Yalm but when you got nuttin, you take what you can get. (want to mug him too!) It also works in SL which is useful!

16. Leet King. I know, you always wanted play Cupid, well here's your chance to advance the cause of twoo Leet Love! ( Basic Fashion parts reward) One of the funniest quests. No Longer repeatable for xp. Killing him gave 1k xp up to lvl 20

17. Emiel Dijkman Farmer Southeast from the Greedy Reet. Have you considered a career in the food service industry? Well, now's your chance to become a renowned delivery professional.... (Basic Fashion parts reward again) & if you talk further to logistics manager-- he wants more then pocket change for something. repeatable

18. Lady Sheila: *Shades Only, all others use the servants entrance. The reward is a dupe of starter shade nano but explains more about soul capsules and spirits. It's the shade version of the Doc Mason quest above.

19. Lenora Marty, who roams around the merchants, has lost her Credit Card. Find it, return it to her and get a med suit and xp and 1k credits or RIGHT CLICK IT for 15k creds. The med suit is the better option for first timers. Oddly, 15k is the exact amount needed to bribe NPC Vaughn Hammond into letting you leave right away. The card, found below the deck, guarded by a Flea Gauntlet, is at Pos: 3451.4, 891.6, 9.1. At level 3 you will probably survive the flea gauntlet. At level one, just RUN to it, grab it & run like hell back out. If you die you'll respawn back at start. Of course at level one you'll max your run speed & body dev (press U for skills) before running. Vaughn Hammond can be found on the top level of the complex.

20. Aliens & Alien Team Mission. (FROOB FRIENDLY!) Aliens are Southeast...waaaay SE. See the bottom of the mini map? Go there. Paid players should kill aliens to AI level 2 or 3. Team Mission in ship is now fixed (What, you still want to face lvl 250 & level 300 guards on your lvl 15 character?) and there's a new prequel make-a-team quest that gives 3 ncu 8's. The general does drop bots. can't make AI armor in Arete yet as the ql100 tool is not available. All of the other components are. Tip: Turn off Fog in effects for a better visual experience. This mission is also repeatable as Revenant noted below.

21. Clan Sign up OR Omni Sign up. Going sided is required to use either the clan or omni vendor for the newcomer's armor badges. Arete is the only place to get them. Note, as a Neutral you can do BOTH sides' quests & get the shoulder pad armor for ea side. The sided recruiters & vendors are past Vaughn Hammond-- same level as Lorelei's Bar.

22. Finally, The Greedy Reet wants the One, the Only. the Magnificent SHINY SWORD! (Sword is way random drop. I've gotten it most from the bots while doing quest #1 but also from leets, reets, fleas, mini-bulls, waste collectors & a boss or two.) Composite nano-skills reward. Right click sword to activate mission. Very funny for long time players. NOTE: SWORD IS A QUEST ITEM NOT A USABLE WEAPON.

A few more tips:

DID YOU GO TALK TO JANOS? I see, you want all the mobs in the Subway to see the "KILL ME NOW" sign taped to your back. (only they can see it you know) What? Get mission. Turn in mission, get a level, creds, and a "commendation". Go to rewards terminal, buy the item that turns you invisible to all mobs but the one you're attacking. In other words, no getting bogged down by trash mobs. Note the similar items for higher level dungeons.

Making Money in Arete= Boss Loot. Specifically Rings. Flea Boss below Deck, Gnarl the Rollerrat (roams the beach) & the Saltworm (roams the lake) pop every 3-ish minutes. A "Ring of Luck" sells for 2k+ while the rest go for 300+. Don't waste space on crap armor loot, it sells for +/- 5 creds. The weapons & nanos are useful as shop food though...ONE weapon to keep & sell on GMI when you get to the mainland: Sol K91 pistol (also the K94). They sell for 1 to 5m creds in ql15 range. Making money on the mainland is much easier for paid players due to all the options available.

It's very useful for paid players to kill the alien Zix spiders for the 2 "free" AI levels. "Free" meaning one shot one kill zixes are a snap to grab enough ai xp for those levels. Your AI levels go to 30 & getting a head-start on them means less pain/more fun later on.

The mini-bulls you see on the way to the alien ship give the best xp to level from 8 to 16. After that, the leets will take you to level 20. Max level in Arete is 30. (Getting to 20 is easy but grindy. I don't see 30 as practical even if it is possible.)

Turn on Social Wear! (Press F10 & find it). The most important thing about AO is to have your characters looking sharp. (I'm SO GLAD I have the Atrox Thong Prevention Sunglasses! ). There is a practical reason to turn it on: emergency inventory space!!! There you are, inventory and back pack full of crap armor & monster parts & the mission you're trying to start says "you must have 1 space free!". Taking any armor/clothing out of inventory & wearing it on your social tab will free that space.

Shop Inventory turnover. (This applies more to mainland then Arete). If no one is IN the building then it refreshes every 2 minutes. If any one is present then every 15 minutes. (Fripping afk'ers!) If someone is holding a shopping terminal open then inventory in that terminal is on hold pretty much indefinitely.

Wildlife food chain: watch the saltworm wander over to near the Greedy Reet and chomp a hapless reet.
    Last edited by Literary; Feb 20th, 2018 at 03:12:42. Reason: Reminded players about Janos mission, minor text tweaks for clarity, added link to Arete Map, Saavick updated his map.

One more mission on Arete plus more for once you leave ...

There is an NPC near the arrival hall that gives a mission to find her purse in the Subway with a daily mission sized reward ... The subway looks great!! btw

There is an NPC somewhere in/near the Shopping building that gives a mission regarding the mail terminals ... very nice set of matching ncu for your belt.

TotW Windcaller NPC is hiding in the back of one of the small hut-sized buildings with a mission for access to ToTW.

Definitely worth talking with any NPC you see with a "blue" name.

Also be sure to explore the Holodeck bldg.

I also found a mission from the Alien npc While still on Arete that is not mentioned in the OP: Talk with her (while not teamed) and you get a mission to find a friend. Return to her after finding a friend & teaming with them ... you might need to both be nearby, not sure. Toon with the quest returns and receives a nano can with xp boost inside ... after using that on your teammate you both get an xp boost cast on you and the toon with mission gets three ncu with complit requirement equal to the 3 slot belt you received from the save terminal quest. This mission does not involve going inside to do aliens ...

You might edit your #14 or #20 or both ... to include the above for ncu while still on Arete ...

Emma

The Leet King mission is (still?) repeatable.

Ah, I meant repeatable for xp. Killing the king and repeating remi's mission were how I got my advy to lvl 26. King is now unkillable and can only do remi's once

The crashed alien ship team mission is repeatable.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Random Drop?

Has anyone found a Damaged Right-Arm Implant yet?
    Last edited by Auct; Sep 22nd, 2014 at 14:01:46. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    There is an NPC in ICC somewhere in/near the Shopping building that gives a mission regarding the mail terminals ... very nice set of matching ncu for your belt.

I also found a mission from the Alien npc While still on Arete that is not mentioned in the OP: Talk with her (while not teamed) and you get a mission to find a friend. Return to her after finding a friend & teaming with them ... you might need to both be nearby, not sure. Toon with the quest returns and receives a nano can with xp boost inside ... after using that on your teammate you both get an xp boost cast on you and the toon with mission gets three ncu with complit requirement equal to the 3 slot belt you received from the save terminal quest. This mission does not involve going inside to do aliens ...

Emma
    I was on TL yesterday and could not find the NPC Outside the Crashed Alien Ship on Arete. Was this quest for 3 NCU's to fit the 3-slot belt we get from the guy with the box on his head removed from Arete? Or, changed?

The NPC inside the ship still has discussion point about needing to go find a teammate, but it does not trigger a mission anymore, so no NCU reward.

Emma

Perhaps this should be "sticky'd" ? Or a version of it ... what with 18.7 patching to Live in a few days.

Emma

Prolly a good idea.☺ I won't be able to get back in the game until late next month... Possibly even later. can't update/revise list till then.
    Last edited by Literary; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:57:26. Reason: tyops

4. Alex Gibbs: after hacking camera, plant bug in the potted plant. Do her tradeskill mission too. Junk Shop is behind her.

The Tradeskill Mission helps you make a shoulder item with a Sense buff ... HOWEVER, it No Longer gives any appreciable XP for completing it. Repeating the mission no longer returns to you the cost of buying the parts ...

Emma

Where is the shiny sword for the greedy leet mission?

Quote Originally Posted by daxonkhaed View Post
    Where is the shiny sword for the greedy leet mission?
    It drops from leets.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

I can confirm all the quests are indeed there and do work I just got done doing them

Quote Originally Posted by daxonkhaed View Post
    I can confirm all the quests are indeed there and do work I just got done doing them
    Did you find a quest that gave the new composite nano with deflect, riposte & knife?
    Last time I went thru I could not find the 3 ncu's mentioned in #20 above. Did you find it?

Emma

The Leet King won't give a Bio Mesh, but in the second part of the quest (chocolates and flowers for the princess) parts for the Basic Fashion Armor. I did the Quest twice and got http://aowiki.eu/index.php/Social_Ar...tic_Fingertips and http://aowiki.eu/index.php/Social_Ar...rmostatic_Vest. The Bio Mesh is a reward from the Bronto Farmer which can be done several times.
    Last edited by Hupo; Apr 24th, 2015 at 09:23:32.
    DNW-Beta, April 2002. I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    12. (PAID ONLY at the moment. I assume the reward will be either turned back on or obtained elsewhere )
    Weapons Dealer Remi's Rocket Launcher test. Ranged & Melee AND Specials composite nanos reward. The RL Works now...and must be used for the mission. Using your scout mech no longer works.
    Used Heavymech, worked fine ^__^

I only have tablet/phone to post & edit for the next 4 (hopefully) weeks to 12 (GAH!) Weeks. So need help noting the changes & tweaks.

The Leet King one was/is a random basic fashion reward with a broken-as-intended loot table (prox 45% each shoes & fingers,& 9% sleeves & 1% others...my data comes from OCD'ing a character to level 26. :-D )

So...

Is #12 Remi's rocket launcher test still paid only? also it gave all 4 weapon skill nanos as a reward (2 composite ranged & 2 melee) so I'd expect that the one Emma asked about be one of the melee ones.

Can anyone confirm the state of the alien team / 3 ncu / xp mission?
    Last edited by Literary; Apr 24th, 2015 at 17:29:14. Reason: tyops

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    I only have tablet/phone to post & edit for the next 4 (hopefully) weeks to 12 (GAH!) Weeks. So need help noting the changes & tweaks.

The Leet King one was/is a random basic fashion drop with a broken-as-intended loot table (prox 45% each shoes & fingers,& 9% sleeves & 1% others...my data comes from OCD'ing a character to level 26. :-D )

So...

Is #12 Remi's rocket launcher test still paid only? also it gave all 4 weapon skill nanos as a reward (2 composite ranged & 2 melee) so I'd expect that the one Emma asked about be one of the melee ones.

Can anyone confirm the state of the alien team / 3 ncu / xp mission?
    I did the rocket launcher one with a paid toon yesterday and received the 4 weapon skill composites, but Not the new one with Deflect.

I also did the Find a Friend quest ... I was not in a team when I spoke with the NPC (do not know if this matters) but at least he was in the crashed ship entry room. When I eventually found someone to team with I did receive the 3 ncu, but my teammate did not get the XP boost. Is there a ncu requirement ... does the nano need room for it to land? My teammate was froob, if that matters.

Emma

edit: I did the Find a Friend again with 2 froobs today. It definitely works with froobs, but you need 4 ncu free for the XP boost to have room.
    Last edited by Emma; Apr 24th, 2015 at 18:24:20. Reason: need 4 ncu free

Great! (That the alien team mission is still froob friendly). Now need confirmation for froobs being able to do Remi's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast