Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Important Community Announcement

she probably wasnt even alowed to talk about certain things, because everything she says will be qouted into oblivion, specially promises.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    It is only nostalgia that makes people think I should come back. (Kind of you to remember my time at AO. I miss you all too. It was very tough to leave.)

While I did the best I could, empirically I wouldn't say I did a great job...or at least didn't lead the project to a significantly better state than when I took over from Craig. I had far more resources and freedom when I ran AO than any of my successors. The lack of freedom and resources in following years is probably directly related to the perception of how I ran the project and can't be pinned on the people who continued to carry the project in later years. My fault...not theirs. If not my fault...at bare minimum not close enough to justify a second attempt. My love of the product and dedication to the game might have been there...but my success in delivering what needed to be done never materialized. If I couldn't get the resources I needed to get things done...that is my fault and nobody else's. Ultimately, keeping the community well informed of failure is still failure. I m very proud of a lot of the things I added to AO...but it didn't exactly thrive during my tenure as GD.

Michi is good. He will work his ass off (as he always has) to make the game as good as he can with what he has. We are lucky to have him and I wish him and FC a long happy future on AO.
    I respect an honest man who takes responsibility for his actions.

That's a whole lot more then what your successors, Lindelu and Genele, did.
    They just made capital blunders, ruined the game, and then tried to sweep it under the carpet.
    The trillions of credits and stolen item shop goodies are still in the game today.
    What a monumental failure by them and by FC as a whole!

Good luck to you, Means!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    she probably wasnt even alowed to talk about certain things, because everything she says will be qouted into oblivion, specially promises.
    And she should! Every GD on every major game will be quoted into oblivion.
    That means that as a good GD you need to be honest and straight-forward with your player base and establish good relations with the community and it's representatives (professionals/community managers in our case).

If you decide to mismanage a game you should get flak for it. It's to be expected. She did.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Just a sidenote about previous GD's in AO.

I really liked Lindelu as a GD. She wasn't perfect (no one will be, not even Michi who has been my favorite Funcom employee to date). Somehow, in my mind, by the end of her time..her good over shadowed the bad and there isn't a single week that goes by that I don't say the phrase "yep, and that change is one of the reasons why I liked Lindelu". I can't say that for any other GD that has been around since I started in 2004. During her time I saw a lot of quality of life fixes. Perhaps those aren't as noticeable as major game system changes but I noticed.

Anyway, if you're reading this Lindelu, I'm sure I gave you a hard time but please know that your efforts were appreciated.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 2nd, 2014 at 21:24:42.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

In all honesty, I have to tip my hat to ANYONE who would put up with the flak on these forums as GD for AO. I sure as he11 wouldn't last more than a week or two before I told someone to take their negative nancy comments and shove 'em. But that is what those guys and gals get paid for I suppose. I can't really place any blame on any one GD or even collectively all of them.

What I can say is it would be much easier to stop feeding the sheeple and bluntly say how it is for better or worse. Based on current posts, that type of information must be "approved" by marketing? Seriously? Marketing must approve the monthly updates or posts in general? (facepalm)

Who is this marketing person/persons? Why don't they just write what they want us to know and cut out the middle man GD from taking the flak? Don't wizz on my back and tell me it's raining.

<On a side note can I get a macrosun t-shirt for my collection?>
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Hai Means!

One never forgets his first GD...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    The difference between you and other GDs or even developers is the simple fact that you're honest. Sure, a failure is still a failure, but it takes brass balls and good heart to say that directly to your playerbase.

While you may feel that the game didn't thrive during your time as GD, I can honestly say from my perspective that the community DID. We knew our voices were being heard, you'd occasionally pop into the game to deal with player problems and listen to us when we bombarded you in /tells. One of my best memories of you was when you teleported onto my org while we were wall killing TNH and said "I'll pretend I didn't see this", because we ALL knew how much you hated players doing that.

THAT is what separates you from the rest Colin, the fact that you are also human and that you're compassionate enough to have a huge love of the game and a huge love of it's playerbase.

I know that you can never come back, but in my eyes, you were the best we ever had and I wish you all the luck for the future in the industry.

That and you had fantastic hair...
    Lmao Raggy how the hell do you remember that. That was the funniest day of my life of AO though. Good times... I don't know much about the developement team, haven't heard much from any of them except from means.

Just like the day I caught Means hiding "Inside" the BS daily building. Got my Means t-shirt for finding him ^_^ As disgusting as it sound it has been on my Enfo ever since, but he's an atrox, can't blame him for not knowing how to take the shirt back off.

Fairwell to you two Genele and Macrosun. Hope the best for both of you but I wish AO all the luck and hope in the world right now. Hopefully Michi can pull things around and get some real changes going. The game is at a standstill right now. And it needs a serious jump start to get it back going. And nice seeing you around Means!

Goodluck Michi, you have a hell of a lot to do. I'd like to see my favorite game come back to life

I'm glad to see genele go. Ignoring a several year old bug, when it went out of control she said nobody will be punished for abusing it. After which she punished the entire nt playerbase (her words) by replacing the nuke with one that deals less than half it's original damage making the profession really weak, basically unplayable again. She did more harm than help in this game, gooooooood riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by raggy View Post
    the difference between you and other gds or even developers is the simple fact that you're honest. Sure, a failure is still a failure, but it takes brass balls and good heart to say that directly to your playerbase.

While you may feel that the game didn't thrive during your time as gd, i can honestly say from my perspective that the community did. We knew our voices were being heard, you'd occasionally pop into the game to deal with player problems and listen to us when we bombarded you in /tells. One of my best memories of you was when you teleported onto my org while we were wall killing tnh and said "i'll pretend i didn't see this", because we all knew how much you hated players doing that.

That is what separates you from the rest colin, the fact that you are also human and that you're compassionate enough to have a huge love of the game and a huge love of it's playerbase.

I know that you can never come back, but in my eyes, you were the best we ever had and i wish you all the luck for the future in the industry.

that and you had fantastic hair...
    qft.
    :E

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910