Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Important Community Announcement

Funcom employee

Hello everyone!

My name is Henry, though I'm perhaps more well-known around here as "Michizure." Thank you, Joel, for entrusting me with this role. It is very humbling to be handed these reins, particularly from Genele, who is and has been a great friend, colleague, and mentor to me during our shared time on the team. I will do my best to meet and surpass the expectations my predecessors have left behind, and continue keeping this project moving forward, with the added support of our Live Team.

It is difficult to see Genele and Macrosun leave the team. I can't begin to thank you both for all of your contributions to the project over the years, as well as the times you've assisted me when needed. I wish you both the best of luck with your return to Scandinavia; I look forward to paying you both a visit once you're all situated, and trying that kebab I've heard so much about.

Thank you again for allowing me to assume this role within the team. There are very large shoes to fill, with no shortage of goals to accomplish in sight, but this is a challenge that myself and the rest of the Live team is ready to meet and overcome. There is more I'd like to say, but we'll save that for this month's Game Director letter.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Old quote from Means:

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Whenever Macrosun is out of the office we have daily prayers/sacrifices that nothing breaks/fails in a horrible manner.
    Basically we're all doomed now when something goes wrong as I doubt this changed over the past few years.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Moving FC to North America has cost them some really great employees Biggest two losses now are Means and Macrosun, I'm sure there have been others.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Thank you Genele and Macrosun for your dedication to a game that spawned many of our first MMO experiences over a decade ago!

Welcome to Michizure and the other new team members coming in! Looking forward to the fresh ideas and input you will bring to our beloved world of Rubi-Ka!

Looking forward to the years ahead!
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Lols gg, how many are there in ao development now?
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

Holly........
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Sorry to see this. 8( Best wishes to you guys. Hope all goes well, and you can enjoy actually playing some AO in your free time instead of just working on it.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Yeah.... so everyone needs to breed-change to trox now, just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Now, do they have any AO players in main dev team? Will they start putting real effort in this game?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Bai Genele (and u other guy who I only know as a guy that was there) and hai Michi.

Revive the cyberpunk-theme? plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Oh f***...Macrosun is leaving? That's it...

Game over, man! GAME OVER!
    lol

Best of luck back in Sweden to Genele and Macro, and congrats to Michi! You will be awesome. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Genele, Macrosun.

What can one say? I hate to see AO loose devs, that's what 2/3 of dedicated AO team?

Thank you for all the good work you have done, I'll take 18.7 is 2/3 your work, so far my favourite patch. But I do feel sorry seeing you go.

Michizure, the first dev I ever saw on Testlive. Loved him ever since.

Welcome sir lead AO developer.

So mixed emotions, changes are good, new blood is good, but old blood leaving is still blood-letting.

Best of luck. All 3 of you especially Michi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    congrats to Michi! You will be awesome. =D
    Now come on Kintaii, you know better than to encourage that big dumb trox.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Congratulations to Michizure, and best of luck to Genele and Macrosun. I can't thank you enough for the work you've done on my favorite game. <3
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

What an announcement. Congratulations Michi!

It was just last night on Teamspeak that I was telling some of the people there how excited I was to see you back on the scene with AO because you exemplified my expectations for a Game Dev. Before you arrived I'd honestly almost given up hope. You have excellent communication skills and your gameplay designs (that I've seen thus far) have been entertaining and in the spirit of the AO I've always loved. I know you're going to be super busy but please find a way to continue your own tradition of clear and regular communication with us

Despite my harsh criticisms, I'm sure that Genele put forth her best efforts with AO.. honestly she got handed a mess to begin with. I wish Genele and Macrosun the best in whatever it is that they choose to do as they return home.

But yeah, woot woot!! Can't wait to see you turn this ship around Michi! This news made my weekend.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Bye guys!
    :-( good luck and thank you for all you have done to keep the life support going.
    Theo
    -- Unit Leader of Nocturnal Fear --
    -- Long term friend of The Velvet Glove --

So long and thanks for all the fish!

(Seriously, good luck in whatever the future holds you two... and grats Michi )
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Here's a thought: now that the one person most intimately familiar with the new engine is leaving, and given how far it has to go before being ready even for test, and now any improvements will have to wait for a hiring process and a long code study, maybe this is a good opportunity to just scrap the whole thing and start focusing on things like a new breed, new expansion, redesign of common areas within the limits of the current engine, and such? I mean FC has been cursed with bad luck over and over again with this engine, at this point I'd just say the fates are against it and completely forgive you if you threw in the towel on it.

Either way, Gz Michi, glad to see FC's best and most thoughtful public face in years take the helm.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Very much looking forward to this month's Game Director letter, and gz michi. (even though i belive you killed me on test once or twice)
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Aug 22nd, 2014 at 19:22:58.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast