Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Important Community Announcement

going to miss macrosun. so now that means the size of the ao dev team is 1.

first action on the job is to rewind 18.7 nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    going to miss macrosun. so now that means the size of the ao dev team is 1.

first action on the job is to rewind 18.7 nonsense?
    I believe they said it was going to be reviewed. I think it's clear from the FC operated posts on forums currently they are taking ideas of how to improve, refine it.

Cool Good Luck!

Congrats to Genele and Macrosun on your new jobs. Best wishes to both of you.

Regards,
    Cago30
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Will miss both of you, Genele and Macrosun.

Congrats, Michi!
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Time for BBQ actions! Oh yesch!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    , because Macrosun was the technical coordinator on the new engine, it causes some challenges on the code side. It will take our live coders some time to get themselves acquainted with the engine and all that it entails. The beta will remain up and running and we hope to get past beta status as soon as we can.
    Why's that then? We've been assured for months that the new, shared 'Live' team was pooling resources and working across all titles. So why is Macrosun the only person in the know? In addition, what happened to succession planning. FC seems to have truly awful turnover of staff, but there is plenty of evidence that no one ever plans for succession. I'd get shot for ignoring that topic.

Not being a coder or working in the industry, I look forward to an illumination.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

In my opinion, just putting it out there, this is a wonderful opportunity to utilize the dedication and talents of your community in the vein of Docaholic. SOE's Player Studio is allowing EQ and EQ2 players to create new game content and assets, something along those lines would suit AO very well. We have some truly talented folks in the playerbase and I think it would be both wise and prudent, financially speaking, to utilize that. Two cents proffered.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

hrrm. they leave us the day after grant, tori, and kari leave mythbusters. I don't think this is a coincidence..... these five are up to something.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

they gonna test a myth about nanodetonatorbomb, just like in that horrible excuse for a game "Deus Ex invisible war"
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Best wishes for your future endeavours Genele and Macrosun. Thankyou for the effort you have given AO.
    Refractal ~ Nano Tech
    Sunless ~ Shade

Grats Michi !
    Igoros, Adventurer
    Igoroc, Enforcer
    Igorus, Keeper
    Igorac, Doctor
    Igoras, Fixer
    Igoris, Soldier
    President of Phoenix

Oo What a turn of events.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

I wish you both the best of luck in your new endeavours, thank you for your efforts at Funcom and on Anarchy Online.

Congrats Michi; moving up in the world. ^^

Good luck
    -Trony-
    Doctrony - 220/30 Doctor
    Neurix - 100/10 Nano-Technician

"The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is
    accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves"
    - Lao Tzu

...and next week (August 27th) comes Funcom's Q2 Report.

funcom nv (FUNCOM:Oslo)
    Operating Profit/Net Income (annual)
    2007: -6.73M
    2008: -26.71M
    2009: -10.8M
    2010: -0.6M
    2011: -16.3M
    2012: -62.2M
    2013: -4.5M
    Q1 2014: -0.624M

Going "strong" for seven years straight!
    I'm wagering 1B credits that it's going to be negative yet again.
    Anyone want to take that bet?
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    hrrm. they leave us the day after grant, tori, and kari leave mythbusters. I don't think this is a coincidence..... these five are up to something.
    Tori Kari and Grant left? aww crap no!

On the subject of AO, i cant complain about Michizure being in charge. I also cant really complain about Genele leaving, ive never shared her 'vision' for AO, but Macrosun? this is bad, really bad that right in the middle of getting the new engine live the one guy who understands the old code really well leaves...

Oh and Joel, get your facts straight, 18.7 better not have been planned to go live this month, not after Michizure told us that none of the current changes were going live before player feedback was assessed and more changes could be made. Hard to see that all being done inside a week.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

oh Lindelu on forums, still in funcom?

Well this means that things will take allot longer before we can see any updates..

Michizure = perfect guy for the jobb. Never to Asian enough

I don't know what is going on in the top section of Funcom, what i understand is that they dont give the workers the right "carma" they need. Maybe why great developer as Microsun left. I don't know.

What i hope for is that they find a dedicated c++/c developer that have good experience with design patterns how to structure codes for mmorpg development (not just to make things work). So that we can have a more dynamic AO with new engine and new content easy to implement. There are so many tricks they can use, there are no excuse to say.."but the game is a beast and large", ever time i hear this, i know we are talking about spaghetti codes. And it doesn't have to be this way.

If your lucky enought to get 2. They should split the work like this:

Dev 1. Work with structure and optimizing
    Dev 2. Converting old logic to new logic based on what Dev1 does.

You don't need 3 developers. (and designer are not dev :P unless your like me).
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 23rd, 2014 at 11:40:42.

funcom has beeing doing good latly as a company if you didnt know.
    eve online was about to be dead once, they got like many hundred thusands of players back after they tried to change.
    i dont see why funcom cant do the same, gues we gotta be patient, but i wish funcom could thow in some extra time into ao.

simple logic here:
    1 guy work on a game for 6 years = populatios dies since it takes time
    2 people work on the game for 3 years = population isnt decreased that much.
    it would cost the same to pay 2 guys to get the job done in 3 years than haveing 1 guy do the work in 6 and they wouldnt lose that many subscribers.

now i dont suggest haveing 1 or 2 people, but the logic i try to show is that it could been more money saved by haveing more people to work on the stuff and get the engine/balance stuff out earlyer without loosing subscribers = money
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 23rd, 2014 at 13:10:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    oh Lindelu on forums, still in funcom?
    Multiple former FC employees still post on the forums. You will note their background color is darker and they no longer have the Funcom tag on their posts. This includes Lindelu, Kintaii, Vhab, and on rare occasions Means.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

i should have a funcom tag

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast