Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Important Community Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone!

My name is Henry, though I'm perhaps more well-known around here as "Michizure." Thank you, Joel, for entrusting me with this role. It is very humbling to be handed these reins, particularly from Genele, who is and has been a great friend, colleague, and mentor to me during our shared time on the team. I will do my best to meet and surpass the expectations my predecessors have left behind, and continue keeping this project moving forward, with the added support of our Live Team.

It is difficult to see Genele and Macrosun leave the team. I can't begin to thank you both for all of your contributions to the project over the years, as well as the times you've assisted me when needed. I wish you both the best of luck with your return to Scandinavia; I look forward to paying you both a visit once you're all situated, and trying that kebab I've heard so much about.

Thank you again for allowing me to assume this role within the team. There are very large shoes to fill, with no shortage of goals to accomplish in sight, but this is a challenge that myself and the rest of the Live team is ready to meet and overcome. There is more I'd like to say, but we'll save that for this month's Game Director letter.
    Welcome back Henry ... I will have to pull out my Michizure shirts!

I wish you the best Genele & Macrosun, in your next project.

Michizure ... I would suggest a good pair of running shoes ...

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    Yea except this new person won't be a player most likely. I wonder what's better, a brilliant coder who has never seen AO or an average programmer who knows how to get a +10 ring on a level 1 char?
    Knowing the game and AO code are totally different things. Macrosun's departure seems as a huge loss atm. The end results might be something completely different. One person did the code. Now with the unfortunate absence of Sir Macro... FC will be forced to put a few coders on the team. Soon as they learn AO hyroglyphics...

Just kill the poor thing already...
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by teysor View Post
    Just kill the poor thing already...
    No need to kill it Rather, free it. After all, I doubt AO has brought any financial benefits to FC in a while (and I'm doubtful 18.7+ will change that drastically).
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

*waves-bai* Best of luck Genele & Macrosun and thanks for your wonderful work on AO. You will be missed.

*waves-hai* Well, Michizure, storm the content and gogogo! Hope you won't find too many stoppers.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    typical ana, always forgetting about me.
    Its not my fault your background isn't correct.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    Yea except this new person won't be a player most likely. I wonder what's better, a brilliant coder who has never seen AO or an average programmer who knows how to get a +10 ring on a level 1 char?
    Michizure isn't exactly "new". He was an ARK for years, as a Bughunter/Exploits ARK, ending as the ARK Bughunter Assistant Director before becoming employed at Funcom. He was also the Boss of Me for a while (after Vhab) until Sezmra superceded him in that role.

That's what I know personally, and ARK always recruits from the player base, so yes he has a player history.

Here's the oldest public thread I can find from him with a cursory search:
    Getting around on Testlive
    Last edited by Anarrina; Aug 26th, 2014 at 16:19:11.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Good luck in your future endeavors to both of you!

This will lead to changes for the development of Anarchy Online for sure.
    Will Funcom replace the people they lost on the AO dev team?
    Should they decide not to do it, it will for sure be the nail in the coffin for the game.

Essentially the company leaders have to decide if they will go for it (the show must go on) or consolidate the dev teams to some other projects and phase out AO. I believe the most important factors are:
    1) How much income the game delivers to the company.
    2) What people they can attract for the positions.
    3) Once people are in place what effort is required to bring some new life in the development?
    4) A part of the company spirit/IP will die with the game.

I respectfully wish that you at Funcom will take the right decisions regardless the outcome.

Cheers,
    iLeet
    Last edited by iLeet; Aug 25th, 2014 at 19:00:11.

Just looking at 18.7, like LE ship docking pad.. mm new artists are good sometimes.

New coders? Who knows, whenever there is issue I cannot code myself out of... outside help is most welcome, fresh eyes fresh views usually bring better new things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Michizure isn't exactly "new". He was an ARK for years, as a Bughunter/Exploits ARK, ending as the ARK Bughunter Director before becoming employed at Funcom. He was also the Boss of Me for a while (after Vhab) until Sezmra superceded him in that role.

That's what I know personally, and ARK always recruits from the player base, so yes he has a player history.

Michi know the game for sure. The problem is the amount of people that left AO already, the people working on AO AND players. Each page on Community Corner there is a Goodbye Thread. How can we expect to see something coming out from this situation? (not even talking about the quality)
    Wake up ^^ Make a Kickstarter Campaign. Most of us throw 100 Euros each year for a 13 years old Game. Is there many games that manage to survive so long with this kind of subscription? Without mostly any compensation about our fidelity?? Please :X
    Last edited by dritst; Aug 25th, 2014 at 21:52:49.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Michizure isn't exactly "new". He was an ARK for years, as a Bughunter/Exploits ARK, ending as the ARK Bughunter Director before becoming employed at Funcom. He was also the Boss of Me for a while (after Vhab) until Sezmra superceded him in that role.

I thought they were talking about the hypothetical new hires Funcom may or may not be making, not Michi.

Michizure isn't exactly "new".
    And? Is he the guy who completely ruined totw? totw-twinks been pretty much unemployed, since LE actually, and with the overpowered som-weapons. rly dislike how some people (don't know who) dumb down AO in the name of carebearism. Guess it's a company-thing.

Good luck and have fun Genele & Macrosun, AOUniverse wishes you both well.

And good luck to you too Michizure, you're gonna need it!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

To bad that genele and macrosun leaves the company good luck with the things u will do after this .

Now when Michizure has taken over , funcom can pull out the plugg from the game becouse he will let players use more dirty tricks in the game now ,

scrap all the 'live' work, rewind a few updates, save anarchy online.

*snip*
    Sorry I was talking about whoever you hire from the job advertisement and/or the coders from the other games. Many apologies to Michi if this wasn't clear. I have nothing but respect for him
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Good luck to you both on your european adventures.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    oh Lindelu on forums, still in funcom?
    Hi you too (: Nope as Ana said I'm not working for fc now, although my heart is still there.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Hi you too (: Nope as Ana said I'm not working for fc now, although my heart is still there.
    was happy for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I think u were one of the best, or promising. That xpanshn u talked about years ago...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast