Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Important Community Announcement

I think a lot of this can be traced back to the time Mgmt decided to cut costs by relocating 1st to Canada, then to consolidate in the US, still with teams primarily composed of ppl who signed on back in europe.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Gonna miss chatting with you both Macrosun and Genele!

Macro thanks for helping me with programming assingments I had at university, and Genele for all the discussions about NW and sub tl7 PvP. Going to miss you both very much indeed. Also gonna miss hax0r, he was such a kindered soul, not the brightest but he had his heart in the right spot.

Darkempire
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Gee, no fanboi wanted to take my 1B credits bet? I'm so disappointed!

funcom nv (FUNCOM:Oslo)
    Operating Profit/Net Income (annual)

2004: +1.2M
    2005: -1.5M
    2006: +0.6M (that was the last time the company actually returned a profit for a full year)
    2007: -6.7M
    2008: -26.7M
    2009: -10.8M
    2010: -0.6M
    2011: -16.3M
    2012: -62.2M
    2013: -4.5M
    Q1 2014: -0.6M
    Q2 2014: -1.4M (what a surprise!)

Over the last 10 years, Funcom had losses of about 131.3M vs. 1.8M in profits.
    Of course, Funcom keeps printing shares and KGL Investments keeps buying them.
    Well, KGL is damned if they do and damned if the don't (FC goes belly up otherwise).
    But perhaps the losses are a good tax write-off for KGL, who knows?

I've said it before, AO doesn't have a problem, but Funcom certainly does!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

It's not been a secret that FC has been under the poorest of management in the last many years. A bunch of greedy fellows who tried way too hard but had no idea what they were doing have resulted in a company that exploded and imploded, because it was so out of control.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom in Norway is in trouble, due to many shareholders, CEO and key employers are under investigation by Norwegian economic crime division. Because these guys are actually making alot of money for manipulating the market.

Long story short, if you want to make money, buy Funcom shares when they are about to release a new game title, then sell or short sell right after the game has been released to the market.
    Former Funcom CEO did that.

PS: incase for being accused for trolling by Funcom moderators, and getting infractions due to their lacks of knowledge, heres source:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ng-Allegations
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Funcom in Norway is in trouble, due to many shareholders, CEO and key employers are under investigation by Norwegian economic crime division. Because these guys are actually making alot of money for manipulating the market.

Long story short, if you want to make money, buy Funcom shares when they are about to release a new game title, then sell or short sell right after the game has been released to the market.
    Former Funcom CEO did that.

PS: incase for being accused for trolling by Funcom moderators, and getting infractions due to their lacks of knowledge, heres source:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ng-Allegations
    old news
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

Agree that this isnt hot news, but the investigation is still ongoing.
    I also find it funny the majority of AO gamers keeps flaming Funcom developers, designers and game directors for doing a bad job without taking these circumstances into consideration.
    Its like flaming the poorest part of Africa for being poor, without understanding their background history.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Aug 28th, 2014 at 03:34:21.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

BAM!

BRIEF-Funcom says Q2 revenue USD 3.2 million
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    I think a lot of this can be traced back to the time Mgmt decided to cut costs by relocating 1st to Canada, then to consolidate in the US, still with teams primarily composed of ppl who signed on back in europe.
    This.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    BAM!

BRIEF-Funcom says Q2 revenue USD 3.2 million
    You forgot to paste the whole thing

* Says Q2 revenue USD 3.2 million versus USD 5.5 million * Q2 EBITDA loss USD 484,000 versus USD 1.3 million * Says sees operating costs to be in line with or increase compared to last
    quarters * Q2 EBIT loss USD 983,000 versus loss USD 253,000 *

So that's drop in revenue and still in loss
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by teysor View Post
    You forgot to paste the whole thing

* Says Q2 revenue USD 3.2 million versus USD 5.5 million * Q2 EBITDA loss USD 484,000 versus USD 1.3 million * Says sees operating costs to be in line with or increase compared to last
    quarters * Q2 EBIT loss USD 983,000 versus loss USD 253,000 *

So that's drop in revenue and still in loss
    Dammit don't spoil it.

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Michi know the game for sure. The problem is the amount of people that left AO already, the people working on AO AND players. Each page on Community Corner there is a Goodbye Thread. How can we expect to see something coming out from this situation? (not even talking about the quality)
    Wake up ^^ Make a Kickstarter Campaign. Most of us throw 100 Euros each year for a 13 years old Game. Is there many games that manage to survive so long with this kind of subscription? Without mostly any compensation about our fidelity?? Please :X
    Let's start a KICKSTATER Campaign for AO!!!! (trace the $!!!!)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    This is probably the clearest message we've had to date that continued development of AO is a lost cause.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The very best that we can hope for at this point, is to keep the game open and playable for a few more years. To do this, you need to cater to the needs of present and past players. Forget trying to bring in the WoW generation. Forget about the new engine. Forget about Steam. Do what you can to fix the new player experience, leveling and itemization. Do what you can to add new content. Do what you can to balance professions. Eliminate all expansion locks, make the game truly free to play with an expanded item shop.

Anything else is going to be an utter waste of time and money.
    agreeing and summing up:
    - full content for everybody,
    - fluff for money (item shop or sub=not otherwise buyable fluff)
    - steam - why not?
    - expand item shop, get us costumes, vehicles, FLUFF nanos for reasonable prizes
    - i dont really care for the engine, as the game already has a kind of nostalgic beautyfull graphics which i do like.. build on it!
    (on the other side a korean studio would retweak all the models in a matter of weeks)

and the most important thing - MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE ON THE NEW GENERATION COMPUTERS (win 8+)

If this game went down the hill when Sirrilon left, imagine now when theres what? 2 dudes working on it...

R.I.P

Holy cheez-its there's actually hope for AO with Michi at the helm and fresh talent.
    Last edited by dexiecane; Aug 29th, 2014 at 07:02:31.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

Quote Originally Posted by dexiecane View Post
    Holy cheez-its there's actually hope for AO with Michi at the helm and fresh talent.
    You think it's easy to find really good programmers that want to work on a 12 year old spaghetti code project? They'd had to be offered lots of money (which fc i guess can't offer) or really be in love with AO for some odd reason ...
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by dexiecane View Post
    After running the probability numbers the result says: HIGH.

haters gonna hate.

I asked girlfriend if I can apply for senior C++ coder in USA... on a "game"...

Response was.. seriusly? You wanna now work on that game too?

So much about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by dduath View Post
    agreeing and summing up:
    - full content for everybody,
    I agree full content for everybody that PAYS for it. How else do you think people will continue to work on it? They aren't doing it for free.

Other than frustration pay is probably the main reason we keep losing devs, and directors. There is a certain amount of PAY these people require to deal with the hard to work with code and nasty forum posts they see daily.

Seriously I wouldn't do it unless the pay were upwards of 60k per year minimum, only because I like AO. I certainly would go all Madea or Katt Williams on some of the posters.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Wow, be away for a week and chaos happens! Why it's almost like anarchy.

Thank you Genele and Macrosun. Good Luck!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast