Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Important Community Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Wow, be away for a week and chaos happens! Why it's almost like anarchy.

Thank you Genele and Macrosun. Good Luck!
    The Batman needs to return to Gotham and write a strong worded letter to the people that left Anarchy Online behind after Shadowlands. We need to move the IP of this game over to Red Thread Games before Gotham is run over by evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by teysor View Post
    You think it's easy to find really good programmers that want to work on a 12 year old spaghetti code project? They'd had to be offered lots of money (which fc i guess can't offer) or really be in love with AO for some odd reason ...
    I never said it was easy. It's an extremely tough job and a huge undertaking, but that doesn't mean it's not doable with the right people funneling the same goals, creativity, drive, and integrity towards a path that would salvage AO. I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that at least one of the new dev hires should be in love with AO for some odd reason. I do not foresee a large amount of applicants who are unfamiliar with the game, given that the job posting details for the Durham office is literally four sentences long.

Of course, this could all turn to **** in a heartbeat, too.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

Congratulations Michi

Thank you Macro and Genele for your years of selfless dedication and tireless efforts that will never be fully understood or appreciated . I'm pretty sure that Macrosun holds the record for most years on AO of anyone who was ever involved (might be a close one depending how long Andre worked on it before it was released). I'll look forward to buying you both some well deserved pancakes in Stockholm.

Michi! Congratulations on your new role. The spirit of AO is in good hands.

If you ever need anything just let me know.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Thank you Macro and Genele for your years of selfless dedication and tireless efforts that will never be fully understood or appreciated . I'm pretty sure that Macrosun holds the record for most years on AO of anyone who was ever involved (might be a close one depending how long Andre worked on it before it was released). I'll look forward to buying you both some well deserved pancakes in Stockholm.

Hello old friend!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Pony.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Pony.
    Neigh.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Neigh.
    Check your facebook.

Please, come back to AO.
    After you left, the gave have gone downhill every month.

Before, we had a "FWM" every week. now we get an update every two months if we are lucky.

I created a Kickstarter thread a year or two ago, to get you back, but the moderators here deleted it i think.. Anyway. Get back!

PS: I'm sure Michizure will do a very good job. his my 2. favorite after you (Means). So, Michi in charge will for sure be a good solution.

Anyways: Macro and Genele. Take care, and perhaps we see each other if you visit Norway some time.

Take care both of you.

Edit: Yes, i made a new acc with subscription to post this message.

Oo Come back Means AO needs you.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post
    thank you macro and genele for your years of selfless dedication and tireless efforts that will never be fully understood or appreciated . I'm pretty sure that macrosun holds the record for most years on ao of anyone who was ever involved (might be a close one depending how long andre worked on it before it was released). I'll look forward to buying you both some well deserved pancakes in stockholm.

Michi! Congratulations on your new role. The spirit of ao is in good hands.

PLEASE COME BACK MEANS, WE BLOODY MISS YOU!

please

Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by raggy View Post
    please come back means, we bloody miss you!

please

/qft

Yeah this ship really needs a captain to go down with it and stuff.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I'm part of the less vocal group of people that doesn't particularly miss Means as a GD. Please do NOT come back as a GD. Be something else but too much power was, for you, too much as far as I'm concerned.

Have a nice one!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Equip some overpowered GM items on my characters, thanks.

First time a GD has ever left us without a goodbye post.....
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Can I has ur stuff?

Lol rip ao For real this time

Wtb Means back, michi can be good. he has ben talking on forums atleast wich makes me happy.
    a honest director would help that doesnt try to hide if things goes realy bad etc.
    if he said ok guys.. next patch will take 10 years to release then ok i wont complain, atleast i wouldnt wait mounth after mounth to think maybe it comes next mounth..
    i think the biggest problem with the directors is that they cant tell anyone how things realy are and how long they belive a release of a patch, engine etc can take.
    i am realy curious what michi will write in his first post as director, i just hope we can get a honest eta on when things may come and not the good old ''Coming soon''

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i think the biggest problem with the directors is that they cant tell anyone how things realy are and how long they belive a release of a patch, engine etc can take.
    Why tell the truth? Isn't it better to tell the donkey that there is a carrot in the near future, and when you finally get there you make up a new carrot in the near future?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Was this the final two nails in the coffin? We'll find out "soon"!
    ಠ_ಠ

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast