Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2014

Welcome
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Thumbs up Michi!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new promotion! You will do great work!
    Catpuccino 220 MP

Funcom employee

Thank you everyone for the welcomes

Quote Originally Posted by Kuingar-1 View Post
    In all seriousness, though, do you hate Neutrals?
    Nope, I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Will there be pony?
    I can only promise pink silvertails.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Upcoming Developer Update? Is that just the next monthly letter or is there something else/sooner planned?
    At the time of writing this, I was thinking of the September letter. I am not opposed to writing more regular updates, though for the moment, I'll probably only go off the monthly schedule to introduce something that is new to the game, e.g. new Inferno missions.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

<3 Michi! Nice post and smart choices!! All hail the Michi!!!

I think I still need your t-shirt also...When and where can I chat spam you???
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Congratulations Mich, I am very happy to see you in the position you are in

I did have some questions when you have some time.

1) What is the current status of AO employment? Do you have a number on how many active developers there are?

2) If AO is the only FC game that is still accruing money, why aren't more developers being pulled off of other FC games?

3) Is it difficult to simply increase the xp gained in RK missions so that it is an alternative to ely heck kiting? This would benefit the fr00bs as well because they would have more people to play with.

4) Since the underlying code is already in place for 'The Collector' instance, is it plausible to simply create a similar, lower level instance for fr00bs and sub-TL 7 characters? 'Twinks' are a very real element in this game. I know you gear most instances for end-game status, but lower levels are fun as well. Creating a similar, lower-level instance would permit more fr00b incentive to purchase the expansions, more paid player and fr00b cooperation and involvement, and serve as an alternative to RK missions for leveling.

I know you have a lot on your plate, and as a Software Engineer, I know the time it takes to plan and implement changes, but when you find some time, would you mind answering these?

Thank you kindly,
    -Bluecheeze

hy michi, i remember you lurking on test server
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Hello Michizure! I have a personal question to you; As a AO player, do any of your AO buddies know about your position in the FC devlopment? Or do you remain completely anonymous regarding that? If so, do you listen to a lot of what your org mates and other friends talk about regarding the game for your own benefit of improving the game further?

This question always got me wondering how a developer actually plays the game..

Do you play PvP frequently, in a high level, do you have any remarkable twinks in the game which are quite known in the community? (No names needed, just curious on how dedicated you are to your beloved game now that you are a dev.)

Thank you for taking the GD position, I have faith in you, don't lose it & good luck!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Yay.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

Nice, it's surprising how much of a difference it makes when people are given feedback.
    Good job so far, please keep going.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I like this let te ppl vote for what they want next thing, i hope you can keep up with it
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Please bring back the possibility to do three BS dailes. This change killed BS.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Welcome aboard and congrats again, Michizure.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Welcome to the captain's chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Starphoenix View Post
    Please bring back the possibility to do three BS dailes. This change killed BS.
    They should make battlestations appeal to pvpers not just those who are there to get the daily xp+vp and gtfo.

Pvp in this game is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Hail to the king, baby!

Goddam Psikie. Please don't badger him with requests for more stupid, insignificant items like T-shirts.

If the community can do ONE good thing for michi, it'll be to give him a bit of time to acclimatize, read all the balance requests, and hopefully bring his own balance/insight to it and get down to business.

If we actually want to see balance/NPE/new infer missions/whatever, don't badger him with inconsequential stuff that will just add to the "needs coding" pile.

Welcome aboard Michi, great to see an old face gracing the studios.

Cool Congrats to Michizure!

Michizure,

Congratulations! We look forward to the progress you can bring to this game. I will try and give you all the support and feedback as I can!

Regards,
    Cago30
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Nope, I do not.
    Upon this statement I pin all of my neutral hopes and dreams.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Synnor View Post
    "August" update posted in September...

And i was looking for it in late July!
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast