Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2014

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    I just resubbed after a 6'ish year break. Played since launch before that. I am pretty impressed with the dev conversation and openness in this thread. Refreshing. May not be answers everyone likes but better than hearing crickets.
    Agreed.

I'd rather hear bad news, than no news. At least you know there's someone awake on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Despite the fact that a large amount of the posts on the AO forums are not actually trolls (outside of LoRK). I fail to see how not having a sub reduces the veteran knowledge that a huge majority of the posters have.
    I'm sorry if that struck a chord, it was not directly aimed at anyone in particular. Just a random internet quote I found amusing.

With no vested interest in the current game (ie subscription) there is not much weight to complaints made by non subscribers.

It's like going into a bar... not to drink but solely to complain about them not stocking a particular brand of whiskey. Makes no sense to me at least. I can't see why anyone would waste their time.....unless they had nothing better to do with life.

Not directed toward anyone but it is amusing to read the complaints by the knowledgeable vets that state FC never listens to players, but they keep posting anyway and when changes come FC almost always gets it wrong. Just ironic amusingly ironic.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I'm sorry if that struck a chord, it was not directly aimed at anyone in particular. Just a random internet quote I found amusing.

With no vested interest in the current game (ie subscription) there is not much weight to complaints made by non subscribers.

It's like going into a bar... not to drink but solely to complain about them not stocking a particular brand of whiskey. Makes no sense to me at least. I can't see why anyone would waste their time.....unless they had nothing better to do with life.

Not directed toward anyone but it is amusing to read the complaints by the knowledgeable vets that state FC never listens to players, but they keep posting anyway and when changes come FC almost always gets it wrong. Just ironic amusingly ironic.
    Honestly, using your own analogy, it's like going into a bar to let the bartender know that the reason you don't come to drink there anymore is because you don't like the colour of paint on the wall and the fact the toilets are never cleaned.

While the bartender promises that those things are going to be sorted soon, the customer keeps poking his head through the door every now and then to see if hes actually done it.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Honestly, using your own analogy, it's like going into a bar to let the bartender know that the reason you don't come to drink there anymore is because you don't like the colour of paint on the wall and the fact the toilets are never cleaned.

While the bartender promises that those things are going to be sorted soon, the customer keeps poking his head through the door every now and then to see if hes actually done it.
    This is how I feel. 10 years of ao subs for my main toon to be practically erased. (NT)

Please sort out my NT, I want reason to come back to AO

Yabut some of the "customers" just poke their head to troll. As do some of the "customers" still drinking. Just like in any other game forum* most posters want to either defend their petty little immediate advantages or want to gain one.

*Hello to the deluded who think they are "better" people posting in a "better" forum of a "better" game.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Just like in any other game forum* most posters want to either defend their petty little immediate advantages or want to gain one.

*Hello to the deluded who think they are "better" people posting in a "better" forum of a "better" game.
    Priceless~
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Even tho old forums were perfectly fine and functional (at least in comparison to main site), I very much welcome this change. It's always nice to see some progress being made, specially when you consider current state of the game. However there're couple of things I'd like to point out. First of icons highlighting new posts have this light blue-ish color that is very hard to distinguish from grey color that old posts have. Secondly when I typed down my password on top of the page it didn't replace letters with asterisks, thus password can be seen by third person(s). Last but not least the general theme and icon theme, while better than previous one in my opinion, feels a little bit too generic, specially when you compare it to TSW forums.
    Last edited by Scottik; Sep 9th, 2014 at 20:12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Even tho old forums were perfectly fine and functional (at least in comparison to main site), I very much welcome this change. It's always nice to see some progress being made, specially when you consider current state of the game. However there're couple of things I'd like to point out. First of icons highlighting new posts have this light blue-ish color that is very hard to distinguish from grey color that old posts have. Secondly when I typed down my password on top of the page it didn't replace letters with asterisks, thus password can be seen by third person(s). Last but not least the general theme and icon theme, while better than previous one in my opinion, feels a little bit too generic, specially when you compare it to TSW forums.
    Just had a chat with Sezmra about the Password thing. Hit CTRL+R. It solves it.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

To Anarchy online forum Web designer: The high contrast between the colours White and Black can 1. damage your eyes, and 2. gives headache if looking at it for a longer period.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    To Anarchy online forum Web designer: The high contrast between the colours White and Black can 1. damage your eyes, and 2. gives headache if looking at it for a longer period.
    Your Signature isn't doing anyone any favours then
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

What signature?

If you mean my old signature, it was in compliance with the old colours on the forum. But since the colours on the forum are now changed, which made my old signature also looks different.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Sep 9th, 2014 at 20:47:18.

I think we need a complaint thread about this new look, its hideous and hurts my eyes!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Does this mean AO forums are on Tapatalk now?!

Thanks for the fast reply!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

If there is anybody that could save AO from Funcom it is you Mr Senger. Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Late to the party, but I like Mich. It's nice to have a fresh bit of enthusiasm from a current player. Please hold onto it!
    Welcome. (Free one month re-sub for vets plz.)
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Funcom should make the whole game free to play to get more people playing AO. Once the populations are up, it will be opportunities to make money from players.
    At least release some of the content free, like you did back in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Funcom should make the whole game free to play to get more people playing AO. Once the populations are up, it will be opportunities to make money from players.
    At least release some of the content free, like you did back in 2004.
    Yeah, open SL to froobs, that will be hundreds of players with thousands and thousands of man-hours spent filling RK and SL as people take their froobs to 220/0/0 or getting SL gear for their froob twinks. The increase in population alone will make the game more enjoyable for the full paid players, never mind those who might decide to upgrade. Alas this has been suggested before, but perhaps times have changed enough for action.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    Yeah, open SL to froobs, that will be hundreds of players with thousands and thousands of man-hours spent filling RK and SL as people take their froobs to 220/0/0 or getting SL gear for their froob twinks. The increase in population alone will make the game more enjoyable for the full paid players, never mind those who might decide to upgrade. Alas this has been suggested before, but perhaps times have changed enough for action.
    This would be a good thing to do when launching the new engine. It would be a two-sided approach that almost markets itself. Old veteran players with froob accounts will check in and end up paying for their old accounts if they like what they see. Current froobs will check one of the hugest parts of the game and a higher % will end up paying.

Let's believe in Michi.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>