Thread: Wtb 220

Wtb 220

So here's a controversial subject...

Buying ready made 220 from funcom directly.

Reading borealis chat I've noticed people selling accounts complete ones with all the corresponding phatz.

So why not provide a service for the demand that clearly is there?

Say 220$ for 220 toon, complete with beta symbiants installed, corresponding set of ofab armor, all basic 220 nanos, appropriate xan weaponary... etc etc. So just about ready to start endgame.

220$ is double yearly sub, yet saves you months of farming and running around before you can start actual endgame.

Similarly options for 150 char at 150$ could be made.

Before people go ape crazy with pay to win phobia.... give me one reason why not to generate some revenue? Pay to win with that gear? You gotta be kidding right?

Ever since Funcom introduced GRACE I have not seen a single credit seller, maybe it's time to introduce toon selling as well to cap on that market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

or just restart everyone from "nil" lv ^_=. if it doesn't make it..then time to close down ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I see cred sellers every day,...
    This is yet another bad idea
    Funcom could generate more income if they were able to get new people to the game and with the current itemstore available, more is not necessary, more people, that is a necessity

i would rather have them sell the anarchy online rights to a third party that wants to make a AO2.

Taking a look on how Blizzard´s income may has risen their income with introducing the "character instant 90 boost"...

I dont have official numbers. But what I can say from my site is that I chose this boost 5 times now. 1 boost means 50€. And I am just a wealthy casual gamer there, with little ambition. In games like we are playing here, there is a huge huge huge numbers of players who are willing to pay for a max-level-boost. Again, something (a good thing) which you could learn from WoW. Both sides (FC and the purchasing customer) would / could gain an advantage.

How such a character boost could look like in reality, taking a look on the item situation? Just as an example:

1.) The player purchases this character boost and pays for it.
    2.) The player goes to the character creation and runs the regular creation process.
    3.) The character wakes up Borealis, wearing a full set of ql 300 OFAB class armor, an ofab weapon which everyone easy can euqip, a set of ql 250 symbs for this profession - all in all a whole set of items which is a pure and basic standard for everyone. Just pack 10m credits, and hand full of VP and all regular nanos, and it is fine. Giving ENDGAME armor is no clever thing, not done by Blizzard for example. And why not? Because it is not clever.

And no, even these chars would be nothing in comparison with the year old, regular characters, not even close or similar to.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I guess my question would be, to what point does this serve? Leveling from 1 to 220 doesn't take a bunch of time. The time consuming process when making a toon endgame is the research/axp grind and the grind to loot items. So I guess what I'm saying is that if LE research levels aren't included, it is sort of pointless. I'm sure the amount of xp/sk wasted while grinding the LE levels would probably darn near get that boosted toon to at least TL7. So you're paying for the equivalent of saving about 15 shadowlevels or what am I missing with this suggestion?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 4th, 2014 at 18:10:05.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Time: 04:03 local (02:03 GMT), 12:29 game
    Date: 30. Aug 2014 local
    Virgian has played 1 days 23 hours 29 minutes 54 seconds

my MP did Reach level 207 in this time.
    my mp is on 3 days played time now and halfway 213 but! i done
    20+ ring quest in inf
    beast star quest.
    pen key quest
    got all apf cores to enter sector 42
    equiped ql 260-270 symbs
    got alb bracer equiped
    got db2 bracer maxed and equiped
    done 2x 12m runs
    3x pande runs to beast.

so why would you want to buy levels?

good idea for those manager types that work 50+ hours a week and can only play ao for less than 10 hrs a week.

reminds me of a old friend of mine that used to work on a oil rig. this would work great for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Time: 04:03 local (02:03 GMT), 12:29 game
    Date: 30. Aug 2014 local
    Virgian has played 1 days 23 hours 29 minutes 54 seconds

my MP did Reach level 207 in this time.
    my mp is on 3 days played time now and halfway 213 but! i done
    20+ ring quest in inf
    beast star quest.
    pen key quest
    got all apf cores to enter sector 42
    equiped ql 260-270 symbs
    got alb bracer equiped
    got db2 bracer maxed and equiped
    done 2x 12m runs
    3x pande runs to beast.

so why would you want to buy levels?

Becouse any normal job in western world pays say 50-200€ in those 48 hours... out of wich 10-20 were grueling farming of xp... which is less fun than work.

Idealy leveling would be a fun experience, we wouldn't need this.

But why not have something that brings profit to funcom?

Let's say it's 100$ and only every second person does it once per year... that's a boom of 50% yearly income from AO.

Give people options to spend money on AO, ease of life options, not lame recall beacons but real ease of life.

Not struggling with ordeus leveling from 1- 220, waiting for quests, farming basic gear... that's worth a lot of $$ to me. Let me correct it $$$.

I don't see this different from people sitting at hecks and then grinding inferno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

My question still remains regarding research and axp. Are you:

- Asking that research be included?
    - Thinking that a person that paid for a 220 is going to want to grind dailies and infernos to do research?
    - Expecting that these bought 220's will end up in endgame teams without essentials?

or something else?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Becouse any normal job in western world pays say 50-200€ in those 48 hours... out of wich 10-20 were grueling farming of xp... which is less fun than work.

Idealy leveling would be a fun experience, we wouldn't need this.

But why not have something that brings profit to funcom?

Let's say it's 100$ and only every second person does it once per year... that's a boom of 50% yearly income from AO.

Give people options to spend money on AO, ease of life options, not lame recall beacons but real ease of life.

Not struggling with ordeus leveling from 1- 220, waiting for quests, farming basic gear... that's worth a lot of $$ to me. Let me correct it $$$.

I don't see this different from people sitting at hecks and then grinding inferno.

the only thing i dont get is. why dont you quit if you dont intend to play the game?
    honestly i get a little upset when i see you ask for a lasy version.
    and you help killing the game content becose a few less people would be out in the playfields to level with others.

the biggest issue with all this lasyness is.. are you able to move your mouse when you play? or do you pay someone to do that for you to?
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Sep 4th, 2014 at 22:25:59.

Your going to trust someone at FC to spend all your ip points for you in order for these items to be equipped?

Think people sometimes forget how complex AO is and that gearing up and spending ip points you earnt is one of the main pulls. Otherwise you spend 220 dollars for a chat client.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Your going to trust someone at FC to spend all your ip points for you in order for these items to be equipped?

Think people sometimes forget how complex AO is and that gearing up and spending ip points you earnt is one of the main pulls. Otherwise you spend 220 dollars for a chat client.
    ... And you, apparently, have no idea of how simple things can be sometimes.

Creating presets of characters (yes, even with scaled and previously raised skills) is not a problem. Yes, I do trust Funcom in such a case that they would do the right thing, assuming I want an instant 220 fixer, to automatically raise all attributes (stam, int, agi, etc.), the skills necessary for euqiping the weapon (Fixer need to max smg, FA and burst anyway), maxing Treatment, etc etc etc. Seriously. Just think of what EVERY even average max. level character maxed.

If you want to go another way then 95% of all other players of this profession are doing, you are free to do so - after using (for example) an additional full ipr.

So yes, I would trust Funcom here since they wouldnt need to "spend all of my IP" automatically. Your sentence btw is just a bit silly.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Why bother equipping anything or even doing IP's? If you're in a position to buy a ready-made 220 the very least I'd expect is you to be able to IP it yourself....As for gear, why bother?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Avon approves of this suggestion.

Will trade in an agent for another equally leveled toon.

There's already way too many 220 noobs in this game, don't need more.

I would love for research to be purchasable, leveling a toon is not hard and not too time consuming.. but grinding all these 70 research levels are, and you kind of are forced to get them, because without them you have a huge disadvantage
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier