Thread: Spelling check in AO

Spelling check in AO

There are alot of kids playing this game, and i feel that if anything, learning how to spell would please alot of parents.

AO already teaches some social skills, because you can hardly get around as a newbie without help from other players.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    AO already teaches some social skills, [...]
    As in how to insult other players correctly while feeling super duper strong, because they're anonymous behind a screen?
    Harassing on homosexuals or females?

And how about not even needing to say please and thank you?

Do you even play this game? Or do you have all chats off?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Can I has sword?
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    There are alot of kids playing this game, and i feel that if anything, learning how to spell would please alot of parents.

AO already teaches some social skills, because you can hardly get around as a newbie without help from other players.
    Because other people spell so horridly in AO we should have a spell check? Like those who can't properly spell a lot and continue to combine the two words together into a new word which doesn't really exist?

Errr I'm pretty sure a spell checker will not teach one how to write but will only make people more lazy!

Spell checkers are bad if they're automatic. At best it should point out words that don't fit into a dictionary. so you have to look them up.

My spelling isn't the best in the world as English is not my first language, but I find the red underline on a word quite handy from time to time.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    Can I has sword?
    Yes! let's have the chat client just rewrite everything for us! If you type in "Can I has sword?" the chat input takes that, and reworks it to "Good sir, or ma'am. May I please have a fine sword for my travels?" ... I could come up with fun ones for these all day :P
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyerdnt View Post
    Spell checkers are bad if they're automatic. At best it should point out words that don't fit into a dictionary. so you have to look them up.

My spelling isn't the best in the world as English is not my first language, but I find the red underline on a word quite handy from time to time.
    No no! Let it happen, we could have a new website: damnyouAOautocorrect.com
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier