Thread: Seeing In game NCU buffs or NCU number

Seeing In game NCU buffs or NCU number

We are working on a new expansion for a bot in game. It will be a PvP bot and battles will have a "buy in" to do tourneys and duels. People in the iraid bot will also be able to !bid points on who they may think the winner is. However, we run into a issue.

We can't do something like this until there is a FOR SURE way to stop someone from using OSBs. We cant have 100's-1000's of points up for grabs unless you can ENSURE people are selfed buffed. Now I have a few ideas on how to do this.

1. A friend and I are both programmers. We can make what we dont have.
    2. A ncu program "see all" is also floating around and about.

Can I get from funcom a answer that inst the generic "EULA" agreement copy and paste as a resolve on this? One of the hardest twink games ever made and I think its INSANE that there is no "real" way to have a fair duel in AO (that you can be sure of)

We propose two options! Please give us answers on both!
    1. We use the "see all" ncu application thats already been going around for years (that FC said they would support in 18.7 patch)
    2. We make our own 3rd Party application that just "sees filled NCU". In otherwords, we wont see the NCU buffs, but instead just see the "Number of NCUs filled".

So before duel starts we can see (000/650) Meaning there are no buffs and that person can now buff for their duel. (240/650) means there are still buffs left in the NCU and the person must clear them before they can buff and duel.

There has to be some compromise made. There should be some system in place to get a fair duel.

Or a decontamination zone for players to go in and out of without rezzing?

it's more simple to ask me who is gonna win the duel, since there are like 15 people on server and i know them all
    no duels, no spent time, no osbs slash QQ slash crying on the pillow, no hassle
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    We propose two options! Please give us answers on both!
    1. We use the "see all" ncu application thats already been going around for years (that FC said they would support in 18.7 patch)
    2. We make our own 3rd Party application that just "sees filled NCU". In otherwords, we wont see the NCU buffs, but instead just see the "Number of NCUs filled".
    FC is not going to be supporting the 3rd party program, they just cannot do anything about it so the game client is gaining the "feature" of seeing the players entire NCU.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Ofc the client is capable of showing you what nano programs run in a target NCU, its in the client already just hidden so that the player cant see it.

As for allowing 3d party applications thats fully understandable as there are great security risks involved in that, however changing the packets that the server send to the client should be easy-peasy and wont require any fundamental changes on server nor the client.
    Last edited by Dochere; Sep 9th, 2014 at 08:45:54.
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat

This has been a on going issue for me for a really really long time. I even quit this game several times just for this reason. I can not stand not knowing if the person is or is not selfed buffed. Everything this game stands for and everything we grind is completely thrown out the damn window the second someone takes a outside buff. It tilts the table in a HUGE way. I have literally even thrown my equipment by how much this angers me. So I've sworn to never pvp again.

And Yet again, with this new ibattle module we want to add to our bot. Yet again the same issue. Is funcom starting to see the point yet? How many people have to rage quit this game before funcom gets the idea. And ofc, we can say this about 1000 other things that have gone wrong in this game.

Its kill me to watch this game die. Everyone in this game will tell you how much they love it and how much better it is even with all the crap we take from FC. Been lied to for years, poor service for years, bias agenda for years. The players are not dumb to this, they just ignore it in hopes that it gets better.

I see nothing wrong with supplying our self's with proper toolsets funcom REFUSES to provide. We all agree this is something that should be in game, why has it taken 13 years?

And... Fyi, If funcom didn't have your password sitting in your RAM in plan text, this issue of 3rd party programs would never be a issue to begin with. Im tired of suffering because of FC's mistakes. Just sell the game already and be done with it. Its just not fair to the players that have been so loyal all these years.

there's nothing you can do
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

But funcom will provide it in 18.7, these very tools. So this is a non issue, next version target ncu's will be visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

This is already addressed in Patch Notes and is currently working, somewhat, on Testlive.

Go help test and post a bit of feedback on how it should be!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

You mean the 18.7 that's been delayed? Have we not learned yet?

You all keep expecting that 18.7 to roll out sometime soon.

Might be a lot easier to have "all visual effects on" and if you see any sparkles then you know they have buffs running. Problem solved.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.