Thread: Textures Flickering

Textures Flickering

I have a PC where the textures are flickering (ground and effects really) also seeing some artifacting. Ideas?
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Can you give more details? graphics card system specs etc ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Can you give more details? graphics card system specs etc ?
    i5, 16gb ram, Intel HD 4600.

Nothing fancy, but I plan on running in windowed mode @ like 800x600.

Erk yeah there are know issues with intel graphics cards, not sure if there is a definitive fix yet though. Probably worth check the tech help thread for intel related graphics issues. I can't really help more than has been done already in the tech help section :/
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Hmmm got it. It's not a problem for me as I'm not really playing here. Just more... watching :P

Set color depth and texture color depth to 16 bit, as far as I know that fixes the red grid artifacts and most of the texture dropouts.

intel latest drivers dont support directx 7 anymore
    as jorricane said, this might help you for a bit but it will still happen from time to time, there's nothing you can do
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Texture quality set to 16 or 16/32 bit might be enough. That almost completely fixed this issue for me on a system with an "incompatible" video card, where I constantly got massive texture flickering and eventually a crash when using 32 bit textures.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution