Thread: Limit the number of AI ARMOR you can wear

Limit the number of AI ARMOR you can wear

If you really want to balance AO, FC should really start to put a limit on the number of AI part a player can equip. 3 part would be the ideal. With ofab, dust brigade, Ofab, Jathos&kergern you have already plenty of possibility.
    It would nerf AR/DEF/AS, allow more build, swap during fight to adapt your oponent ect ect
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Def already out of touch, wont change things if your just limiting how much one can wear, cause it also affects the opposing player.

Fix aad.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Just nerf AI armor drop it to say +15 add skills instead of 30 at ql300. Presto many armors would become viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

You would need to nerf evades/AAD in the process as those 30 skills and 15 AAO from CC is what allows you to actually hit people in pvp.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

It still needs to be nerfed or other armors enhanced many times over. The gap between armor sets is just too much.

It can't ever be nerfed because that would give too great an advantage to all the toons who used AI armor to twink. So basically other armors need to be boosted or else, as I've always suggested, AI armor needs to be easier to get, and putting bots on APF generals would do just that.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    It can't ever be nerfed because that would give too great an advantage to all the toons who used AI armor to twink. So basically other armors need to be boosted or else, as I've always suggested, AI armor needs to be easier to get, and putting bots on APF generals would do just that.
    Bots on APF gens, that is actually a good idea.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

It is a good idea but the proliferation of ai armor has already done its damage and the time to see the market stabilize and for it to be used by more people would take a long time. I would at least like to see current armor sets buffed x2 x3 times. Beast armor for example is pathetic if you consider it the ultimate raid prize in ao outside of an ACDC.

One thing they should do is remove all evades/hp/ac's/initiatives/nano/nano.c/, problem solved.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

The only thing they need to nerf is min damage on weapons.

make all min damage 1. Now AC's matter.

yes. nerfing the pieces of the game that players worked the most for is a brilliant plan. i will certainly return to find 80% of my toons' values demolished. taking back what you gave is almost never a good idea. the fix for ai armor has been proposed many times. you need specialized, less cookie cutterish alternatives. i really wonder why people try to reinvent the wheel all the time. the ai armor problems are obvious, and so is their solution. end of story. instead you want to frustrate players more. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    yes. nerfing the pieces of the game that players worked the most for is a brilliant plan. i will certainly return to find 80% of my toons' values demolished. taking back what you gave is almost never a good idea. the fix for ai armor has been proposed many times. you need specialized, less cookie cutterish alternatives. i really wonder why people try to reinvent the wheel all the time. the ai armor problems are obvious, and so is their solution. end of story. instead you want to frustrate players more. seriously.
    If you want more alternative, it is the best way to go. Full Ai armor (or 6 pieces if you take off helmet) is unbalanced and way too OP.
    As Esqui stated, it would be nice if FC rework how Aad works. Heals too.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Alternatives are high attack rating and high defense armors. But that just moves up overall powercreep.

Maybe give big ac holes within armors. Each type could have big gaping holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

i'm loling so hard
    you will soon what's going to come
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

if common feeling is ai armor is too strong then make all combined armor stats halved problem solved.

Ex. CSS with 30 rifle and 30 evades should be 15 rifle and 15 evades. However for buffing allow 2 supple bots to combine for full 30 in rifle and 2 obs bots to combine for full 30 evades.

Then you have a choice to make for maximum buffing or a combination of skills.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.