Thread: Experience for VP - No more waste

Lightbulb Experience for VP - No more waste

Currently, situation of BS is pathetic because BS change did by FC in last months. In fact - since twinks dont't sing up because daily players (BS daily) just waits for BS to end, there is no challange. Yet, BS - itself, could be more usefull.

My suggestion is:

Allow to buy Experience (NODROP) from vendor by using Victory Points.

Stack of 2% experience (no metter if for research or regular experience) - costs of 3000 VP's. NoDrop - as Token packs.

It's a fact that many, many twinks that are done, lack of research here and there - they grind Infs just to finish whats needed to PVP/PVM on best way, but you do'nt see them in BS.

It's just a suggestion - but could revive state of BS thing and - if there are no XP for gaining PVP experience, it could turn into BS farming for those who prefer PVP over PVM.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Indeed
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I don't think twinks fail to join battlestations because it doesn't offer an xp reward (at least not the reason why I don't go on mine).

It seems like this type of idea would mainly attract the primarily-PvM players back to battlestation which, in fact, are the people that many complain ruin their battlestation experience (people there for the reward and not the love of the pvp activity). I hate speaking in generalizations without numbers to support it but I'm willing to bet that a large portion of people making twinks are getting their research done in some form of OST'd heck team and more than likely are wearing little to no gear on their toon until it is at its final level.

I don't think there is anything wrong with offering this type of trade-off or attracting non hardcore twinks to battlestations but I think once they get there they will run into the same old Top 10 problems that people have complained about regarding battlestations for the last few years. I don't go on my 157 twink, for instance, because she's at the low end of that range and its not fun going splat against people that have on ql 300 gear. Then my lower level toons.. well going around battlestations with low run speed is some sort of slow torture imo.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

3 daily = Xp (LE 9/10! but also when you lazy it is great )
    = VP = Creditz! 2M/1K vp ( might going up now)
    = Token
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I don't think twinks fail to join battlestations because it doesn't offer an xp reward (at least not the reason why I don't go on mine).

It seems like this type of idea would mainly attract the primarily-PvM players back to battlestation which, in fact, are the people that many complain ruin their battlestation experience (people there for the reward and not the love of the pvp activity). I hate speaking in generalizations without numbers to support it but I'm willing to bet that a large portion of people making twinks are getting their research done in some form of OST'd heck team and more than likely are wearing little to no gear on their toon until it is at its final level.

I don't think there is anything wrong with offering this type of trade-off or attracting non hardcore twinks to battlestations but I think once they get there they will run into the same old Top 10 problems that people have complained about regarding battlestations for the last few years. I don't go on my 157 twink, for instance, because she's at the low end of that range and its not fun going splat against people that have on ql 300 gear. Then my lower level toons.. well going around battlestations with low run speed is some sort of slow torture imo.
    Jill, problem I encountered is - literally - after finishing twink, with all needed research (not that one for twinking) I play often 30 days grinding infs, and oing nothing else. That time I could consume on BS, to master my research to level I want (mostly, for all twinks - its 70LE at 200). That 30 days of inf grinding (and be sure to note that many twinks 200 are not desired due lack of dmg or sily usage on other field, like docs in that matter), takes away all enjoyment, since you have already know what damage you deal, what can you tank, what are cappabilities of your toon pvm wise. When you actually finish all stuff with LE, you are mostlikely bored to play with it to extent, when joining BS and waiting for few PvP is pointless. Researching via PVP in BS, by buying these 2% (as sugessted), would save me 30 days of grinding and give this time for dedication for PVP. Imagine 20 people doing twiks by farming VP for research, and you have BS filled with people - this would attract not only daily players but also hardcore PvPers with finished twinks, because they would have other twinks to fight against.

3000VP for 2% of research, no matter which one you do, is in my oppinion best way to get players into this way of farm = Within 5 BS you can get 10-12% of each research (if lucky, winning, killing players and get VP's from corpses).

We have currently system with Tokens, and it works - gaining LE experience would do best for twinkers.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Totaly awesome idea. 2,5k VP 5% xp, so you get a nice lil research caping thingy every round you do. Sounds excellent. Would be totaly ok with 20% xp for say 2k VP since you might want VP for other things at early levels too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Jill, problem I encountered is - literally - after finishing twink, with all needed research (not that one for twinking) I play often 30 days grinding infs, and oing nothing else. That time I could consume on BS, to master my research to level I want (mostly, for all twinks - its 70LE at 200). That 30 days of inf grinding (and be sure to note that many twinks 200 are not desired due lack of dmg or sily usage on other field, like docs in that matter), takes away all enjoyment, since you have already know what damage you deal, what can you tank, what are cappabilities of your toon pvm wise. When you actually finish all stuff with LE, you are mostlikely bored to play with it to extent, when joining BS and waiting for few PvP is pointless. Researching via PVP in BS, by buying these 2% (as sugessted), would save me 30 days of grinding and give this time for dedication for PVP. Imagine 20 people doing twiks by farming VP for research, and you have BS filled with people - this would attract not only daily players but also hardcore PvPers with finished twinks, because they would have other twinks to fight against.

3000VP for 2% of research, no matter which one you do, is in my oppinion best way to get players into this way of farm = Within 5 BS you can get 10-12% of each research (if lucky, winning, killing players and get VP's from corpses).

We have currently system with Tokens, and it works - gaining LE experience would do best for twinkers.
    hmm..

I used to do battlestations and the most entertaining times were always the rounds where both sides were pretty much evenly matched and it was a close call as to who was going to win. Mainly I experienced that at the top 2 tiers of battlestations. Outside of that, my BS experiences in the other tiers consisted of one side heavily outweighing the other to the point that it was a slaughter or me being bored of running around on a slow toon (mentioned this already but its a big problem with lower level BS imo).

I get where you're coming from with this idea but I suppose I'm wondering what issue, with battlestations, you're trying to fix? Even with the 3x daily reward battlestations wasn't running regularly. When that reward was taken away it went from sometimes running to hardly ever running, I suppose. Throwing more xp at the problem without fixing the other issues that cause people to not want to sign up for battlestations is really a waste of effort. But, if they fix the other problems (bad map design- especially at low levels, bad mechanics on bugged rounds, putting you back where you were when you got the invite, not warping you in until there are definitely enough people accepting on both sides, etc) then I guess I would be in support of them adding something like this as well.

But this idea, alone, won't do much except maybe attract half-finished leveling toons to battlestations. I can't imagine that any legit PvPer is challenged or even long-term entertained by slaughtering people that have little to no knowledge or gear to defend themselves.

The real issue you're experiencing on your 200 twink has little to nothing to do with battlestations btw and everything to do with the jacked up caps they put on level 9 and 10 research. If Funcom wakes up and decides to fix that problem, where does that leave this idea?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 19th, 2014 at 17:56:14.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    hmm..

...I get where you're coming from with this idea but I suppose I'm wondering what issue, with battlestations, you're trying to fix? Even with the 3x daily reward battlestations wasn't running regularly.
    Yes, Jill, there were running more often - much more ofthen then they do run now. Mechanics of this was pure as it goes with people manners.

a) Daily players are in BS
    b) Twink wannabes are killing them, so they are in BS too
    c) real twinks come to show who is rulling, so they are in BS aswell
    d) other twinks come to figt with twinks above.
    = BS full of people.

One year ago, when I finished my sold and Eng (200 BS), and finished last enf for 150, I had to pick which BS i will be fighting in, because both of them were crowded. There were awarge 10 players per side at 200BS and 3-6 at 150. Now, I can not get BS for 10-12 hours straight, and if it run, its because 1 guy loged 4 chars or there are 4 characters that even dont seek fight (as always), but BS lasts to short to bother and enter it for most players from b/c point listed above. So yes, Nerf for Daily was bad.

I am not so into giving away XP for free - like it was with 3x Daily. I am willing to work for my research using BS and PVP as a real gain and fun in one time. Currently, to make research, I must grind infs od Ado Hecks, which drags me away of BS. My idea would give us a chance to pick: research via PVP or boring grinding, and it might get some more fun.
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Yes, Jill, there were running more often - much more ofthen then they do run now. Mechanics of this was pure as it goes with people manners.

a) Daily players are in BS
    b) Twink wannabes are killing them, so they are in BS too
    c) real twinks come to show who is rulling, so they are in BS aswell
    d) other twinks come to figt with twinks above.
    = BS full of people.
    a) yeah, daily players would be in it ... they're called twinks. If you're thinking pvmers, maybe ... just maybe.
    b) All those pvmers in there, good bye them since they get farmed and then BS takes 20-30 minutes.
    c) "Oh hey BS is finally running, let's get our overly twinked characters some more solo score!" Good bye to more people in there (Those from Vogue)
    d) Oh goody, the BS is full of hypertwinked 20b worth toons ... good bye to everyone else
    = Only hyper twinks and there's not enough of them to do the entire BS because they only join one side and even if they do other sides, it was usually only 1 person joins the other and then does nothing but PVPs
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Sep 25th, 2014 at 14:44:29.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Getting people into battlestation is only half the battle, if you get people coming to BS, then you have to try to keep them entertained.

What we need is the same thing I've been saying for years and years:

LESS battlestations.

Level 1-100

101-200

201-220

Then just add in the obvious skill adjustment buff to keep things competitive:

For any level your toon is LESS than the maximum level, you get:

4AAO, 5AAD, 4NR, 50HP, 10RS, 20add dmg (which will make up for bigger weapons etc.)

So, say for example, you join a level 101-200 BS on your level 101 toon:

you get 99*4AAO=400 AAO
    99*5AAD=500AAD
    99*4NR = 400 NR
    99*50HP = 5000HP
    99*10RS =1000RS
    99*20 add dmg = 2000 add dmg (1000 add dmg in PVP)

Considering I can get about 1500 evades on my 110 MP twink, adding another 500 to that is just about bang on to stay competitive.

It's not like it's perfect, but it will allow people at a MUCH lower level stay at least somewhat competitive, be able to get around about as fast as other non advy/fixer/enf profs and be able to endure some damage while capping a point.

Adding this equalizer buff in for ALL battlestations and people will be much less worried about getting "stomped" all the time because the playing field will be significantly less imbalanced by lower levels.

While I do like the op suggestion. I dont think it will increase BS turnout that much.

Just remember there is no difference between pvmer's and pvper's, you need PEOPLE in BS. No mmo tries to keep pvmer's out of pvp and maybe thats one of the reasons pvp died in ao. Pvp people constantly complains they only want pvp people in bs and insult pvmer's that join.

A PVM person is just and untwinked pvp person, they enjoy getting kills and want xp, end of story.

For this to work effectively AO really needs to fix BS signup, no point if bs always bugs. Also remember no one is going to keep signing up to pvp where they only get farmed. Expect more apts, and mechs and dont think everyone will run back to BS, because other reasons like the professions imbalance etc. is still there.