Thread: Arketting?

Arketting?

Ok so MOST of us know Anarchy Online is a great game. Yes, the graphics are outdated, but there are a ton of reasons to play. The one thing the game is really missing is that "critical mass". AO/Funcom has never really spent a ton of money on advertisements. I get the financial stress. I run a small business.

To Funcom: As a small business owner, there's one thing you have that I'd kill for. You have an aging product (which you're already trying to do something about), but you have a small yet mighty customer base (Read: player-base). These people are generally intellectual, knowledgeable about AO, and grew up in a time where "Comeback kid movies" were king. For the maker's sake, you have VOLUNTEERS doing support! (kudos by the way)

My suggestion: Sponsor various contests for "best videos", perhaps a "Why I play" video contest. Flood you-tube, twitter, whatever with whatever marketting you can. Call it "Arketting". To my knowledge, the only person adding regular content about AO is Sharptony (shoutout!). He's got the right idea though, put out quality content and keep it fun....but I digress.

To my fellow Players:

Question 1: What could funcom offer winners that wouldnt break the game, but be some awesome (read: motivating) rewards? Could do a flat GRACE reward where the Winner gets 3 Grace, runner up 2, 3rd gets 1, but that may just be my narrow thinking. You could get crazy and offer a TL5 character... though, we're bound to hear "OMG TL5 NOOBS!" so I'll refrain for now

Question 2: Do you think my idea is good? Bad? How so? Feel free to troll and pole holes!
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

there were tousands of good sugestions over the years but only 0.01% of them were applied (and i'm pretty sure it was just a coincidence anyways)
    your idee is kind'a good but none of the "big people" will listen to us
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

This should absolutely happen. +1 for a player art contest, writing contest, or such like. Make this happen.

GRACE would be fine, but a unique / nodrop social item could be just as special without breaking the economy.
    Or, in the case of an art contest, having the winner's work commemorated as a painting in the game would be pretty awesome.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

You have my bump!

I love watching AO videos, and I think a lot of people agree with me. MORE CONTENT ON YOUTUBE. Whether it's from FC themselves or players, I don't care. Just make people aware of this awesome game!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Krisalee View Post
    This should absolutely happen. +1 for a player art contest, writing contest, or such like. Make this happen.

GRACE would be fine, but a unique / nodrop social item could be just as special without breaking the economy.
    Or, in the case of an art contest, having the winner's work commemorated as a painting in the game would be pretty awesome.
    NODROP Social item. Great idea!

Weird, it posted twice.

Additional idea: we know the billboards in game have video capability that isn't being utilized at the moment. Perhaps run finalists / winners on the in-game screens.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Could be pretty cool.