Thread: the return and AOUmod

the return and AOUmod

Hey peepz!

Just thought to check-in and say hi, but also to discuss an issue I am having with AOU MOD gui.

I have been posting around AOU to find an answer to an issue with a seemingly correct installation that is not getting resolved.

Is anyone else using this mod currently? If yes/no, have you experienced anything like below?

Fresh AO and AOU Mod install yesterday did not produce expected "windowed/restart/click me" response, but instead system resported that showfile failed to open AOU Mod target. Tested to see if I had correct directory by placing both and file noted into /scripts/text temporarily and then running script again. This action at least reported that the file was not available...After returning the said file/directory to correct path received same /showfile error.

Took the extra step to make sure that file permissions were "read/write/move" for entire funcom directory too before starting installation.

Any how... would like to get this one working past 1/4 efficiency. As some of the features do actually work, but many cause the same infoview/showfile issues.

Any advice from current/past users on avoiding the infoview and /showfile errors?
    Last edited by netlag; Sep 17th, 2014 at 20:52:18.

Information on where you installed this would greatly assist. AO changed the install path for modified GUIs (and pretty much everything which a user saves/changes on the account) to within C:\users\yourame\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anrchy Online\RANDOMHASH\Anarchy Online\
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

I added Arien's GUI to my install some time ago and also ran into some /showfile issues.
    It took a little while scratching through all the files. As all the paths changed it is a matter of fixing the relative paths that have changed. In all the .htm files.

There were a couple.

Basically this is what it should like for all the showfile things....

This is from C:\Users\PROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\RANDOMHASH\Anarchy Online\scripts\AOU_mod\AriensGUI\WhoBuffsWhat.htm
    Code:
    Abilities
    <font color=CCInfoHeader>
    <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels\Skills\StrengthBuffs.htm'>Strength</a>(<font color=CCInfoText>Str</font>) - <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels/DocBuffs.htm'>Doc</a>, <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels/EnfBuffs.htm'>Enf</a>, <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels/MarBuffs.htm'>MA</a>
    As far as I remember, it's the "file://../AOU_mod/......" that had to change. I don't have time to check the virgin files I have lying around right now.
    And as B pointed out. All of this goes into the hashed folder in my case:Modify to fit your own folder structure...

C:\Users\PROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\RANDOMHASH\Anarchy Online\scripts\AOU_mod\AriensGUI

EDIT:
    Forgot to dump this in here. This is the apanel file in \scripts (From the above location):
    /showfile ../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/ArienskyPanel.htm
    Last edited by Freqflyerdnt; Sep 18th, 2014 at 08:05:16.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post
    Information on where you installed this would greatly assist. AO changed the install path for modified GUIs (and pretty much everything which a user saves/changes on the account) to within C:\users\yourame\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anrchy Online\RANDOMHASH\Anarchy Online\
    Yes, path is as noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyerdnt View Post
    I added Arien's GUI to my install some time ago and also ran into some /showfile issues.
    It took a little while scratching through all the files. As all the paths changed it is a matter of fixing the relative paths that have changed. In all the .htm files.

There were a couple.

Basically this is what it should like for all the showfile things....

This is from C:\Users\PROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\RANDOMHASH\Anarchy Online\scripts\AOU_mod\AriensGUI\WhoBuffsWhat.htm
    Code:
    Abilities
    <font color=CCInfoHeader>
    <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels\Skills\StrengthBuffs.htm'>Strength</a>(<font color=CCInfoText>Str</font>) - <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels/DocBuffs.htm'>Doc</a>, <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels/EnfBuffs.htm'>Enf</a>, <a href='file://../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/BuffPanels/MarBuffs.htm'>MA</a>
    As far as I remember, it's the "file://../AOU_mod/......" that had to change. I don't have time to check the virgin files I have lying around right now.
    And as B pointed out. All of this goes into the hashed folder in my case:Modify to fit your own folder structure...

C:\Users\PROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\RANDOMHASH\Anarchy Online\scripts\AOU_mod\AriensGUI

EDIT:
    Forgot to dump this in here. This is the apanel file in \scripts (From the above location):
    /showfile ../AOU_mod/AriensGUI/ArienskyPanel.htm

Thanks for the response!

That makes alot of sense since the last build (as seen) would be working with strings directed at the old directory/path structure.

Will look into making some edits.

Went through the majority of those items and did not recognize and difference. Any others that have made adjustments as such?

Anyone get this working? Mind posting a zip of it somewhere?

The mod as it is on the site does work. The issues a few people are having are things we have not been able to re-produce so that they can be addressed.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

hrmm, I get:
    Infoview failed to load and show file:

when loading and when I click on any of the buttons off of the 'AOU' menu

That is the one that has popped up for some people. We just haven't been able to reproduce the error.

An update was made when the 18.6 series went live to change the file paths. However, since relative paths are used, the location where the mod was placed could be incorrect.

As per an older thread from Vhab, you should be placing the mod folder in the /scripts/text. Others (myself included) don't have it there, but the mod still works. You should check in the launcher settings which folder it has listed for scripts in the GUI tab.

Also remember that the 18.6 changes required a clean copy of the original GUI before adding a mod back in.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

I was able to get this working by copying my entire scripts folder from my profile to directly into the install directory. I read on the forums that the /showfile command gets bugged out and only looks for those files in the install directory instead of the profile directory. Nearly all of the scripts in the mod use /showfile.

/showfile isn't bugged, but rather people don't understand how to correctly use it.

In a nutshell though, throw files into the "text" folder inside your scripts folder. That's where /showfile searches first.
    You can find this folder from the launcher by click 'settings', the 'gui' tab, and finally the 'open' button after 'scripts'.

For me that ends up in: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\[parent dir hash]\[client dir]\scripts\text
    But that path will vary depending on your OS version.
    Last edited by Vhab; Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:02:02.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat