Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give Back 3x battlestation daily please

Give Back 3x battlestation daily please

Give Back 3x battlestation daily please, bs died even more when you killed it, and why kill a thing that has been here since you intreduced daily mishes? why reduce the missions from 3x pr day down to 1 all of the sudden after all theese years?
    this game is realy empty and it doesnt help when nerfs like this comes, i was gonna take this upp earlyer but was waiting for somone else to do it.
    doesnt hurt funcom, doesnt hurt players, doesnt hurt anyone to let us do the bs daily 3 times for some vp and sk, it was the reward for fighting there.

you cant expect more people to go inside battlestation if you touch one of the few things that motivated people the most to go there in the first place.
    and this is a change that could be fixed back in no time if people care about this like me.
    i would love this changed and to get more bs running
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Sep 18th, 2014 at 13:26:50.

I still think it's a better idea to add more loot buyable with VP, highly desirable ones like healkits, stims, up to ai leadbots, remove the battlestation requirement from virus scanners etc. Battlestations should attract everyone, not just levelers. AO needs an alternative grind to the mindless pvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Give Back 3x battlestation daily please, bs died even more when you killed it, and why kill a thing that has been here since you intreduced daily mishes? why reduce the missions from 3x pr day down to 1 all of the sudden after all theese years?
    this game is realy empty and it doesnt help when nerfs like this comes, i was gonna take this upp earlyer but was waiting for somone else to do it.
    doesnt hurt funcom, doesnt hurt players, doesnt hurt anyone to let us do the bs daily 3 times for some vp and sk, it was the reward for fighting there.

you cant expect more people to go inside battlestation if you touch one of the few things that motivated people the most to go there in the first place.
    and this is a change that could be fixed back in no time if people care about this like me.
    i would love this changed and to get more bs running

Please god, this.

I recently resubbed after a couple months of hiatus. After dealing with this whole BS-never-running thing, I gotta say that I really regret my resub. I hate to say it, but that $15 could have better spent on a SINGLE delicious meal this month. It's sort of infuriating.

Even with that stupid 3x-a-day-at-once exploit, at least BS started. I have deleted almost ALL of my BS quests. The ones that I completed were because I got extremely lucky joining a game with people who agreed to 5 cap before the BS closed because there were not enough people.

Unless something gets fixed with this, I really don't think it's worth the sub. The 3x BS daily was at least a relatively quick alternative to inf mission grinding. Now all I do is log in, do my solo daily, sit in LFT for an hour, and log off. Occasionally, I'll farm a doja if I really feel like grinding for that entire hour I sit lonesome in the LFT tool.

:-/

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I still think it's a better idea to add more loot buyable with VP, highly desirable ones like healkits, stims, up to ai leadbots, remove the battlestation requirement from virus scanners etc. Battlestations should attract everyone, not just levelers. AO needs an alternative grind to the mindless pvm.
    This is the kind of idea I like.

It's straightforward, it'll remove a lot of the extra VP floating around VERY quickly, and it'll bring everyone out to BS with a whole raft of new, VERY good incentives.

FC just gotta make sure there's no sploits to feed huge VP reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    This is the kind of idea I like.

It's straightforward, it'll remove a lot of the extra VP floating around VERY quickly, and it'll bring everyone out to BS with a whole raft of new, VERY good incentives.

FC just gotta make sure there's no sploits to feed huge VP reserves.
    Huge VP reserves?, VP use to be 1m/1k vp, some cases it goes up to 3m/1k vp, not much ofab items on GMI, and sometimes its hard to find vp sellers.
    All it all its a good idea, and they said they will return in in the 18.7 patch with a fix, not sure what that is.

Pafpuf its a good dream, but pvp will still be imbalanced there will still be a lot of people getting farmed, a lot of complainers, mechs, apts, 4 caps and people who dont care about pvp just the vp.
    I remember when we had some logical clans and we farmed bs taking turns winning, getting one or 2 kills in between. Ofc pvpers had to come and ruin it.

I have ~1 million vp spread across 3 characters, and i know of a few people that still have over 1mil vp on one single character. Some of those guys don't play or hardly play but there are some people that have fairly large reserves from when the bs ran and even before the daily xp quests for the bs even began. I'm all for new rewards, they don't even have to be ai bots or crazy expensive items, just something to make my time invested into farming it while enjoying pvp worthwhile, which currently is not the case :/
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

na that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when there was a account wide boost that when you purchased it, every toon rolled would get that boost. I remember dudes just sitting there rolling froob after froob after froob after froob and just sitting at the mailbox in OA waiting for the claimed item to arrive. It isn't a exsploit, technically... it was just an oversight on the benefit that some people abused heavily.

I remember asking a fella for some VP, he just handed me keys to the account, told me what to do and in half an hour had 50k VP.

It was soon after this that all account claimed items became nodrop only.

na that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when there was a account wide boost that when you purchased it, every toon rolled would get that boost. I remember dudes just sitting there rolling froob after froob after froob after froob and just sitting at the mailbox in OA waiting for the claimed item to arrive. It isn't a exsploit, technically... it was just an oversight on the benefit that some people abused heavily.

I remember asking a fella for some VP, he just handed me keys to the account, told me what to do and in half an hour had 50k VP.

It was soon after this that all account claimed items became nodrop only.
    Like I have been saying just because a few vets/ people in the past use to legally cheat the system doesn't mean most people did. A lot of people are struggling with vp now. With bs not running it will take you 4-6 days just to get one piece of ql 300 ofab at lvl 220. For lower lvls it will probably be 4 missions just to get one piece your lvl, ofc you can wear 2 x your lvl. Forget weapon.

AO NEEDS TO STOP ADDING CRAP THEY DONT WANT ANYONE TO USE.
    We live in a beautiful world

Why limit the xp gain from Bs with just dailies? Why not give us a decent portion of xp as a reward from every winning round? Sure, no need to make it groundbreaking but just a portion so the true pvpers can enjoy leveling to the fullest, all the way to their desired lvl. This could potentially bring more life into ALL bs ranges too!

While we're at it, improve bs experience further by adding scoreboard suggested in my old thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...BattleStations
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Why limit the xp gain from Bs with just dailies? Why not give us a decent portion of xp as a reward from every winning round? Sure, no need to make it groundbreaking but just a portion so the true pvpers can enjoy leveling to the fullest, all the way to their desired lvl. This could potentially bring more life into ALL bs ranges too!

While we're at it, improve bs experience further by adding scoreboard suggested in my old thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...BattleStations
    Good enthusiasm, If they made it possible for you to lvl to 220 doing a lot of pvp and gave the ability to get ql 300 amours, buffing and hud items from the vp shop that might be a good idea.
    The problem still lies that BS pvp is massively unbalanced.
    1. There are certain pvp professions in each lvl range, that dominate while other professions suffer
    2. The fully geared vets are to overpowered even from a low lvl range, to the fact that 5 new people cant kill one vet.
    3. Unless even the losers get a big enough reward people aren't going to keep joining if they only get farmed and keep loosing
    4. They will need to make bs random sides, we all know why, because at certain times of day and year.

I am always against faster leveling for new people cause they end up fully geared 220 noobs, get bored and leave because of never being challenged. BUT if new people actually get a chance to learn a little about their professions while pvping, trying different perk setups, learning how to survive, when to run etc, then it wouldn't be to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    The problem still lies that BS pvp is massively unbalanced.
    I definitely think you need to think about what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    1. There are certain pvp professions in each lvl range, that dominate while other professions suffer
    2. The fully geared vets are to overpowered even from a low lvl range, to the fact that 5 new people cant kill one vet.
    3. Unless even the losers get a big enough reward people aren't going to keep joining if they only get farmed and keep loosing
    4. They will need to make bs random sides, we all know why, because at certain times of day and year.
    1. So what
    2. not true - but might be. So what?
    3. Yes, I agree the winners should get X, not winning side get X/3 or something
    4. no opinion

But ed, this stuff about BS not being balanced... I really don't get it. How is it possible for it not to be balanced? If one side has 500 people sign up, and the other side has 4 people sign up, then the side with 4 will get stomped. What isn't balanced about that?

If you go pick a fight with your mom and brother against all the crips in southern Cali, you will get stomped, well you might get laughed at. But that's balanced too.

If China has a 30M member infantry, and the USA lands a small commando group with the intention of assassinating a troublesome chinese diplomat, do you think they will announce on twitter before they arrive to make sure they have to fight all 30M infantry before they get to the diplomat, or do you think they will try to use their level 9000 conceal to blend in prior to the operation?

Ofc, it's balanced. Everything is balanced. You just have to realise that balance isn't about "equal wins" it's about proportional force applied.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 10th, 2014 at 01:16:44.

I like your idea oliverz.

I definitely think you need to think about what you're saying.

1. So what
    2. not true - but might be. So what?
    3. Yes, I agree the winners should get X, not winning side get X/3 or something
    4. no opinion

But ed, this stuff about BS not being balanced... I really don't get it. How is it possible for it not to be balanced? ........
    Firstly while the numbers do make a difference as one side usually outnumbers the other, I was taking about the ability to kill in pvp. Some professions if both know what they are doing cannot kill some other professions, others take forever to kill and I am not just taking about docs. While others have the ability to alpha kill in a few secs.

I would go through the 1-4 but you will be like "so what".
    Basically if they dont fix it, AO pvp will still suck, no people are going to start AO because of the pvp, like they do for other games. PVP NEEDS TO BE FUN FOR EVERYONE,, ESPCEIALLY AT LOW LEVELs or pvp will stay dead. Mck, getting farmed and loosing bs a lot is not fun.

While vets give good, information and some start-up creds, they also give a lot of bad suggestion, show new people an unattainable twinking standard and prey on them.
    If a few new people could team with other new persons and never meet a super twinked toon, while getting knowledge about AO, they will enjoy themselves, in pvm and pvp, especially if they only pvped with new people. Ignorance about how bad the damage the weapon they have on is good.

If you lose and get stomped in PVP a lot, then twink up and practice up!

Why do you think North Korea always threatens to launch missiles at the USA but never actually do? Because if they did they'd get stomped.

If North Korea actually wants to fight, they better get their PVP skills up. Do you understand the analogy?

In war, there's no hand holding, the best you can ever do if you're a gimp is to be gimp while sitting on a sh*tton of oil, in which case the US will send you a buttload of weapons to have fun with before they say you're threatening neighboring country X and invade your ass.

Well, similarly, if you're a gimp ass PVPer trying to get some kills, and you're attacking a twink while he's running around tanking you for 20 minutes he isn't going to care. He'll let you hit him for a while, but if you start trying to cap his point, he'll stomp your ass.

You see, Battlestation is called "BATTLE"station, not "FREE-RIDE"station.

If you lose and get stomped in PVP a lot, then twink up and practice up!

If North Korea actually wants to fight, they better get their PVP skills up. Do you understand the analogy?
    Maybe you don't understand your own analogy. BS is not balanced because...

Some profs = US Military, while other profs = 3rd world country military.
    Some profs= modern machine gun soldiers, other profs = bronze age or stone weapon usage

Doesn't matter how much you practice.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Maybe you don't understand your own analogy. BS is not balanced because...

Some profs = US Military, while other profs = 3rd world country military.
    Some profs= modern machine gun soldiers, other profs = bronze age or stone weapon usage

Doesn't matter how much you practice.
    Teaming up is still a strange concept to some I see, too bad

I hate teaming on BS.
    You want team pvp then go attack some towers.
    I would love if it was impossible to team as well as buff others on BS ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

A full team of people in leveling gear will barely scratch a single twink in many cases. I don't see why they won't just fix mechs so that they're 80% as powerful as a twink or whatever, just to give levelers a chance to contribute, but definitely not dominate.

Pre-SL the difference between a twink and a non-twink was infinitely less than it is today. A guy in 200 carb stood a chance against a guy in full Azure, but the latter did have a definite advantage. Were people not satisfied with that? Since there's no way that I can see to change the gear to bring that balance (other than total powercreep from cheap items, like making Miy's almost as good as combined, no thanks) improved mechs would be a decent solution. They're still slow and you still can't cap in them, but if one of the scout mechs had the APT gun it would make a real difference. It would also have to be vulnerable to players, not just other mechs.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I hate teaming on BS.
    You want team pvp then go attack some towers.
    I would love if it was impossible to team as well as buff others on BS ...
    Great. Love how you explained your rational and objective reasoning. When do you start high school ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    A full team of people in leveling gear will barely scratch a single twink in many cases.
    What's your point? The discussion was about how some professions aren't as good as others at soloing, not comparing noobs/gimps to people in endgame gear.

Great. Love how you explained your rational and objective reasoning. When do you start high school ?

What's your point? The discussion was about how some professions aren't as good as others at soloing, not comparing noobs/gimps to people in endgame gear.
    Awikun explained it properly. Pafpuf you guys need to get off your high horses, If "A full team of people in leveling gear will barely scratch a single twink in many cases" which is TRUE, why would anyone go back to BS? You are probably saying BS needs to be where only pvp people go, it is now, and it stays empty.

Without levelers in BS it will probably never run. This is evident that they had to add bs xp missions just to get it to run.
    Pafpuf are you suggesting that if you cant kill a vet in BS you should beg other people to team?

Tryptophy is absolutely correct, the difference between the pvp and lvling people is to great that's why pvp will stay dead in ao. New people will always be a year to early to learn how to twink properly (including gathering items, most you need a 220 for) to be a challenge.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast