Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give Back 3x battlestation daily please

{Toybreaker here} Awikun u suck, shut up, dont talk about bs like u actually participate or do anything. all your toons were made for s7 . go to a s7 forum

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post

The thing that makes me laugh the hardest is the bull$pit lines about "challenges in pvp" but the only thing they do is use PVM KITE TACTICS on players. roflol Is that how you test your self? Who has the most runspeed until their aimed shot recycles or longer lasting root/snares seriously?
    When this game had way greater percentage of pvpers, KITING (movement in any other mmo) was a standard technique for any ranged. Not moving around in pvp when you have range on your attack is just being plain stupid. The fact you think movement in ao pvp is a pvm technique adopted onto pvp illustrates your pvp knowledge.
    Last edited by Humlee; Oct 13th, 2014 at 17:43:02.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Uh, The Story about Ev0l, Fire Breathing Pvpers and Innocent Pvmers again? People duel quite a lot, i'm not sure whats your point Psikie. PVP in AO most of the time is just annoying, boring and repetitive, exactly same as pvm. Just because i spend 10 bln on my 220 engi didnt make battlestations enjoyable, pets still got lost, rooted, snared or alphakilled to make me scream and rebuff for 5 minutes with 10 items swap and i still couldnt catch people who just ran away or abused elevators to heal back to 100% hp. Same as pvm on my leveling trader with 5 bln equip on his back thats useless for teams when compared with med suit wearing shades or crats. AO is a nice game, but it would be way better if it wasnt so poorly designed. Most of the items in database are useless, most of the locations in the world are useless, most of the professions are useless in pvm and most of the setups are useless in pvp. BTW I refuse to feel guilty just because im no gimp and self proclaimed guardian of the noob wants me to. If anything is wrong here its FCs fault.
    Last edited by Ciex; Oct 13th, 2014 at 18:12:07.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Well I think pvp is dead/dying because it is not fun for your target audience. Aka pvm players. You have to understand a few truths to this game.
    1. The majority of players in AO play because of the pvm not pvp.
    2. When pvm players pvp they do it for a change of pace NOT a change of religion.
    3. The pvm players rarely continue to pvp more than to get daily xp reward because it is not fun for them.

If you want more activity in pvp you have to appeal to your target audience to participate. "Rewards" is a smoke screen for you to get something out of the deal. The actual reward is 3x xp and vps for ofab gear for the pvm players. There is no new reward you can offer to make pvm players want to do something they dread...UNLESS you make it fun for them derp derp.
    1. Because pvm is the only aspect of this game that has actual rewards.
    2. When pvp players pvm they do it because they're forced to. Pvm players do it off their own free will like you said, which means they're already a far better off audience. In fact because of the obvious design flaw of completely unrewarding pvp you could say that pvmers are AO's only target audience, but it shouldn't be like that.
    3. The pvm players rarely continue to pvp because pvp is an optional activity, one that's easier to suck at and without proper motivation like rewards they won't bother trying to improve.

How exactly do you plan on making it fun without it quickly becoming stale after a while without rewards? Notum wars are a good example, a lot of people consider them unrewarding that's why takeovers always happened only once a year at best (inb4 but but tower bonuses herpaderp). Lets not be stupid here, rewards are the only reason people pvm in this game and not because killing brainless npcs is "fun". Nobody runs around killing random mobs just for the sake of killing them, when they do they're either doing a quest or looking for an item drop. Why are you so keep on keeping these double standards is beyond me, the biggest reason this game has fallen apart over the years is because funcom failed to appeal to the pvp audience at all. The only reason AO looks like their target audience are pvmers is because funcom failed to do anything to reward pvp, they briefly managed to do it with Lost Eden but like everything else in that ripoff expansion it was a band-aid fix that quickly fell apart.

Copied from AO's official website: Fight thousands of exciting monsters in a fantastic player versus monster/environment gameworld, or challenge human opponents to conquer land in large PvP areas. Dunno where you got the idea that AO should be pvm only.

And wow this new forum has more bugs than the game itself, way to go fc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    What makes you think gimp chars stand a better chance alone than when they're able to team up? They would only become easier kills because, in case you haven't noticed, the most impactful buffs in this game are ones that boost defenses. Unless you think that the selfbuffed gimp leveling char having an average lifespan of 3 seconds on the battlestation is having fun. Brilliant idea! What's also really funny is that here you want to turn the battlestation into a duel room while at the same time in this topic you're against the idea of a duel room. Go figure.
    Try to understand what I wrote.
    I do not want team of gimps killing good twinks only because they are teamed. I do not mind if they die solo
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Raishen View Post
    {Toybreaker here} Awikun u suck, shut up, dont talk about bs like u actually participate or do anything. all your toons were made for s7 . go to a s7 forum
    I am, able to solo S7 as well as solo kill in BS, you need tons of OSB and gimp team members to achieve the same. I pity you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Try to understand what I wrote. I do not want team of gimps killing good twinks only because they are teamed. I do not mind if they die solo
    Ahaha that makes it even worse, you're upset because you get killed by gimps. This forum needs a rofl emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    The fact you think movement in ao pvp is a pvm technique adopted onto pvp illustrates your pvp knowledge.
    Ah my mistake, you learned those leets moves strictly from pvp at 220, not on noob island running and kiting roller rats. I Hazz no knowledge for joo. /facepalm

1. Because pvm is the only aspect of this game that has actual rewards.
    2. When pvp players pvm they do it because they're forced to.
    I see so first time players came to AO because they heard about all the awesome pvp action. BUT first you have to go through hundreds of pvm levels and quests because that's the only way you get rewarded in game. So before you get to do what you love to do, pvp, you will have to be forced to spends several weeks or months getting all the pvm gear you need to pvp. So even though you will hate this game while you pvm, hang in there champ pvp is right around the corner! Hope you were not looking for a game that you could just jump right in and pvp like Tank Battles or First person shooters, because you will be doing pvm for a while getting to end game pvp.

What a fantastic sales pitch, does that sum up AO in your mind Puffy?

For all your bluster I have yet to see you offer any suggestions to what this "reward" should be? Are you thinking xp? Because last time I checked RK xp for yellow-green-grey mobs was dismal. But I would support offering 1xp title capped to 20xp for every lowbie you gank on BS roflol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

*Repeat* IF pvp players REALLY wanted a challenge they would /duel more often.
    Duels not more challenging than non-duels. It's 'solo-pvp', kinda. I think players wanna be entertained and actually have something to join in on as they log in. Many only log to AO to pvp but the bs's doesn't run. More phatz in vp-shop would probably help.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Oct 13th, 2014 at 19:04:13.

the tone of this thread is half the reason pvm players dont keep and open mind about pvp in this game.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

still find 200 bs the most balanced, its a shame that people dont join it much any more, would love to get it going again :>

/borden out
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    the tone of this thread is half the reason pvm players dont keep and open mind about pvp in this game.
    Yeah.. kinda lost me when someone indicated that battlestations, a side vs side mini-game, shouldn't allow teaming. Every other game I've played that has some sort of battlestations style pvp activity forces you into a raid interface upon joining.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Yeah.. kinda lost me when someone indicated that battlestations, a side vs side mini-game, shouldn't allow teaming. Every other game I've played that has some sort of battlestations style pvp activity forces you into a raid interface upon joining.
    Awikun shouldn't be taken seriously tho, he doesn't even pvp and his grief with pvp is that he occasionally dies so it's not fair.

Just as a point of interest from my POV, the main and lingering reasons I personally don't pvp, is the PVP'ers themselves.
    I've found it to be highly unpleasant activity overall to interact with them as a group. Not to mention the ego's involved, or the exploits or any of the rest of the bull**** that comes along with it.

From my years of reading forums I've learnt to ignore most of the whining from the pvp crowd as they really are a very very small minority of the player-base, regardless of the volume of their shouting.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by aiken View Post
    just as a point of interest from my pov, the main and lingering reasons i personally don't pvp, is the pvp'ers themselves. I've found it to be highly unpleasant activity overall to interact with them as a group.

From my years of reading forums i've learnt to ignore most of the whining from the pvp crowd as they really are a very very small minority of the player-base, regardless of the volume of their shouting.
    shots fired!!!
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

So before you get to do what you love to do, pvp, you will have to be forced to spends several weeks or months getting all the pvm gear you need to pvp.
    This is a big issue actually. It stops the game quite a bit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    AO is a nice game, but it would be way better if it wasnt so poorly designed. Most of the items in database are useless, most of the locations in the world are useless, most of the professions are useless in pvm and most of the setups are useless in pvp.
    Yeah, it is basicly just one (1) cookie-cutter endgame-setup.

Lets lay down some facts.
    1. There are more pvmers than pvpers.
    2.Pvmers make BS run. We arent talking about NW cause for years less than half the population even know about them. Even less participate.
    3. Everyone wants to pvp from low level but it needs to be fun.
    4. Pvp will not be fun at low levels if their continue to be super twinks (Nothing you can do about that, they used all available options to create there twinks.)
    5. Offering more incentives to pvms will get bs running more, but still be full of the normal, "this place sucks but i need the vp and xp" people
    6. Offering incentives to pvpers will do nothing.
    7. If newbie island had a BS is would be the most fun and fair.
    8. Unless you can get BS to have so much newbies that is saturates the super twinks (we all know people run from them and end up getting hunted down), one way to let BS be more fun is to limit how power the people who come in can be. One possible way to do this is to have newbie island go up to lvl 60 with the dungeons included.
    9. Its about time we made new PVP systems. Capture the Flag (Limit run speed, limited numbers, team event)
    10. Since i need a number 10, Mini game leet wars, let our fun pets battle it out, actually let us bet on battles.

Ed, those aren't facts.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 14th, 2014 at 01:39:16.

Awikun shouldn't be taken seriously tho, he doesn't even pvp and his grief with pvp is that he occasionally dies so it's not fair.
    I never team in BS because I just do not like it...

Now instead of calling me names think about my chances against an average teamed gimp aka pvper whose only pvp skill is runing around with a carefully picked team members who share his "teaming skill"

Look at only some of their buffs and auras (full list would be too long):
    Umbral Wrangler Premium + 153 to all weapon skills and nano skills
    Quantum Uncertainity + 110 to all evades
    Imroved heroic measure +133 AAO +410 AAD
    ICRT +25 AAO +50 AAD (not to mention other effects)
    Extreme Prejudice +120 to pistol
    Improved Isochronal Sloughing Combat Field refreshing 7 special attack blocker
    Gift of Assurance +5000 to all AC

Add on top of that other beneficial buffs from Doc (HP, healdelta, nanoresist, HoTs etc)Enf, Sold Fixer (whatever friends "pvpers always come with you to BS) ...

You are either blind or pretend to be stupid and you mistaken pvp skills with social/teaming skills.
    Ffinding similar ppl who preffer easy team-zerging mode is not a pvp skill

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I never team in BS because I just do not like it... Now instead of calling me names think about my chances against an average teamed gimp aka pvper whose only pvp skill is runing around with a carefully picked team members who share his "teaming skill" Look at only some of their buffs and auras (full list would be too long): Umbral Wrangler Premium + 153 to all weapon skills and nano skills Quantum Uncertainity + 110 to all evades Imroved heroic measure +133 AAO +410 AAD ICRT +25 AAO +50 AAD (not to mention other effects) Extreme Prejudice +120 to pistol Improved Isochronal Sloughing Combat Field refreshing 7 special attack blocker Gift of Assurance +5000 to all AC Add on top of that other beneficial buffs from Doc (HP, healdelta, nanoresist, HoTs etc)Enf, Sold Fixer (whatever friends "pvpers always come with you to BS) ... You are either blind or pretend to be stupid and you mistaken pvp skills with social/teaming skills. Ffinding similar ppl who preffer easy team-zerging mode is not a pvp skill
    What exactly is your point? Previously you said it's a problem that a team of gimps kill you (still funny), now a new problem arises in contrast to what you previously said in which teaming makes it harder for gimps to compete. Also bolded textbook example irony.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast