Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intrusive player-run bots

If you are logged on in irc 24/7 on all toons, would that confuse the bots?

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    If you are logged on in irc 24/7 on all toons, would that confuse the bots?
    No, irc does not log in your toons. Its just a module that parse text from irc to GC. Toons on irc are most commenly seperated in their own list when you do !online. Unless someone has made a really funky irc client that activates the ao.chatserver/loginserver.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

But they appear as online on friendslust, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    But they appear as online on friendslust, no?

No, think of it as this: any character/person on your Org IRC channel is represented by your GC bot. All the IRC parser does is read the IRC input, and copy it to GC. And same it copies GC chat to IRC. Some IRC modules lets you do commands like !online via IRC, but say its not me Darkempire that sends that command. Its the bot-name that does it and echo the reply to IRC.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Though Funcom did used to have a tool on their site to connect to the chat server. I wonder, what if you use The Leet, would it show you as online?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I wonder, what if you use The Leet, would it show you as online?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Though Funcom did used to have a tool on their site to connect to the chat server. I wonder, what if you use The Leet, would it show you as online?
    Another cool aspect of such tools is that they will show your deleted toons as well. Or at least they used to list all names registered to the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Another cool aspect of such tools is that they will show your deleted toons as well. Or at least they used to list all names registered to the account.
    For sure. Logging deleted toons to still read org chat. gotta love AO, right?....
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Hi viz! I am your BATTEL-CAT

Quote Originally Posted by pennypacker View Post
    hi viz! I am your battel-cat
    he-man miss you!

yet again i don't understand the commotion. fc data has been exploited for years. and now its a problem?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123