Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Shade is a Joke atm?

Guys I tried soloing some of the stuff you mentioned, on my shade, using defensive setup, (defensive perks, defensive huds, evade armor+ CM, AAD spirits..)

I struggle a lot against bosses in albatraum cannot solo them, or LOTV, so what is this OP you speak of, Give me some pointers plox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

LoTV was soloable pre-18.7, so I think you should take another look at your Shade again...
    Never tried Alba on Shade personally so I can't attest to that.
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

"Dark and aggressive, the Shade sucks the life and energy out of opponents, robbing them of the basic elements they need to subsist."
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    "Dark and aggressive, the Shade sucks the life and energy out of opponents, robbing them of the basic elements they need to subsist."
    "... The Shade stays out of harm's way by relying on concealment and good combat mobility. Shade's can't wear any armor, but have nano-tech enhanced tattoos grafted into their skin to give them some protection. As a genetically engineered profession dependent on an abundance of notum, a Shade must begin life in the Jobe research facilities in the Shadowlands."
    Source: Anarchy Online Character Selection

(Since patch 18.7 the part of start in Jobe is outdated.)

If you come with old descriptions of the good old time where only a few Shades where able to tank (because of skill and not of equipment) do it complete please. Not only the part that is at the moment nice for strength the back of those shade players they can use all, everything and getting to much love.
    So i would say your "argument" is a bit spongy.
    I can understand your point of view with that description but, the time where shades was not able to use any kind of armor is over. (Sadly) So the basic idea of a high dmg dealer with a high risk to die because of low HP is a long time ago.
    In memory of
    Niesa, Shadow01, Sabertouth, Luhr, Lupus, Cyberacid...

Troodon, my post doesn't mean anything since this thread was moderated I'm afraid. You can happily ignore it as it no longer makes any sense at all after the other posts have been removed.

Also, wtb some sort of note saying a thread has been mauled by mods as they don't often make much sense once they've been fiddled with.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

So how exactly does shade solo lotv? I haz defensive perks, really nice gear And cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    So how exactly does shade solo lotv? I haz defensive perks, really nice gear And cannot.
    12m buff and init debuff proc help, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I don't know the minimum you need, but I'm doing it with 2400 evade & 1k AAD (before procs & drains) and 15k HP. Use your init-debuff proc nano and evade LE procs.

Start the fight with DoF into AAO/AAD drains, then cycle between DoF and limber. When DoF is off (I go @ 21 second cooldown on the DoF perk), use Blur.

Spam PM and SP perks for damage and continued debuffing. Spam SHD whenever you are missing health. If it's really tough, be smart with TR perks. I also get one point in Sublime Rapport for the low cooldown heal.

Its pretty much 100% success rate for me, and I only have like 2 completed alphas, no alb bracer, no ACDC.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Shades Op, confirmed. Everywhere. We now use shade for all raids as main tank, dd and healer..

So 18.8... shade is a joke, It's a quiet sunday, org mates are with families... F1 race is over...

so taking my shade Atrox for a ride around infenro. Lets find something.. 215 dyna ... no problem.. 10 dynas later.. Hmm LOTV is here.

LOTV round one... boom whop bang stab stab... few minutes later... 7 to be exact.

LOTV is dead. Did not even need a stim.

Creepy spiders? Killed all, right time to get a harder challange. How about... HHAB dragons.

after two 13 minute fights both dead.. Never i was in danger. even had an add on second one. Never used Caress.

You ( 3.973.047 / 303.660 / 596 / 177 / 29% / 11.523 )
    Xark the Battletoad ( 127.385 / 9.720 / 33 / 0 / 0% / 5.445 )
    Antediluvian Spinetooth ( 40.027 / 3.000 / 26 / 0 / 0% / 2.007 )

That is... without a single piece of evade armor or AAD perks, just acrobat.

So how do i put this? It's a joke how OP are shades. The ability to solo is second to none. while running 300k+ damage per minute. Or is this intended? Shades are just OP because they are expansion professions.. blah blah blah.

But i struggle to think of a reason... when shade can solo something why bring any other profession. And shade can solo anything in SL up to it seems ipande. And even there it only needs crat for some AAD and some pink calms n such.
    Last edited by Cratertina; Jul 26th, 2015 at 17:09:37. Reason: Update

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345