Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shade is a Joke atm?

Shade is a Joke atm?

I'm after about 2years back to the Live Server. I am amazed at the many shades.
    after a few inferno missions and some Boss Kills I understood it:

- the shade is twice as much damage as any other Profession
    - and he is also almost immortal

Balancing??????

Funcom this a Joke??

the last infmission: shade 8mio damage, crat 3mio damage

it seems to me as it does not know that game where you programmed

Damage is the only thing shade brings to a team. It has always been their main role since release of SL. While crat brings debuffs, mezzes, roots, snares AND great damage on top of it. Actually crat in DD setup can odd shade in quite a few scenarios. As for survability, while I agree shades are great at this, inf missions are hardly true indicator of anyone's survival abilities.

profession all have their roll in the Team, but the shade fuels, heals, and makes damage.
    we can Doctors enforcer soldier Nts ect put on ice.
    take 4 shades and kill beast.
    welcome to Shadelands ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Haudenlucas View Post
    take 4 shades and kill beast.
    welcome to Shadelands ^^
    Not even close.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Haudenlucas View Post

the last infmission: shade 8mio damage, crat 3mio damage
    Obviously that crat was leeching, and probably not end game. I have a crat and im prety sure with my PVP setup can beat in dmg 90% of endgame shades. And with propper PVM setup and stay focused on dmg (no clams/debuffs) dont think any shade can beat crat dmg.
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Shade does 230k+ in inf easy (known, I dumped last night) and 250k+ in inf hard (extrapolation)

Spamming nukes non-stop, in full PVP gear with troaler/pehwer, all CSS my crat does 215k

if I swapped to CC and used a few more crit/add dmg items I could probably get up to 230k without being suicide prone.

Challenge accepted!
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

and how one heals himself damagecrat?

I totally agree with Haudenlucas, shades do way too much/way too fast damage (choose one).

@McKnuckleSamwich you dumped 1 shade?? ... Dump a few more please...
    This thread is all about the shades, for example how they can deal damage in combination with their overall heal ability the shade has.

Shade Cares (holy f***)
    Heal Perks
    Drains
    Evades (....)
    etc.

And with 18.7 they even get more....

Quote Originally Posted by Recharge View Post
    I totally agree with Haudenlucas, shades do way too much/way too fast damage (choose one).

This thread is all about the shades, for example how they can deal damage in combination with their overall heal ability the shade has.

Shade Cares (holy f***)
    Heal Perks
    Drains
    Evades (....)
    etc.

Stun procs/init procs that are up pretty much 100% because of the sheer amount of hits they do.
    Evades: I've watched a couple shades tank beast, as long as your not doing it when adds are up, shades be fine.
    Drain AAO and AAD from target and give back to caster(sound familiar anyone?) What are these guys? traders?
    heal perks/shades caress/sneaking health drain: seriously? get an advy in the team. Oh wait, shade can heal himself probably better than the advy can heal him

In all honestly, I love shades, but they are terribly OP and have been for a while now. In pvm for sure, and even pretty well so in pvp too.

Shade Cares (holy f***) - same since 2007
    Heal Perks - same since 2003
    Drains - same since 2003
    Evades (....) - pretty much same since 2009 (not inculding gaunt or DB items - everyone has access to them)
    etc.

Shade Cares (holy f***) - same since 2007
    Heal Perks - same since 2003
    Drains - same since 2003
    Evades (....) - pretty much same since 2009 (not inculding gaunt or DB items - everyone has access to them)
    etc.

Yes shades have been top 3 DD class and one of the best classes for soloing for a long time. Since 2003 to be more precise. And ppl start complaining about it now?

Shades can be pretty gimpy until 210+...does that count for anything? The long dangerous hike to tl7?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I would rather see them useful across all the level ranges than sick OP at tl7 and useless everywhere else like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    And ppl start complaining about it now?

Shade is not only a DD class since the noshade flag got removed from most (all?) items.
    All of this is the result of giving shades more and more love. Evade Tank that can heal itself up that can almost permastun and drain the **** out of enemy's ...
    Last edited by Recharge; Sep 24th, 2014 at 12:39:16.

Exactly. What about other traditional DDers? MA should be comperable in DD, keeper in tanking, trader in debuffing, advy at evading and hunting? Shade owns all. Situationally crats can but wont do more DD, NTs did for a second bzt nolonger can.

Full disclosure, i have all those professions and shade leaves all in the dust. I would argue Shade is better tank than soldier for most content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

With keeper in team (hit blockers) shade can tank everything with no problems whatsoever, Beast, Xan etc. You don't even need enf anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Forz View Post
    Challenge accepted!
    I miss our duels btw... :-/
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by jooo View Post
    With keeper in team (hit blockers) shade can tank everything with no problems whatsoever, Beast, Xan etc. You don't even need enf anymore.
    Same goes for Shade and Crat, almost soloing everything!

Same goes for Shade and Crat, almost soloing everything!
    ROFL, Shade and Crat = 2 characters, soloing means playing alone (1 character).
    There is plenty of very strong combinations of 2 characters that can be even more effective than shade and crat.
    Shade's DD was always very high but in the past a lot of Shades avoided top DD set ups because staying alive was more important than beeing the highest (often dead) DD.
    It is because of Shade Caress and better taunting tools of Enfos that majority of Shades became DD junkies...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    ROFL, Shade and Crat = 2 characters, soloing means playing alone (1 character).
    blablabla
    It is because of Shade Caress and better taunting tools of Enfos that majority of Shades became DD junkies...
    ROFL LOL LOL LOL It is called Shade's Caress ... -.-!

BTT please

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast