Thread: i can t run the game on dedicated graphic card

i can t run the game on dedicated graphic card

the game doesnt recognize the dedicated graphic card im running on a laptop with intel 4600 series and nvidia gforce 840m , and i can only select primary display drivers or inter 4600 and once i get ingame the graphics are full of glitches , red lights , i have searched all the forums about this issue and i have tryed everything i could find , there still isnt a solution for this yet? i just bhought the game yesterday and its unplayable for me

this is the 100th topic about the same problem
    i got bored of it
    use the search button
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Last edited by Difs; Sep 21st, 2014 at 14:47:32.
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

you think i havent allready done that? i have spend the last 10 hours looking for a solution , from what i have found is that there is a problem with intel drivers and you cannot play on the integrated graphic card , however there is no way for me to change the game to use the nvidia card i have tryed everything

Disable integrated graphics in the bios, or disable in device manager force to primary and play.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I run this game with Intel HD Graphics 4000 just fine... I don't see how you can't play it with something better than mine

You must be a person that doesn't know how computers work
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Sep 21st, 2014 at 19:56:00.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Keep the insults out of this.

Anyhow please when you are posting to get assistance inform everyone what you have tried instead of just saying this isn't working. As well we need as much information as possible including but not limited to:
    • What solutions you might have tried
    • Details about the system
    • Any contact with http://help.funcom.com
    • Video related should include a DXDiag output log

Everyone should read This Guide. And ensure you have checked this This thread
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Sep 22nd, 2014 at 11:33:21.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

there is one thing you should try.
    first of all, make sure you have changed the settings in the nvidia panel to always use Nvidia card, and not automaticly.
    after that, right click on AO and select run with gfx/Nvidia.
    now that you are on the launcher, go to options and select borderless mode.
    quit the launcher and do it again, right click AO and select run with gfx/Nvidia.
    this should help.

I had 100% same problem, and I managed to solve it with this, sorry you can't run it in fullscreen tho.
    and to all of those who says, just disable it in bios, ehm it's not always an option as some BIOS does not have that function. you have to remember if the monitor is connect directly via the intel then it's not an option.
    anyway, try it, it might help
    Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Quote Originally Posted by StuPseN View Post
    there is one thing you should try.
    first of all, make sure you have changed the settings in the nvidia panel to always use Nvidia card, and not automaticly.
    after that, right click on AO and select run with gfx/Nvidia.
    now that you are on the launcher, go to options and select borderless mode.
    quit the launcher and do it again, right click AO and select run with gfx/Nvidia.
    this should help.

I had 100% same problem, and I managed to solve it with this, sorry you can't run it in fullscreen tho.
    and to all of those who says, just disable it in bios, ehm it's not always an option as some BIOS does not have that function. you have to remember if the monitor is connect directly via the intel then it's not an option.
    anyway, try it, it might help
    it still doesnt run on my nvidia card after i do all the above

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post
    Keep the insults out of this.

Anyhow please when you are posting to get assistance inform everyone what you have tried instead of just saying this isn't working. As well we need as much information as possible including but not limited to:
    • What solutions you might have tried
    • Details about the system
    • Any contact with http://help.funcom.com
    • Video related should include a DXDiag output log

Everyone should read This Guide. And ensure you have checked this This thread
    i have bhought the game 2 days ago in which i spend about 18 hours instaling and reinstaling drivers , speaking with you tech support that was anwsering me by mails every 30 mins , i have tryed everything they suggested me , and eventually told me to wait for the new engine , i find this very disturbing to pay for a game and not be able to play it because the game doesnt recognize my nvidia graphic card , and its running on my integrated graphic card wich no longer can render your game graphics

I'm sure you've tried this, but it worked for me. Go backwards thru the older official Drivers and find one that works. I had to do that & it helped considerably.
    Fwiw I'm using Intel HD Graphics 4000 and I can 6-log with ease. (Gets a little hairy after 6, but I can't complain for a laptop).

It's worth a try at the very least.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by frostynuuu View Post
    i have bhought the game 2 days ago in which i spend about 18 hours instaling and reinstaling drivers , speaking with you tech support that was anwsering me by mails every 30 mins , i have tryed everything they suggested me , and eventually told me to wait for the new engine , i find this very disturbing to pay for a game and not be able to play it because the game doesnt recognize my nvidia graphic card , and its running on my integrated graphic card wich no longer can render your game graphics
    did you managed to solve this in meantime?