Thread: S10 pb tanking

S10 pb tanking

So ok, I recently (just 5 minutes ago) tried some Rho relays
    I can take em down on my own, MA+ Doc duallogged (oldschool, no mb)
    But my MA, not overtwinked but has really good evades and decent damage, If I evade 1 out of 5 hits, its alot...
    I cycle my evades, have enough experience with that from my Shade nad 220 ma, so thats not a problem
    but I wanna ask is there any better way to tank them cause constantly having to CH, whilst it works, its very annoying
    Aside from GAIV fix, is there anything that can actually evade more then once per 5 hits?
    Now my ma has 1400ish Dodge/evade + 450ish aad + dof/limber cycle, and I can barely evade anything
    ANy tips here? Am I missing something ?

Here's my thought on this: If just a little bit more evades was the answer then we would all be dualing MA with a DVP spamming engi or possibly a crat.
    One reason behind the remake of the PBs and the whole spawning process was ( i think anyway) that it was kinda unfair and boring that one single setup of one single profession was capable of soloing the bosses, if they are working as intended then you will probably fail to manage evade tanking.

Imma pen and paper game today but i should be back about 11h from this post so PM me if you want a really ****e engi to spam you some DVP for testing.
    I imagine that you can manage to dig up a substitute ofc, Good luck anyways.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I like HP/High AC Keeper + Doc. 14k-15k hp.

I find Rho hits no matter what. Bu high acs and hp migitate damage great. Real nice.

Soldier and enfo might work even better and even cheaper.

So high ac high hp.. oh and -crit gear. I wear 4 yuttos for some -crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I like HP/High AC Keeper + Doc. 14k-15k hp.

I find Rho hits no matter what. Bu high acs and hp migitate damage great. Real nice.

Soldier and enfo might work even better and even cheaper.

So high ac high hp.. oh and -crit gear. I wear 4 yuttos for some -crit.
    I have 12k hp on my MA with doc buffs and have RRFE running, I dont get critted but just the amount of hits he does without debuffs (cant even see if doc proc hits or not as its not shown in target ncu)
    Its doable, but very very annoying, I'll have to look into keeper or soldier, I dont like enf too much either, but still need reasonable dd output as my doc isnt exactly high on dd, dont even have great weapons on, ql 170 type 1 + bloodletter (IP is tight on a doc) lolz
    Anyways, thanks for advice and tips
    I only did some of the pb's with a friend much longer ago in the old s10, I remember it was easier back then, at least back then hits could be evaded better

Edit, if I'm not mistaking, its mainly Energy and Melee ac that needs focus right?
    Last edited by grandefiasco; Sep 28th, 2014 at 14:47:09.

Rho simply hits like a truck. Thats probably the "trade-off" for no other annoying stuff like adds or drains.
    HP + AC is the way to go. I usually do it with enf/doc/MA...

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Did some Rho's the other day without a doc and some friends. sold/sold/ma/crat/fixer/enf. My soldier tanked the entire thing with about 11.3k HP. No issues, we dropped him before he could kill me. Even with a doc and only 1 other person, an engi spamming DVP works wonders, same with crat. Rho has crazy AAO but its not something you don't wanna prepare yourself against. Oh and by the way, enf is pretty decent DD at 150, especially in aliens. The DD on those is really what matters to get it down asap before tank dies/doc can't heal because hes dual logged/he starts changing agg because of fickle taunting mechanics.

Ya know, I've popped around 50 of them by now with just my MA and my doc, duallogged, no multibox (I refuse to sink that low), majority of the Rho's hits like said above, a truck, hard to evade, but every now and then, there's one that starts off by missing 5-10 hits and then goes on a rampage, I havent died, as my doc has enough perks etc to heal in CH recharge (not that I use many of them) and high ql stims, but I notice that he constantly hits between 1k and 1.4k but in very fast succession.
    Most energy based damage and melee in between
    My Ma has got about 4.8 and 5k in those ac's, not sure how much can be achieved on a 150 sol/keep/enf, but I suppose you'll need alot more to reduce the damage, fyi, that damage is already lowered by rrfe
    I'll have to try another tank profession once I get a toon to those levels, although it may not be for the near future as I may have to take a break of AO again already due to healthproblems, which I really really hate
    Anyways, thanks for advice and tips

How does a ga4 fare againt that boss? any1 has any evade stats on that?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

GA sux, boss has some evade bypassing mechanics. So you die with 2400 aad on.

It nukes you or what?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Its like a nuke, but not nanodamage. It does not seem lile GA4 does well, so.

In my opinion, for tanking Rho generals, MA works best. It has the best chances of mitigating damage and makes the doc's job easier. Dual logged, I can keep my MA alive by using mostly the LE heal - worst case, I need to use CH only once or twice if I botch the Limber / DoF cycle. MA's setup is not defense focused - while I do get hit, the incoming damage is quite manageable.

If I get a friend on his MA to join, it gets really fun.

If you manage to get an engie friend to join as well, it makes the job a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Somewhere, an engi logged in, and several soldiers just magically fell over dead.

heres a tip for ma+doc combo: spawn sigmas instead. it hits alot less than rho and if doc doesnt attack the boss it doesnt spawn flames on him, and you can just manuver around them with your ma.

so doc shld just stand in ch range and spam it while you fight the boss/avoid flames with your ma. alot easier than doing rho.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.