Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Its PVP.

Thus the kill can be stolen or the player can be healed. Likewise someone might jump in and save a friend but steal the kill.
    This is where I would disapprove of the system. It sets up a farming situation geared for 3 profs. Advy, agent, and shade - all stealth/cloak and wait to AS/SA/Dimach and steal your kills and increase their counters.

Duels could still work with 24 hour timer that any player /dueled can only count 1x toward kill counter every 24hour period to prevent farming. As far as over rides for pvp checks, any player city can have that building that does the same thing.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    all stealth/cloak and wait to AS/SA/Dimach and steal your kills
    Sure there will be gankers. Do ALL your pvp fights occur where someone can stealth out and steal it? Does someone really have time in a tower fight to sit around waiting for the kill shot? See the post I just made about adding an assist reward system. At least you would get something that way.

Duels could still work with 24 hour timer that any player /dueled can only count 1x toward kill counter every 24hour period to prevent farming. As far as over rides for pvp checks, any player city can have that building that does the same thing.
    I just don't think duels should add to a kill count. It promotes safe but slow farming. And it minimizes the reward system by taking away a great part of the risk.

This is not a have it nice and your way. This is about PVP and the fact that sometime it is completely and totally unfair, overmatched or you just get kill stolen. Every game I play that has open PVP including AO already has this problem. I can currently steal your PVP solo kill from you and increase my score. I am not introducing anything new. And I fall back to my point that if you cannot finish them quickly that there should be a risk for that.

My moto in real life and it applies to PVP in games.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck. If it is a balanced long fight and someone comes along and alpha's them down they earned the kill. Your tactics of engaging in a long fight in an area where you could get kill stolen was a bad tactical choice. Thus it had risk.

Edited:

I thought about the duel thing some more. Even more against it and I can explain why.

You suggested a 24 hour block on kill count raising from each person dueled. So every 72 hours I can get 3 kills but because of decays every 36 hours I loose 2. A net gain of 1. Over time you can farm top title form dueling an alt and never be flagged for PVP. That in no way is good for the system. Might as well not implement it. It literally tosses everything I tried to design with my original suggestion.

In short if the combat does not flag your for PVP it should not give you title or vp reward. Since the BS is open PVP it qualifies as being flagged. You can't sit on the BS and not be attackable. I will not support anything that provides reward with no risk. Also will not support a faster decay timer as that penalizes people with limited game time. I just cannot see a time where duels make sense. By design duels allow PVP without any of the risk of PVP. So they are not worthy imho of the rewards I am suggesting.
    Last edited by Lheann; Oct 9th, 2014 at 21:48:38.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Sure there will be gankers. Do ALL your pvp fights occur where someone can stealth out and steal it? Does someone really have time in a tower fight to sit around waiting for the kill shot?

I can currently steal your PVP solo kill from you and increase my score. I am not introducing anything new.
    Actually you kind of are suggesting something new, this "kill shot" is not the current mechanism which requires player A to have dealt 51-80% DD to player B in order to get credit for kill. Which is why you can kill someone on BS and not get any score or the vp drop loot right. The "kill shot" method does not. So I would be against that.

I just don't think duels should add to a kill count. It promotes safe but slow farming. And it minimizes the reward system by taking away a great part of the risk.

I thought about the duel thing some more. Even more against it and I can explain why.

You suggested a 24 hour block on kill count raising from each person dueled. So every 72 hours I can get 3 kills but because of decays every 36 hours I loose 2. A net gain of 1.

In short if the combat does not flag your for PVP it should not give you title or vp reward. Since the BS is open PVP it qualifies as being flagged. You can't sit on the BS and not be attackable.
    Now onto duels, set the timer at 36hours and problem solved.

With kill shot method you actually can sit on BS in stealth at core or cap point and just wait for someone else to do the work and rack up kill counter vp's. So yea you could sit there and not be attackable for extended periods of time.

Other those 2 points I could support majority of what you proposed.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Actually you kind of are suggesting something new, this "kill shot" is not the current mechanism which requires player A to have dealt 51-80% DD to player B in order to get credit for kill. Which is why you can kill someone on BS and not get any score or the vp drop loot right. The "kill shot" method does not. So I would be against that.
    Yeah and doing 90% of the damage and not being able to end it at that point because you have expended all your tools does not entitle you to the kill either if I can come along and close out the kill. Something to work on. So again maybe the assist reward aspect I posted as a follow a bit ago. Frankly if I do 99% of the damage and can't close it out I don't feel I deserve the kill count. Likewise if I do 99% and can close it out but you kill steal it I will be pissed. I see the point but do love the MOBA format that kill shot gets the kill. Puts the importance on being able to close deal so yeah the assist reward thing might be a good idea. It would be something that could be tried in a few formats I would hope.

Now onto duels, set the timer at 36hours and problem solved.
    OK I will just farm two toons via duel. 1 to negate the kill count decay and 1 to raise it. You really don't get it. As long as duels are allowed into this equation I can come up with a fast and easy method to bypass the farming protection. Because you are not flagged for PVP there is NO risk. There is no way to induce risk at all if duels are allowed into this. Toon1 farms Alt1 and Alt2 every 36 hours for 22.5 days of real time (15 kills each) then they have top title and there was NO risk. I am sorry but I know people that farm items that take 1000 or more kills on 2+ hour spawn timers. Dueling for top title would be easy compared. So what you are saying is Title farming/hugging should be rewarded. I am saying no to that by removing the easiest method of farming kills at NO risk. I understand that legit dueling should have a reward, but given the easiness at which it could be exploited to achieve a reward under this pvp idea I just can't support it.

With kill shot method you actually can sit on BS in stealth at core or cap point and just wait for someone else to do the work and rack up kill counter vp's. So yea you could sit there and not be attackable for extended periods of time.
    There is a skill to overcome stealth. Maybe you should invest points in it if this bothers you. You are not pointing out something that cannot be overcome through existing mechanics.

Also if someone does this during a round they will become a target because of the scaling VP reward they will become worth it. Imagine you having 20+ kills then being swarmed for the VP reward. You see it has a balancing point. At some point you keeping everyone on the opposing teams kill streak count under 3 and the kill steals because of your method will piss your team off cause they are not getting any VP or kill count from killing them. So when you do get swarmed do you really think they are going to help you the person that kept stealing their kills? Nope. There is balance in this you just have to think it through. People that steal kills will soon get a rep for it. Don't think it will be a good rep either.

Other those 2 points I could support majority of what you proposed.
    I am glad you like the idea. I personally am tired of the crap about bring back the old system or the general whining. At least this is a suggestion that has real rewards and is at least trying to present an option that is balanced.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

Likewise if I do 99% and can close it out but you kill steal it I will be pissed. I see the point but do love the MOBA format that kill shot gets the kill. Puts the importance on being able to close deal so yeah the assist reward thing might be a good idea.
    Glad you can see the issue here, it promotes "alpha" strike mentality that with the new deflect mechanism on test, is just not realistic if it remains.

OK I will just farm two toons via duel. 1 to negate the kill count decay and 1 to raise it. You really don't get it. As long as duels are allowed into this equation I can come up with a fast and easy method to bypass the farming protection. Because you are not flagged for PVP there is NO risk. There is no way to induce risk at all if duels are allowed into this. Toon1 farms Alt1 and Alt2 every 36 hours for 22.5 days of real time (15 kills each) then they have top title and there was NO risk. I am sorry but I know people that farm items that take 1000 or more kills on 2+ hour spawn timers. Dueling for top title would be easy compared. So what you are saying is Title farming/hugging should be rewarded. I am saying no to that by removing the easiest method of farming kills at NO risk. I understand that legit dueling should have a reward, but given the easiness at which it could be exploited to achieve a reward under this pvp idea I just can't support it.
    Ok lets examine this as a non duel scenario. Player 1 takes his 2 froob accounts of toons lets say 12 in all to any of the following:

a. Notum silo in org city
    b. deserted political zones
    c. will to fight
    d. bar in mort
    e. either empty arena
    d. rarely or never attacked org tower field when hot

There is NO RISK in those situations either to title farm. What difference does it make unless you state the ONLY PLACE to gain or lose titles and rewards is in BS zone? Because I can see no reason to eliminate duels when I just listed off 5 other ways to avoid any RISK.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

c. will to fight
    d. bar in mort
    e. either empty arena
    A. Does not meet the "not in same org" rule already established. So it would not raise the kill count.
    B-D. All flag your toon with a PVP flag that if you are found by someone you can be attacked. That is the risk factor I am talking about. Someone could figure out that you and 1 or 2 alt accounts are in those locations and come gank you for 1 or 2 easy kills.

So you want to make me happy with the duel thing? Then have it where winning any duel that gives you a title under this new system also flags you for PVP. Sure you can duel all you want. You can even farm that title. Now you have to avoid showing it off till that flag is gone or RISK getting attacked. Here is my thing, if people started farming duels for titles then duels should be removed. I am willing to try it your way if you are willing to accept that eliminating obvious abuse and farming via duels could require that duels not be included in this new title & reward system. Lastly I am also willing to consider a separate titling system based on kill streaks like my current idea but one that is for duels only and does not include the VP bounty.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

I have set quiet on the PVP rewards scene for a while now. Here are my thoughts.

1. The reward needs to be not farmable. Or at least very hard to not farm with an army of alts.
    2. The reward should be available at all levels.

I am going to use a system from MOBA's because it rewards going after players that have been successful at killing and staying alive. This also prevents farming your legion of alts for kills to raise some kill counter because the reward is based on the player having kills racked up.

The System
    Once a player has greater than 3 kills racked up they have a bounty placed on them for every kill above 3. The bounty scales up so there is greatly more reward for killing someone on a 10 kill killing streak vice on 4 kills.

Formulas
    Length of Kill Streak - 3 = Reward Base
    if ( Reward Base <= 3 )
    Reward Base * 100 = Actual VP Awarded
    else if ( Reward Base <= 7 )
    Reward Base * 200 = Actual VP Awarded
    else if ( Reward Base <= 10 )
    Reward Base * 300 = Actual VP Awarded
    else /* greater then 10 kills in streak */
    Reward Base * 400 = Actual VP Awarded

Some Examples:
    "George The Man Killer" has won 4 PVP fights (not duels) in a row. Win = killed opponent.
    "Trisha Loves To Gank" engages George in a PVP fight and kills him.
    George's streak count resets to 0.
    Trisha's streak count increases by 1.
    Trisha reward is (4 - 3) = 1 * 100 = 100 VP

"Eddy Trox From Brains" has won 15 fights in his current streak.
    "No Nano Nathan" jumps him in bor and manages a victory.
    Eddy's streak count resets to 0.
    Nathan's streak count increases by 1.
    Nathan's reward is ( 15 - 3 ) = 12 * 400 = 4800 VP

Now the actually VP reward and scaling steps are subject to adjustment but the idea is you get nothing for killing someone that has zero kills. The big rewards come from killing people on huge streaks.

Title System
    Now how would a player know if the target has value?
    Target and press T. At the very top should be added a Large Bold line that says something like

if ( Kill Streak <= 3 )
    is blank you have title yet
    else if ( Kill Streak <= 5 )
    On a Killing Spree
    else if ( Kill Streak <= 8 )
    Dominating
    else if ( Kill Streak <= 11 )
    Devastor of Souls
    else if ( Kill Streak <= 14 )
    Master of Anarchy
    else
    Grand Master of Death

Again subject to lore fitting phrases but something to consider. As an alternative to the info being on the target info page FC could make it display above the character name. In this case I think it should be a non-optional display. Basically if you PVP you get these cool titles but they will be visible because they motivate others to take you down thus motivating PVP. I like the forced display above character name option myself.

Title Hugging
    Now to kill Title Huggers from happening again.
    Your kill streak decays by 1 every 36 hours of real time. So if you get to Master of Anarchy you have to keep killing to keep that or else will go away. One other change I would subscribe to. Running into a back yard to escape death penalize you 5 kill counts.
    Basically something along the lines of:

if ( in PVP combat and Zone Entered == backyard )
    Kill Streak = Kill Streak - 5
    if ( Kill Streak < 0 ) Kill Streak = 0

In short make it costly to backyard hug. Sure you live and save some title but you will lose something as well.

Farming
    No matter the controls put in place farming will happen. That is the nature of online games. But we can make it work to farm. Here is a list of rules that I think would be a good start at slowing down farming.

Kill streak does not increment if players are in same org.
    Kill streak does not increment if players are in a back yard.
    Kill streak does not increment if player killed target in last 15 minutes and gas level >= 25%. (time is subject to adjustment)
    Kill streak does not increment if player is in 100% gas area.
    Kill streak does not increment if fight is a duel.
    Kill streak does not increment if player is on noob island/arete.

I am seriously considering kill streak no incrementing if players are same faction. Guess that one can be open to debate but the idea is to promote PVP. Since game lore is faction based PVP then the rule makes some sense.

Battle Stations
    The system will be active on the battle stations. You get someone dominating and manage to take them down there should be reward for that. Likewise if you dominate the battle station you can come off it with a nice title.

Closing
    I Hope I have covered the basic ground work well enough for people to consider this. In short I want to give back Visible Titles, introduce real spendable rewards for PVP and promote a system that encourages and rewards targeting of the more successful PVPers. In short you kill a lot and you become a target to be killed. Now with more VP coming in from this suggestion it would be time for FC to add more good stuff we can spend in on.
    This. I hope Michi reads it.
    If you don't like it, quit.
    If you're staying, stop bitching about it and help.
    If you don't wanna help, at least don't hurt it.

I like the exits in missions the most.
    By far, best thing I red over all the months.
    <3
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

A. Does not meet the "not in same org" rule already established. So it would not raise the kill count.
    B-D. All flag your toon with a PVP flag that if you are found by someone you can be attacked. That is the risk factor I am talking about. Someone could figure out that you and 1 or 2 alt accounts are in those locations and come gank you for 1 or 2 easy kills.

So you want to make me happy with the duel thing? Then have it where winning any duel that gives you a title under this new system also flags you for PVP. Sure you can duel all you want. You can even farm that title. Now you have to avoid showing it off till that flag is gone or RISK getting attacked. Here is my thing, if people started farming duels for titles then duels should be removed. I am willing to try it your way if you are willing to accept that eliminating obvious abuse and farming via duels could require that duels not be included in this new title & reward system. Lastly I am also willing to consider a separate titling system based on kill streaks like my current idea but one that is for duels only and does not include the VP bounty.
    Like the idea .. would it be possible to have the PVP flag duration be based on title ?

or i.e flag == Title it that case .. if that makes more sense

Maybe mething like this (not entire sure how we should calucalte the duration but some variant of this, maybe ... )

So "rank 1" => no reward but flag for duration 1/3 of decay time
    So "rank 2" => no reward but flag for duration 2/3 of decay time
    So "rank 3" => no reward but flag for duration 3/3 of decay time

So "rank 4" => no reward but flag for duration 4/3 of decay time

etc ...
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    History of great experiences during Anarchy Online timeplay:

2001 - I just saw a player!
    2002 - I was in huge battle!
    2003 - I have Made first twink!
    2004 - I have made first quest in Shadowlands
    2005 - I dinged 220
    2006 - Was that an Alien? Holy Mothership...
    2007 - I own my first ql 300 CSS!
    2008 - We did Beast with just 3 guys!
    2009 - Damn, that Xan weapons LoX... erm Rox!
    2010 - Finnaly first character fully geared with all best stuff.
    2011 - Battlestations are so much zerg wars
    2012 - I have made set of twinks for new level ranges, they rocks!
    2013 - I made few 220 characters to level other characters...
    2014 - I saw a player!

I have set quiet on the PVP rewards scene for a while now. Here are my thoughts.
    Your idea has some flaws though:

1.) It doesn't promote dynamic, open, fun pvp at all. Same as it's been with old title hugging, it's gonna be pvp that will only reward those who have the most free time to stare at their screen waiting until someone worth killing shows up. Same as today's city pvp basically only it would reward those who actually pvp the least, or in the most cowardly manner. Attack > hide until flag runs out > attack again. It's a very unfair and one-sided system that shouldn't be rewarding at all, not even with cosmetic titles let alone actual rewards.

2.) It doesn't promote team play whatsoever. On the contrary it discourages teamplay when your only goal is to outdamage everyone else on a single target.

3.) For some getting killing streaks is all too easy, for others it's practically impossible. This system heavily favors the already heavily favored professions with big alpha damage potential and high survivability. Professions that are primary focus in pvp and don't have good alpha killing power to begin with (like doctors, crat, engies) can simply forget any kind of reward, ever.

4.) The idea of being a focus target isn't what anyone would want in this game because in pvp it is very easy to die without even having a chance to react. Getting punished because three people pressed aimedshot in the same second is stupid.

What this game lacks is dynamic pvp, that anyone can join at (almost) any time. At the moment it's pretty ridiculous and your system wouldn't change a thing. Notum wars are extinct and broken in more way than any of you can imagine, tara only spawns once every 9 hours and is uncontested 99/100 spawns on average. City pvp doesn't last long because whenever one side pushes the other out that's pretty much it for the next few hours, not to mention it's sploiters galore. Battlestations are just a leveling area where killing lowbies is a crime against nature and an insult to the carebear gods, I'm actually surprised that funcom didn't make gaining a kill score kick you out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Is there any MOBA element that could be carried over that would help inspire team pvp as well?
    It's as simple as rewarding everyone involved, with better rewards on the winning side of course. Better rewards will motivate people to want to win and it's much easier to win in a mass pvp environment if they team up. That's why I suggested that rewarding pvp should be limited to battlestations, not only because it's by far the most balanced pvp environment in AO (even though it does need a few tweaks) it's also an area where soloing is slightly harder than team pvp.

Edited for clarification: by rewards I don't mean useless cosmetic rub my epeen titles.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Oct 10th, 2014 at 16:03:41.

Ok lets examine this as a non duel scenario. Player 1 takes his 2 froob accounts of toons lets say 12 in all to any of the following:

c. will to fight
    d. bar in mort
    e. either empty arena

There is NO RISK in those situations either to title farm.
    B-D. All flag your toon with a PVP flag that if you are found by someone you can be attacked. That is the risk factor I am talking about.
    Let me further clarify this, the froob accounts do not have to be in same org, just needs to duplicate a key or team them to bring into city. But that is beside the point, this "RISK" factor you keep talking about because of a flag is pyrrhic at best.

There are a dozen or more places where someone could flag and farm there own froob alts and afk wait out the flag. OR attack a guard and reclaim to lose flag. OR garden warp to SL and wait out flag.

Another point to make is DAILY I have done shop lifter mission on 1-2 toons, for over a year and not once have I ever been attacked in OT or Clan cities. That is being flagged from shop to shop, returning to whompa or grid in target city AND then entering mission city to go to daily mission building. Zero attacks at least 4-6 opportunities daily while flagged.

The point is there is a flaw in assuming there is some inherent "risk" from being flagged. 90% of time in pvp there is no risk because most players are only going to alpha a prof they think they can kill, or with your system only alpha a player already engaged fighting someone else to steal the kill and run off to hide.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

That all have their unique role their are proficient in is my favored system. AO has since lox gone way too much towards first-person shooting with it's focus around special-attacks in pvp. The bs-nerf (change of geometry) was horrible when people mostly complained about spawncamping. What we need is to have battlestation and tarasque actually function. It's just broken and I think it hurts AO's playerbase badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    ame as today's city pvp basically only it would reward those who actually pvp the least, or in the most cowardly manner. Attack > hide until flag runs out > attack again. It's a very unfair and one-sided system that shouldn't be rewarding at all, not even with cosmetic titles let alone actual rewards.

Semitrue.

So it's best to get reward for participating in pvp. The old titlesystem seemed to discourage pvp (afk'ing etc) so lets say you need to stay in the zone with flag to get currency for phatz. Similar to BS. On bs you get a chance to get revenge cause few leave bs b4 end.

When it comes to stealth I think it's a valid battle-methodic. Some of us actually prefer to focus on them as our primary target, so we actually hunt the hunters.

2.) It doesn't promote team play whatsoever.

Agree, altho many doesn't like to be confided to a team in their quality-time, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't still aid their side. The uber teambuffs and similar initiatives to promote 'teamplay' won't change that but only buff dual-loggers, mb'ers and zergtrains.

Notum wars are extinct and broken in more way than any of you can imagine, tara only spawns once every 9 hours and is uncontested 99/100 spawns on average. City pvp doesn't last long because whenever one side pushes the other out that's pretty much it for the next few hours, not to mention it's sploiters galore. Battlestations are just a leveling area where killing lowbies is a crime against nature and an insult to the carebear gods, I'm actually surprised that funcom didn't make gaining a kill score kick you out yet.

tru dat

• Bring back old geometry in bs.
    • More phatz in vp-shop
    • More focus on professions in pvp.
    • Less focus on generic ai-perks and special-attacks.
    • More setup-disparity (no more cookie-cutter endgame setups plz)
    • Level-lock lands in a state of war and create decoon-rooms there. More war, some wait but less traveling.
    • Remove bs's thats only used for leveling and give new pvm-daily for compensation
    • Remove or rework pvp-dailies and encounters that doesn't work to it's intention

Better rewards will motivate people to want to win and it's much easier to win in a mass pvp environment if they team up.

Or let everyone adapt to a multiplayer pvp-environment as they see fit and in accordance with the function of their profession.

Edited for clarification: by rewards I don't mean useless cosmetic rub my epeen titles
    Yeah, xp + vp and more yesdrop-phatz (maybe not ai-bots and boc but high ql-clusters, implants, stimulants, towers, buffstuffz etc) in vp-shop. I do think pvm and pvp-dalies should be mutually exlusive tho, so you don't attract the wrong crowd and create additional grinds for them, but create a alternative to pvm instead, partiqulary aimed at pvp-orientated players. I actually think that would work, or at least encourge pvp.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Oct 11th, 2014 at 16:22:38.

L
    Another point to make is DAILY I have done shop lifter mission on 1-2 toons, for over a year and not once have I ever been attacked in OT or Clan cities.
    Should be a mission to destroy those doors, so you can't enter them for a while. It's a war and destroying infrastructure is a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone!

I hope you've all had a nice September. It's hard to believe the month is over and it's time to write my second update letter.

.... .... ....

That's what I have for this month. Thank you everyone and have a great October!
    It would appear that 18.7 and the new 18.6.15 patch will not reach Live before Halloween??? Is that correct?

I am assuming Halloween content will be out on Live in the next week or so.

Emma

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    It would appear that 18.7 and the new 18.6.15 patch will not reach Live before Halloween??? Is that correct?

I am assuming Halloween content will be out on Live in the next week or so.

Emma
    We plan to patch before Halloween to prepare for the Halloween festivities. The new Inferno Missions won't be included in this Live patch, as I want to them to sit on Testlive for a little longer than this schedule will allow, but they're also around the corner.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Able to point me in the direction of these new missions as I've not been able to find anything new so far in Inferno...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Able to point me in the direction of these new missions as I've not been able to find anything new so far in Inferno...
    Sorry for being unclear; they're currently not on Testlive either.

I'll be sure to make more of an announcement when we've put Testlive back to 18.6 and the missions are open for testing.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Sorry for being unclear; they're currently not on Testlive either.

I'll be sure to make more of an announcement when we've put Testlive back to 18.6 and the missions are open for testing.
    Thanks for the response. I was surprised i'd missed those appearing

Now chop-chop, go get 'em on TL so we can beak stuffz please
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

We plan to patch before Halloween to prepare for the Halloween festivities. The new Inferno Missions won't be included in this Live patch, as I want to them to sit on Testlive for a little longer than this schedule will allow, but they're also around the corner.
    Thanks ... Sooo is the downtime on October 22nd the patch to activate the Halloween Activities? Will Halloween activities, UPH/GUPH, Spooky Leet missions, etc. be active when the servers come back up or at a different time?

Emma

Very happy to see the BS dailies coming back. I'm just wondering, if you found a solution now, why weren't they changed back then already instead of removed? Would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

Regarding the mission exit thing: Great! But will you also consider giving s13/s35 an exit button like s28? I know there's a quick drop-team-get-out solution, but it doesn't clear the protection shield. And maybe an exit button at the start of s28? For being able to refresh the shield as you can in s13/s35, in case you did choose the drop-team solution.
    I seem to recall that you said adding such exit buttons to rubi-ka mishes would be a lot more difficult, than to other existing missions. Any update on that? Like, maybe a breakthrough? It would come in real handy when rushing bosses.

I'm really bummed the new missions can be pulled by everyone above lvl 170. I was actually hoping the whole thing about leeching lowies in inf would be sort of addressed sometime, but now it seems it just got set in stone. I guess no matter how much content will ever be put into scheol/ado/penu, it just can't compete with that.

Looking forward to the patchnotes to see the entire list of QoL changes!
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast