Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2014

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Nice progress. However.

Will these missions scale based on lvl or be capped?

Will these be a better alternative for 220 toon doing research lvls 9-10?

Also do you see these missions promoting more solo or dual logged play instead of teamed?
    The level of the mobs will be static, based on the mission of the player who talks to the starting NPC; easy = 220, medium = 235, hard = 255. I will be adjusting the stats (particularly HP) so that a 255 mission isn't a chain of huge HP bars, but offers challenge other ways. Some kind of mix between Shadowlands mission mobs and Neretva DB grunts.

The gains of this mission should be faster to obtain than the current missions, so it should prove to be a more efficient means to get the higher research levels.

Unlike S35's protect stuff vs. alien hoards, the objects will be further apart, with mobs spawning from different points. There will be somewhat clear feedback of which NPCs are hurting more than others, but players will need to keep tabs on all 3 of these. A team would be the best suited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    On time and with good solid info. Good start to the GD business

I wonder just how much inspiration for the Inferno Missions was taken from TSW's Scenarios Hoping for random bosses/traitors/benefactors/supply drops... (And a sarcastic voice that tells you if one of the survivors has died, making the term 'survivor' ironic.)

Interested in finding out what alterations have been made to the BS dailies to allow them to make a return, yet avoid the issues they got shut down for in the first place.
    I may or may not have used the word "scenario" when describing what I hoped to accomplish with this piece of content.

The new BS missions will behave similarly to the Elite Daily Missions which require you to hunt down x amount of specific mobs within a dungeon...except it'll be doing 3 Battlestations. If new issues crop up, we'll figure out better/safer solutions.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I like your ideas on the New Inferno Missions. I look forward to logging my toons to see if I can solo them.
    I also like the idea of bringing back the xp gains from BS missions.
    Can you please elaborate on the loot table and what can possibly drop from the New Inferno Missions?
    Last edited by Therrito; Sep 30th, 2014 at 16:29:21.
    The mind is like a parachute.
    It works best when it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    The new BS missions will behave similarly to the Elite Daily Missions which require you to hunt down x amount of specific mobs within a dungeon...except it'll be doing 3 Battlestations. If new issues crop up, we'll figure out better/safer solutions.
    Safe to assume kind of a "return mission" for each step or to get next "target" update you must leave and return to a new BS round?

Also will these be kill player/prof missions or actual NPC's inside BS? Because everyone could get stuck if the kill prof is one that is rarely on BS like MP.

If NPCs are they mobile/random spawn or able to be camped?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Safe to assume kind of a "return mission" for each step or to get next "target" update you must leave and return to a new BS round?

Also will these be kill player/prof missions or actual NPC's inside BS? Because everyone could get stuck if the kill prof is one that is rarely on BS like MP.

If NPCs are they mobile/random spawn or able to be camped?
    Sounds like he's talking about something else altogether. You've probably done the Den Mantis daily (ends with mantis queen). Think of it this way. Currently that mission is something like:

Kill 5 Den Mantis Ravangers (get xp reward)
    Kill 5 Den Nano-Mantis (get xp reward)
    Kill 5 Den Guardians (get xp reward)
    Kill 5 Den Breeders (get xp reward)
    Kill Mantis Queen (get xp reward/tokens/get 18hr lockout for next one)

I'm thinking instead he means the 3x Battlestation daily will be:

Complete Battlestation 1 (get xp reward/tokens/VP)
    Complete Battlestation 2 (get xp reward/tokens/VP)
    Complete Battlestation 3 (get xp reward/tokens/VP/get 18hr lockout for next one)
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Michizure, thank you so much for the update! Good stuff!!!

Cago30
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    I can see why the game has so many people leave, since they can't do team things.
    I hope they make it where you're required to have at least 4 people to do it.
    Yes, well done, some people live and play in timezones where getting a full Inf team is a problem. Why is asking if new content is doable in these areas a problem again?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Almost as if kintaii I were back with the wall of text
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Reimplementing the 3x Battlestation daily missions, and giving them XP rewards back. These missions will be done in a slightly different style to remedy some of the previous problems, and will be more true to their original design.

Adding mission exits. To cut down on the downtime between missions, upon killing a mission boss, an exit item that'll send you to the start of the mission, will spawn. This initial pass will be for Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, and Lost Eden missions.

thank you, this is great progess.
    you are are a great game director and so is the persons who helped you.
    would love to hear who has helped you lately to get some things going, becose they also deserve some creds.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 30th, 2014 at 19:48:40. Reason: added quote tags

Adding mission exits. To cut down on the downtime between missions, upon killing a mission boss, an exit item that'll send you to the start of the mission, will spawn. This initial pass will be for Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, and Lost Eden missions.

best news ever. getting out was the worst!

my 2 cents

each leveling zone should have more hard capped level ranges. Allowing 170 into inferno makes everyone skip from Ely to Inf. I know this is how its been since Inferno missions were introduced. . . But it hasn't 'always' been like this. Players used to use dps meters and sk/hour as a gimp meter and kick ppl that weren't performing. Everything that used to be a challenge was removed and nothing has replaced it with a challenge.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Sep 30th, 2014 at 21:23:50.

I have been requesting this for years. Randomly generated BS Mini-Missions if you will.

1. Kill 'x' amount of people
    2. Kill 'x' or 'y' profession - To handle the issue of a limited number of 1 profession being in the BS
    3. Cap 'x' amount of points in a round - Now, non-PvPers would have a goal oriented task as opposed to simply trying to cap just for the sake of getting out of a PvP environment as fast as possible
    4. Kill someone in an APT or Mech - Assist newer PvPers how these vehicles work
    5. Missions that require your profession to use a specific element of your toolset when killing someone - This would help you learn your profession better (Though these may be a bit more difficult to implement as some people have different setups)

Fantastic update though Michizure

May I request lowering the level req to 160 though? With the new content, most people will be eager to use this as opposed to going through 1 more Inf Mission after all these years That being said, all of those people who take their alts to Inferno at 160 in order to team with their 220's will be limited to either trying to find people for an Inferno mission (which is already a task in itself), or to do daily's / more ely kiting in order to enjoy this new content even though they are able to team with TL 7's.

Cool update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    May I request lowering the level req to 160 though? With the new content, most people will be eager to use this as opposed to going through 1 more Inf Mission after all these years That being said, all of those people who take their alts to Inferno at 160 in order to team with their 220's will be limited to either trying to find people for an Inferno mission (which is already a task in itself), or to do daily's / more ely kiting in order to enjoy this new content even though they are able to team with TL 7's.
    Or pull Pen missions for Blue Mist LIKE MEN USED TO DO

I didn't see anything about sided mobs in the new missions, but i'm assuming there will be.
    If not it would enable cooperation across factions.

But, if they are "unsided" you'de still need to do old regular missions for faction, something to think about
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Sep 30th, 2014 at 22:29:20.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

FINALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........................!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    But, if they are "unsided" you'de still need to do old regular missions for faction, something to think about
    Good point...unless you are neutral
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Any chance that you'll also make a quick change to inferno missions such that all missions scale to the 220 version of easy/medium/hard regardless of the level of the puller?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Great news! I'm excited to see what other QoL changes that is to come upon us!

The re-implementing of the bs missions is fantastic news, finally i can spend more time in bs with a reason!

Michizure, can we expect a date as to when this will hit TestLive?

I would also like to thank you for your PM the other week about my personal question, appreciate that.

EDIT: Is there any updates on how things are going with all the ideas and suggestions that was written in the official suggestion thread for 18.7 patch?
    Last edited by Oliveerz; Oct 1st, 2014 at 00:06:09.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Unlike previous GD who overlook minor issues and failed to fix bigger issues, Michizure is the man who will fix most issues.
    Michizure used to fix small /meaningless bugs players frequently reports with enthusiasm back in the days. I say this not to kiss up or anything, but from my own experience.

Best Regards,
    Proud owner of Michizure T shirt
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Damn, these are some high quality changes coming on! I'm really stoked, all these changes should reinvigorate a lot of BS activity, and change up the SL grind a bit (thank goodness!)

Well done Michi, keep up the good work!

I am very happy that your first focus is on what we needed. your current customers that support you, and will continue to support you. past gd seems to have worked on gimmicky things to pull in new subs, while neglecting the people that actually supported the game. Thank you Michi.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast