Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2014

Jill, I think - if there are new missions, which will have exact same reward (%) no matter who pulls (so if its 170 or 220), changes to Inf are not needed this much. Still Infs (old ones) will be good SK, and there is now alternative to this grind
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Cool update. Or pull Pen missions for Blue Mist LIKE MEN USED TO DO
    yessssss
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Or pull Pen missions for Blue Mist LIKE MEN USED TO DO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    yessssss
    Or do Ado hecks like OLD MEN USED TO DO

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Ado hecks until your eyes bleed out and you ding 220 with an an overall crappy faction, old school 4tw
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Oct 1st, 2014 at 09:38:07.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Halloween!#!#!#!#!#!

Funcom employee

Thank you all for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm thinking instead he means the 3x Battlestation daily will be:

Complete Battlestation 1 (get xp reward/tokens/VP)
    Complete Battlestation 2 (get xp reward/tokens/VP)
    Complete Battlestation 3 (get xp reward/tokens/VP/get 18hr lockout for next one)
    Yep! This is what I meant - sorry for being unclear.

Though, those kinds of PvP missions of hunting down x number of players with specific professions/sides/etc. sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Any chance that you'll also make a quick change to inferno missions such that all missions scale to the 220 version of easy/medium/hard regardless of the level of the puller?
    While very powerful, the system that generates those missions (and all the other randomly generated mission content) isn't the easiest to modify for specific situations. This is part of the reason why I was looking forward to making new XP content, as I'll be able to tweak/adjust things much more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Michizure, can we expect a date as to when this will hit TestLive?

EDIT: Is there any updates on how things are going with all the ideas and suggestions that was written in the official suggestion thread for 18.7 patch?
    I am somewhat gun shy to provide dates just yet...there are still some changes I need to make before it's shipped to QA, etc. I'll be sure to post up an announcement when it's up. As a generous estimate, I expect it on Testlive within the month, unless utter catastrophe strikes.

Getting these Inferno missions out the door has been the primary focus, though full attention will be returned to 18.7 once they have been shipped to Live.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    I didn't see anything about sided mobs in the new missions, but i'm assuming there will be.
    If not it would enable cooperation across factions.

But, if they are "unsided" you'de still need to do old regular missions for faction, something to think about
    Ah, sorry for not mentioning it, but each of these missions will have faction-sided mobs in them. If you're Neutral, you can choose which side you would like to fight for.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Michizure, you give me hope for Rubi-Ka. Well done so far sir, well done.

I would like to know what we can expect from the Halloween event this year, when we can expect new items in the cash store, (Parasite Helmet perhaps?) and when we might see new VP items available?
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Now, it would be REALLY nice if we go an opion to go into te game and get a GRACE to resub without having to pay to resub in order to do that, any fix inc for that?

Also something fun to do would be to use the team level thingy that nobody really knows what it's for and put it to good use.

Here is an idea, bump it +1 for every hard mish that's finish and when it reaches max value unlock a hardcore suicide mish with lvl 300 mobs for massive xp and maybe some phats/xp buffs, that would be fun
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Oct 1st, 2014 at 14:56:15.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Can we get ofab pads for the remaining profs that don't have them? This would urge some into the battlestations.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone!

I hope you've all had a nice September. It's hard to believe the month is over and it's time to write my second update letter.

Additional 18.6.15 changes:
    We are still going through various lists of suggestions/feedback, but two of the additional changes for this patch will be:

Reimplementing the 3x Battlestation daily missions, and giving them XP rewards back. These missions will be done in a slightly different style to remedy some of the previous problems, and will be more true to their original design.

Adding mission exits. To cut down on the downtime between missions, upon killing a mission boss, an exit item that'll send you to the start of the mission, will spawn. This initial pass will be for Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, and Lost Eden missions.

There will also be several more QoL improvements/bug fixes, which will be listed out when the patch reaches Testlive.

That's what I have for this month. Thank you everyone and have a great October!
    Hi Michizure

Thanks for the update and all your answers within this thread ...

When you refer to putting XP back into Battlestation missions did you mean all the John Smith missions or only the 3x Battlestation?

Emma

is it possible to make level 9 and 10 research lines a little easyer to level up? any adjustment would be so damn appriciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    is it possible to make level 9 and 10 research lines a little easyer to level up? any adjustment would be so damn appriciated.
    /signed
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Please Michi, this certainly falls under 'QoL changes'. It's such a flawed design move.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Speaking of Quality of Life. It would be nice if you added some daily style xp/sk rewards to the following questlines:

- Bronto Burger crowd (nano/lowbie cyborg board) quests
    - Sided Shouldpad quest
    - Dustbrigade questline
    - Bazzit's quest

None of those quests are repeatable but would provide some nice additional xp/sk boosts to help out with the grind.
    You can find me at:

And just to REALLY push our luck, maybe add the XP/SK bonuses back on to garden keys for ALL levels?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    And just to REALLY push our luck, maybe add the XP/SK bonuses back on to garden keys for ALL levels?
    Making garden keys easier to obtain and not a trainwreck would be better.. WTB inferno key spot... If it ever does get done again sometime while I'm young...

its what i've been saying. must have content should be soloable. garden and sanct keys, your nanos....their solution to the dropping population is to now sell them. and yes. a lot of orgs do them. but the circles these things are done became more and more intimate and for some people a lot of the content is now...well its going to be buyable. that says it all. well actually i may be wrong. good chance by now there are no players left who do not have the majority of their friend base in cyberspace.

Wait, he says new inferno missions. I thought the new missions were going to be present in all SL gardens? Or maybe doing that would be unnecessary given how the alternatives to leveling at lower levels is so varied. Maybe once the whole ely OST thing gets addressed maybe implement them there?

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Wait, he says new inferno missions. I thought the new missions were going to be present in all SL gardens? Or maybe doing that would be unnecessary given how the alternatives to leveling at lower levels is so varied. Maybe once the whole ely OST thing gets addressed maybe implement them there?
    Did someone say the ely OST thing was getting addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Making garden keys easier to obtain and not a trainwreck would be better.. WTB inferno key spot... If it ever does get done again sometime while I'm young...
    Seems like my org pops a key set or two every month or as need arises. I've never observed inf keys to be some sort of rare commodity... sanctuary key,that's another thing. People don't like doing Mordeth raids, it seems

I don't know you in game in terms of what level toons you have or anything of that sort. I will tell you that I've been farming inf key parts probably since around 2005. My first farmer was my doctor (started doing it at 216+) and years later I transitioned to my trader to avoid having to worry over adds. 2 of pretty much any combination of TL7 professions can farm all of the pocketboss patterns except, Clanside, Nyame [A 215+ doctor can farm them all solo, including Nyame.]

It has always puzzled me why so many people go without the key rather than farm the parts. The bosses aren't camped (I can attest to that after farming up a set about a month ago and working on another set the past few days.) If you need some help in game, and you're clan, send me a PM.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 04:38:02.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    The gameplay is similar to what I did with the Entvined vs. Enigma encounter (though heavily toned down difficulty-wise, and actually possible to complete), so I'm not sure how well you could take a break mid-fight. That said, one of the main goals with these missions was to create something that can be completed more quickly than traditional SL missions, so hopefully it'll be able to fit within a tighter schedule.
    I absolutely hated that encounter. Please tell us that there is something about it worth separating it with its previous two incarnations, because I really didn't see any value in it as new content. I ran around in circles and swatted things, just like everyone else does at mort cyborgs. Giving that boring gameplay with a new coat of paint is not exactly a landmark of game design.

Everything else sounded great.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 12:49:14.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast