Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2014

Oh yeah and dat entvine place with nt where you have to stop to cast dot nukes... hrrr
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Will these changes be patched to beta also?

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Did someone say the ely OST thing was getting addressed?

Seems like my org pops a key set or two every month or as need arises. I've never observed inf keys to be some sort of rare commodity... sanctuary key,that's another thing. People don't like doing Mordeth raids, it seems

I don't know you in game in terms of what level toons you have or anything of that sort. I will tell you that I've been farming inf key parts probably since around 2005. My first farmer was my doctor (started doing it at 216+) and years later I transitioned to my trader to avoid having to worry over adds. 2 of pretty much any combination of TL7 professions can farm all of the pocketboss patterns except, Clanside, Nyame [A 215+ doctor can farm them all solo, including Nyame.]

It has always puzzled me why so many people go without the key rather than farm the parts. The bosses aren't camped (I can attest to that after farming up a set about a month ago and working on another set the past few days.) If you need some help in game, and you're clan, send me a PM.
    Well whenever I want to get it the thing seems to never get done or nobody doing it. Which is part of the problem you shouldn't have such convoluted quests just to get a key to save your xp. The practice and game design is archaic and antiquated. The whole design needs updated and remodeled to keep up with the state of the game and current times. The clan sance key I've not see anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    [...]Ah yes, that will be an unfortunate consequence of this patch: Testlive will need to have its characters wiped when this is patched. I'll try to add more stuff to Auto to make the rebuilding process easier, while restoring the Testlive Transfer function, as it seems to have fallen asleep at some point.
    That's to be expected to happen on TestLive. But thanks for looking into further improving Auto!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

This is amazing news! Good job michi!!!

Fix the name command. Its been broke for what since the merge?

I am totally serious when I say that Auto should be added to the live servers. With all the still missing twink items added. Let's end once and for all this farce that AO is an RPG game with cooperative team content.

Most hilarious are the self fullfilling prophecies of circular logic. We don't waste time fixing old content because there are no new players because we don't fix old content.

Congratulations on your next job "dear"developer.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    you shouldn't have such convoluted quests just to get a key to save your xp.
    Can always save in pande or Xan.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Alot of people don't realise that if you get your +10 ring earlyish, the moment you hit 201 you can get to Pande through the portal in the central Xan Hub meaning you can save in some ludicrous place on RK if you really so desire.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Fix the name command. Its been broke for what since the merge?
    Since about 4 years prior to the merge.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Goes for pen,ado,ely, (schoel if your insane) also. Quests for keys all need remodeled.

Goes for pen,ado,ely, (schoel if your insane) also. Quests for keys all need remodeled.
    I would disagree, all those key quests require you to do is tag a few mobs basically. The goal is so that the player actually gets a lay of the land and understands the geography instead of just playing hopscotch from one garden save to next zone. Besides I think Ado and Pen are probably the easiest keys to get, they don't require anything but running from place to place and if you saved in garden you can terminate back there for faster travel. Source frags can be bought and/or farmed before u start key in Pen also.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Revamp RK missiond. Those are the heart of AO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Hey Michizure, some people have talked about it in the thread already, but a solution for lvl 9/10 research. It could be as simple as halving SK rewards, but giving it to us twice.

So instead of getting say 100k SK for an inferno hard, we get 2 bursts of 50k SK, that way most of it doesn't get wasted from the research caps.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Proud owner of Michizure T shirt
    I got one of them too :-)
    The mind is like a parachute.
    It works best when it's open.

Until 150 everyone is usually in Elysium.
    150-175 you are usually in Adonis.
    175-200 should be Penumbra.
    Inferno should be 200+. Those guys below 200 cannot do anything there anyway just leech.

Make Penumbra more interesting (not just alappaa). Place same type of dungeon there and make mission reward more interesting.

Pushing 170 to Inferno just ruins the game.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    Inferno should be 200+. Those guys below 200 cannot do anything there anyway just leech.

Make Penumbra more interesting (not just alappaa). Place same type of dungeon there and make mission reward more interesting.

yeah, playing within your own level-range is more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post

I blame LE Giving us 70 additional levels without any new place to obtain said experience was a mistake that has plagued this game since Lost Eden was released.

Here's the thing. Inferno isn't hard. Being really cautious, I would say that at least half of all professions can solo outdoor Inferno mobs at 160. Again, being cautious, I'd say that they all can by 190. (Referring to decently geared toons, up to date nanos and weapon). It isn't that 160-200's are too low for Inferno, the problem is that 210+ toons are now too powerful for that zone.

The only solutions that make sense (to me) would be to put some really amazing xp/hour gain activities in Ado and Pen (Dark Ruins was a start but not enough), fix the research caps and maybe create some sort of Pande 210+ 6-man team (not raid) mission that has a higher sk gain than inferno.

Regardless, until they implement some sort of solution, I rather be able to do what I'm doing to gain xp on my 160+ toons and not be forced into the empty wastelands known as Adonis and Penumbra for xp.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

you really think obtaining xp is a problem at the moment?

Yeah, gaining xp in a team of people all around your level is a problem imo and has been a problem for a few years.

But gaining xp by me logging a 220 and having my other toon on follow. Not a problem at all.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast