Thread: Professional Revotes - Part I: Current Professionals

Professional Revotes - Part I: Current Professionals

We are starting Professional revotes, which will happen in two parts.

In this part, we will have your current professionals given a vote of confidence/no confidence. If you want your professional to continue in this role, vote yes, if you wish them to be up for reelection, vote no.

All empty and open positions will attempt to be filled in the second part of the revotes.

Racatti and Nanotehnpoir have been removed for inactivity, and Traders have no current Professionals. We will attempt to fill these positions during the second portion of the revotes.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 30th, 2014 at 17:42:35.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Voting No.

Ain't seen either for AGES.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

They've both been removed for inactivity, so we're not having a continuation vote for them.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    In this part, we will have your current professionals given a vote of confidence/no confidence. If you want your professional to continue in this role, vote yes, if you wish them to be up for reelection, vote no.
    This is what threw me a little
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    This is what threw me a little
    That would be me copy/pasting the majority of the post to fifteen different forums, sorry.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

I wasn't sure which thread to put this question in as it applies to all of them (that have current professionals)... so I'll just stick it here

You currently have votes up asking if people want to keep the existing professionals. It is tough to determine if I want the existing person to stay if I don't know who else is interested in taking on the role. Wouldn't it have made more sense to simply hold all new elections for all professions and if someone wanted to keep their existing professional they'd just vote for them rather than a new person?

As it stands now, I could vote to not keep someone on as professional only to find that the people that opt to run to replace them are worse options than the existing person. Or, the reverse side, if people vote to keep on the existing professionals then that means we don't even get to see who our other options might be.

A lot has changed since the last election and there have been a lot of new faces on the forums and in the game that might be able to make positive contributions if given the opportunity. The result, for me, is that I voted No for everyone because I'd like to see all new elections and fully see my options. I doubt others are going to do the same though.

I hope this is clear, if not I can try to reword.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 6th, 2014 at 19:03:04.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I think the idea is, a vote of no-confidence will trigger a re-vote, not fire them outright.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by -Ruken- View Post
    I think the idea is, a vote of no-confidence will trigger a re-vote, not fire them outright.
    Right, but my concern is that a vote of confidence just keeps them automatically and doesn't trigger an election for that profession. That seems a tad unfair to people that might potentially be interested in the role (and maybe do a good job) and it also doesn't make sense (to me) in the grand scheme of even having an election at all. The original thought behind the professionals program, I thought, was periodic re-elections.. not just asking people if they wanted to keep their existing rep without any competition.

Edit: http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT << Is this still an accurate write up of what the professionals program is about? If so, I'm just wondering if existing professionals are going to have the opportunity to present information to the us (the community) about who they are, their ability to perform the role, etc.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 6th, 2014 at 19:11:40.
    You can find me at:

Originally professions were invited and instated by Funcom, with no election involvement at all. Kintaii opened it up to a vote. I have removed all of the professionals who did not meet an activity standard given to them in the last six weeks or so. Most professions have at least one spot open, if not both, so we will be doing a full revote on those anyway. (Trader is an example of me removing both professionals for inactivity.)

For those that are active and doing their job, I didn't think it the best idea to force a full reelection and starting from scratch, unless their professions are actively upset with how they are doing.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Edit: http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT << Is this still an accurate write up of what the professionals program is about? If so, I'm just wondering if existing professionals are going to have the opportunity to present information to the us (the community) about who they are, their ability to perform the role, etc.
    I added this edit apparently 2 seconds after you responded so you probably didn't see it. Any answer on this part?
    You can find me at:

More or less, we just haven't kept up with the strict schedule. We'll have to discuss exactly how we're handling nominations before we get to it, but I will certainly let everyone know exactly how/what we're doing. It may be a few days.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Not my shiny avatar!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

So? Any results?..

I've basically returned from a year-long hiatus and have enough free time to devote to what I used to do. If there is still a need for a Trader professional then I re-volunteer. I have a feeling we're going to need a LOT of guidance come testing period for 18.7, and beyond.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I think the whole system of 'someone must vote for you' without anyone knowing who wanted to run for it was a laughably bad idea.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I think the whole system of 'someone must vote for you' without anyone knowing who wanted to run for it was a laughably bad idea.
    Dat. A professional will need dedication and time to adress issues. So does his/her application.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Well, I'm starting to think the program has been abandoned yet again since this was all announced in October and we're now past our first week of February.

Not surprised really.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Well, I'm starting to think the program has been abandoned yet again since this was all announced in October and we're now past our first week of February.

Not surprised really.
    as you can see other new professional have been announced so i guess its work in progress.
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website